Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default WW Question?

I recently went to a ww meeting, and really considering joining, since I cant afford Jenny for a couple of weeks, i started jenny about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and Ive lost about 6 pounds and I eat 1200 calories, and not very active, if I start WW how many points will i be allowed?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #2  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

it depends

it is a very personalized system, takes into account many factors ... not just weigh alone
Old 05-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #3  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi Stacie,

Under Weight Watchers -- check on the link for FOOD & POINT ISSUES, then on the link "General Information on calculating points". It will give you the information that you need.

I too was on Jenny way back when -- but it cost too much for the food and I was tired of taking along food that wasn't real food (that's what my experience was like). I did lose weight on WW and quite successfully -- however due to a divorce and age itself and not really paying attention -- I gained it all back (47+ pounds). Weight Watchers is a lifestyle change -- but one that you can live with if you put your mind to it. Anything in life is like that. I had to ask myself if I loved paying money out for food, and for me it wasn't something that worked for my family. I wanted to cook for the whole family and that included cooking for myself. With Jenny I had to cook a meal for my family and then something separate for myself. Most of the time I just said forget it and thus...here I am!

Read the site and see if it fits for you. If not, there are a lot of other links and forums for losing weight that may be of help.

Keep us posted if you are staying around! We have a couple of others that are not OP (on program) that come to chit chat and give us ideas for the other challenges that we have in life that affects the way that we eat! Meantime --- I big Calgary Welcome!!!! (yes yes...I'm from rodeo land!)
Old 05-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

When I first started at WW they were using the 1.2.3 success plan and there you would have 24-31 points per day.

The second(and third) time they were using Flex Points and ther you would get 26 points but you can 'spend' another 35 anytime during the week.

I found the second one very hard. I am back on WW on my own and I am using the 24-31 points per day. I try to stay within the bootom few points most days of the week.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I just noticed that you are at almost 200lbs. Once your at 199 your daily points drop to 22-29 or 24(+ the 35 weekly)
Closed Thread