Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Smile CORE CHAT - MAY 28 to JUN 3, 2007

Here are some fresh pages to write on!

Gina - sorry about your neck - hope it feels better - don't work too hard!

Vickie - water is the answer! Any news on the treadmill?

Sunny today after a gloomy rainy day yesterday - but not super warm. Went dress shopping w/ dd yesterday - a bit of a nightmare - she had trouble find something that fit her (well endowed) - mostly tight in the chest area - finally found something which I dont' think fits great but it will work (and only $40 rather than the $250 dress she liked ).

Then off to see the new Pirates movie with all the kiddies - quite entertaining but I found it long and the storyline quite complicated? Maybe I was just tired?

Having tummy troubles all weekend ever since our dinner out sat night. Went to a hopping new place in the Market (downtown club/restaurant/bar area) called Mambo - dh's band is actually playing there wed night so he wanted to check it out (and my hairdresser even mentioned it when she was doing my hair). So we went there for dinner and it was a lovely summer night. ( http://www.mambonuevolatino.com/ )

The food is kinda cuban/spanish - it all tasted so good - but was a bit spicy. We shared a platter of veggie tapas, and I had the arroz poblito (cuban rice w/veggies and shrimp/scallops) and some watermelon sangria (YUM). It was all yummy - but both our tummies were rumbling all night (found some Gas-X in the medicine cabinet and took that at bedtime, at 3 am and at 7 am - get the picture?). Yesterday I was still suffering from some of the effects of the food - hopefully it is all out of my system now?

Bad news is I have a lunch meeting w/a consultant today at the Thai restaurant down the street - again delicious food but I am afraid to eat anything spicy now!

Tired today and got to work early cuz I have been up since 5 am!!! I think my meds are giving me insomnia (one of the side effects!)

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Dear Lord, Frouf, you do NOT need to have insommnia. It stinks!

My stomach has been bothering me lately because I'm worried about Jim. Did you eat beans? Maybe that was the problem and you'll be ok with spicy Thai?

The treadmill is dead and no one has written us back or called yet. Not surprising though because the repair visit was late on Friday and it is a holiday weekend here.

I'm off to have breakfast. Have a great day all!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

You lucky chickies - enjoy your holiday! So is everyone partying it up?

No beans - wish I could blame them - not sure what was upsetting our tummies!

I am looking forward to my lunch tho - and hope no 'repercussions'!

Frouf
Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

HI! HIHIHIHIHI!!!!!

OMG, I finally discovered (um, make that REMEMBERED) FireFox ... the pages will LOAD! What a novel concept!

It's like driving 18 hours to a family reunion!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #5  

Alrighty ... need to ask. Vickie, what's wrong with Jim? I know I can dig thru pages and pages of posts, but asking outright seems to be most direct route.

I have an update. I think ...

Erin graduated from UTA and was accepted to Texas A&M pharmacy school. She'll leave the first part of August to move down there (near Corpus Christi). We're freaking out about the $25,000 per year tuition / living expenses ... but will manage. It's only for four years so I'm figuring that the $100K will be totally worth it. I asked her the other day if I'm going to have to call her "Dr." and she said yes. Hmmm ... Dr. Daughter? Somehow it just doesn't have that much of a ring to it.

Shaun will transfer to his ship on June 7 (U.S.S. Curts) and is here taking the rest of his leave time. He got into town early yesterday morning and so far, is still at a friend's house. He'll be here in the next day or two and will leave a week from Tuesday.

Kate moved to Denton and lives in a house with four other people. She is still working for Wells Fargo in Westlake and is happy there.

It has rained here (my favorite weather) for the last 4-5 days, pretty much nonstop ... but I did manage to go outside and plant flowers yesterday, then earlier this morning, and then again a little while ago. I am determined to make up for last summer when I was in that boot cast thingy and the flowerbeds were not so great.

So catch me up! In a nutshell ... Vickie? Melissa? Sandra? Rhonda? Angela? Frouf? Everybody???

I'm still in shock that I can get on here.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #6  

Oh and one more thing. Sandra, our trip to Montana is finalized. We've already booked and paid for flights ... August 4 to Missoula (being picked up by SIL and driven to Hamilton) and then the return is August 11. We're going to Glacier for a few days but Judd is definitely wanting to meet you both sometime during that time. I hope you're going to be around.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

frouf, thank you for the clean pages. are you talking prom dress? curtis and i are both having some stomach issues but we're eating spicey food left and right. i think it's all the fruit/veggies we're devouring.

we had a good time at our friends last night. we had grilled chicken, fresh pineapple, watermelon, salad, ff dressing. they had grilled garlic bread but curtis and i didn't. (i did have my , though. i counted the pts.) life is good.

vickie, we had core pancakes this am. they were pretty good and stayed with us till we had our late lunch.

i need to go post a menu, don't i?

kathy, i'm really enjoying chatting with you today. girlfriend, i have missed you soooo much!!!!

sounds like your kids are doing great. as to yard, what all have you planted? i have been a planting diva this spring. i even built a waterfall. i'm going to post an updated photo of it here in a sec. there's a "jungle" around it now.

gina, i'm sorry you're back/neck are sore. what are you doing for them? don't work too hard today.

frouf, it's just another day here for us. since we're retired and don't do much socializing, just about every day's the same. we're planning to go see pirates soon. we're waiting on the crowds to thin a bit.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #8  

Planting: well, first of all I put some hydrangeas in the front, then cleaned out dead monkey grass and replaced it. Some white begonias from last year came up, as did some mysterious yellow things (sorta like daffodils but not really).

