South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Hump Day Chat - May 30

A quick good morning. I'm coffeed and have eaten, dogs are fed and pottied, my bath is running and I'm off to town at 7 to get my third knee shot. This one is supposed to work but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

After the shot, I'll hit a garden centre and search for some Genovese basil plants and a few other odds and ends that I really don't need. Then it'll be straight home to do pet therapy with Lucy at the clinic. We can't do the nursing home because they are locked down because of an outbreak of some respiratory thing - my Harry has it but not badly. I hope to be able to visit on the weekend.

Gotta dash! What's on your schedule?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

I hope everything gets straightened out at the nursing home, and keeping my fingers crossed for Harry, Ruth. How's that knee coming along, are those shots working yet? No visit to the garden center is a waste, it's therapy for your soul.

I scheduled a Weight & Measure at Curves this morning. I haven't done one in a long time, and I think it will help keep me motivated. I had a perfect day yesterday, no cheats at all, and I'm feeling great! I still need to work on getting all my water requirements in, but it's coming along.

I'm off for now, have a great OP day!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #3  

Cottage: You are doin Superfantastic!!!
Ruth: all is okay at the nursing home and with H. My gren had those shots -cept into her foot, and she said that she didnt hold out much hope till the 3rd shot..then it worked like a charm.
MIL and BIL left yesterday.. MIL has been here for 6 weeks and I will miss her ...she was my dishwashing/mopping fairy She can get overthetop motherly with "did you....." Dont forget to......." Remember to:::: " I would do it this way".....
Oy! but I know it comes from a place of love and not
Dh had to go out and get a new router, as the old one kept dropping our connections... I went through Internet withdrawl the passed 2 days! I hope this works! Today we are going to cut down our two furbabies for the summer... Tawk about Fur Flyin!!!

Okay time to gogogogogo!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, hope that knee is feeling better...knee problems are no fun (one reason I decided to lose weight..my knees began bothering me)
I have to take my youngest son (Beau,19,college jr) to get mri results on his knee this afternoon. He teaches aiki jutsu and injured his knee a year and half ago during his 3rd level black belt test...he was up in the air and when he landed we all heard the CRUNCH that's when the Mommy panic set in, but I knew I was not allowed to run screaming onto the mat..the testing is one of those "solumn" type ceremonies and Beau told me never to scream if I saw blood etc, so I just sat there squeezing my husband's fingers off. Finally (seemed like hours, but only seconds really) the head honcho said "Mom, I think he needs to go to the hospital"
A couple days later, they had him in the operating room, got him open, then came out to tell me they didn't do anything, because what they thought was the problem was not the problem...basically take him home and he'll heal. It never really did, so we went to a new Dr. and he thinks it is ACL..and they are deciding whether or not to do surgery again. Beau was planning on taking a couple of classes this summer, so they really have to do it soon if he is going to heal up enough to go to school.

Cottage, I know your weigh in will be great since you've been such a good girl!

Other than working at the computer getting some client stuff done and the Dr. appt, nothing exiting happening here. It's been raining since yesterday afternoon (not complaining, but we are supposed to have 2 more days of it).
I put on a pot of white beans w/turkey and chicken sausage in the new slow cooker this morning around 5. Since I haven't done them in a crock pot before, we'll see how they turn out.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #5  

Schatzi!Cutting down your furbabies! You can just imagine the images that are running through my mind right now! Sounds like you have a really good relationship with your MIL, I know you'll miss her.

Well, I had my W&M at Curves, so that will keep me accountable! Actually, the news wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I'm leaving my ticker as is for now, though.
Mmmmmmmm, somebody's cooking BACON! It's a good thing we can't gain just by inhaling the aroma! I'll just have my cottage cheese and strawberries and pretend it's bacon.
Well, I'm not getting anything accomplished around here, I'd better go get the finishing touches on Audrey's costume - she needs it by Friday!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #6  

Hi, femmecreole, you snuck in there while I was posting! I sure hope everything goes well with your DS!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schatzi, Cottage and I all seemed to be posting at once!

Schtzi, I know you will miss your MIL! My Mother lives with us during the winter and with my sister in North Carolina during "hurricane season". We met up with my sister in GA at Calloway Gardens the day after Easter to make the switch and I have missed her so much. Of course I talk to her daily, but it's not the same. She took over laundry and dish duty when she was here and it really helped me out a lot. I really didn't want her to have to do that, but she said she enjoyed doing it. Since Katrina, both my Mother and Mother in Law have left Louisiana and I miss both of them terribly. My precious MIL is going to try to come spend some time with us soon and I can't wait. You say PARTY and she has her purse and is heading for the door..she is a lot of fun. My husband's parents and my parents were good friends for many years before I even started dating my husband, so they have always been family to me since I was little
Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning chickadees!

Ruth: I hope that third shot sure does do the trick. I've got my for H as well and I hope that you get to visit him soon!

Cottage: You're doing so well keeping up with your trips to Curves that I bet your W-I will be wonderful!

Schatzi: I'm about ready to de-fur the lab! His hair is everywhere! Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with MIL, wish I could say the same.

femmecreole: I hope your son's MRI goes well and that they're able to get to the bottom of the problem and fix his knee!

ME: I've been thinking a lot lately about getting a second job to pay down some of our debt. The sooner I get it paid off, the sooner I get to quit working for good. It's just really hard to find an evening and weekend job in such a small town. I'm just going to keep my ears open and make a move when the time comes. The only thing I'm worried about is it affecting my workouts and/or eating habits. I'm just going to pray about it and see what happens. At worst I might just work the summer and make as much as I can.

Well, time to get back to work -- lots of stuff going on right now because of Monday's holiday. Time to get caught up!!

~Kim
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Afternoon chicks. My house is smelling and looking squeaky clean. DH kept the boys busy playing outside while I got to do a good cleaning. Laundry is on the line. Wow I love a clean house. Of course DH needs me to help him now just as I sat down. Be back.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #10  
Slow and sure chick

Hi fatchicks,

I am happy to report an additional 2 pound weight loss.
That makes 10 pounds for phase 1 - very respectable.
I am already cruising the phase 2 recipes, thanks to all who posted them.
I begin phase 2 Friday.
Closed Thread