I put in a flat of white periwinkles, pink petunias, and a flat of yellow and orange zinnias. That was in front. Then in back, in big pots, I put marigolds, periwinkles, more zinnias, and some ornamental peppers. I went to Garden Ridge and got a very cute ceramic birdhouse to put on a shepherd's hook in the front, and a metal "welcome" on a small hook in back. It's looking pretty "flowery" outside!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

sounds pretty. i haven't thought of monkey grass in ages. i don't think anyone up here grows it. would you believe i had to buy a trumpet vine!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday night everyone. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Thankfully Tuesday is my normal day off, so its a 4 day weekend for me. We have been busy doing not much. I did get some beautiful plants for our house and patio, cleaned up the patio and got it ready to use and also made it the cemetary this morning. Planted some nice flowers there as well (My FIL is burried next to our son, it was nice to clean up both and do some nice flowers. Which reminds me to call my MIL and let her know.

Kathy, great that you are back. Glad the family is well.

Vickie - my scale is up as well and I've been eating well. Maybe the moon? WI for me is Wed so I'll be doing lots and lots of water tomorrow.

Frouf, sorry to hear about the insomnia. No fun at all.

Gina, Tiki and Coco, how are you doing?

Well, off to read and catch up some more. BB tomorrow.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

paula, a lot of folks around here did gardening today, too. i weeded. tomorrow i want to go get some perennials for the rose garden out back.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in ages. Busy end of school year and church stuff have kept me very occupied. But today we're home and lying low, since 2 of my 3 daughters are vomiting. Lovely. I'm SOOOO tired of everybody being sick. Oh well.

My younger brother recently graduated from medical school, so now he says we can call him Dr. Ben. Ha ha. My parents and he are leaving today for NYC, where he will do his residency. I think it's pretty exciting - he'll be living right there in the middle of the city, right across the street from a big park. My parents are borrowing my van, so it will have been to NYC, but not me.

Kathy, it's great to see you! So glad you found a way to come join us. Your flowers sound beautiful. My gardening has been pretty much limited to veggies so far, but the flowers are going in this week (I hope.) Depends on how long the kiddos stay sick.

I hope everyone has a great week and can manage to relax. My birthday is this Saturday, so I need to plan something fun to do.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

Hi there,

Finally able to get on here today!

Kathy - welcome back! So nice to see you again! Glad the kids are doing okay and I am very impressed with your gardening. I am itching to start planting myself - but still need to do some prep work and off again this weekend (another dance competition w/dd) so it will have to wait!

Angela - sorry about the sick kiddies - hope the rest of you don't catch whatever it is! Waiting to hear about your fabulous birthday plans!

Not a prom dress (thank god!) - but for this gala thing she is going to - the school musical she was in is nominated (category of best song/dance) so she and the other cast members are attending this fancy event!

And the insomnia continues - my research shows this is definitely a result/side effect of the meds I'm on - esp since I increased the dosage. Now most people are saying the side effects should disappear in a few weeks - I've been on the higher dosage for almost 2 weeks now so will stick it out a bit longer but it sure it NOT fun waking up every morning at 5 am and tossing and turning. Bright side is I have been getting to work earlier - so I can leave earlier Have dr appt tomorrow pm so will mention this to my dr.

Later,

Frouf
Old 05-29-2007, 06:30 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sigh....I gained 2 pounds this week. Celebrating my birthday and the holiday with no exercise was NOT a good plan.

I really stink at this lately. If I keep it up, I'll be back at square one.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

angela, it's good to see you here. sorry the girls are sick. how about getting some help from dr. bro? what did you decide for your birthday? something fun? something decadent? as frouf would say, "inquiring minds want to know."

frouf, i hope you can start sleeping better. have you tried ambien? i hear it's really good.

vickie, if i were you, i'd be thrilled to be up 2 lbs. i can easily gain 8 during a week of gatherings. just dust yourself off. you'll be fine. work the plan. i just made a banana smoothie. curtis loved his. i did, too. i thought of you when i made them. you always write of such wonderful smoothies.

i was on my way to but detoured at the local nursery. now i'm heading out to plant some more color in our beds. i hope i'm leaving enough room for stuff to grow. oh, well. life is gooooooooood.