Old 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Default Has anyone heard of Transitions Weight Loss program?

I went to my gym's re-grand opening celebration (change of ownership) this past Saturday and entered my name into a few drawings they were having. One was for this weight loss program called Transitions. I talked to the lady at the table breifly, and I have seen the name before but I don't know a lot about it. Well, last night I got a call saying that I was the winner for the Transitions drawing, which is 1/2 off a 12 week program. I guess the 12 week program is $180.00 and I'd get it for $90.00. I was skeptical because it seems like this could be one of those things that everyone who put there name in gets it for 1/2 off, so I asked and she assured that it wasn't what happened, and I was the only winner.

I am looking around here to see if anyone has tried this before or a program similar. Apparently, from the little I could find on the internet, it's a "lifestyle" based on eating low-glycemic foods. I don't really understand that concept other than it involves carbohydrates.

I am not following a set plan at the moment, but I am averaging a 1-2 pound loss per week and for me I am comfortable with that. I am scared about started a different program and what that could mean for my new healthy habits that I have adopted. I guess what I'm saying is, if it's not broke, don't fix it, right?! On the other hand, this could be something that really works for me and makes the weight come off faster. I've lost weight fast before and it only caused me to gain it all right back and then some.

Any advice...tips...information? Anything? Thanks ladies!

~Toni
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

If you are losing 1-2 pounds per week, i would let this sleeping dog lie. It does sound like one of those contests that *everybody* wins. Sounds like a sales pitch. Plus you have to pay almost $100 for something that may or may not work, when you know what is working. That is too risky for me, especially if you feel you can do the plan that you are currently on for life. Low glycemic is a great plan, but only IF you can do it for life, no sense in starting something that you cant finish. That is just what i would do though, i have tried enough diets to know what i can and cannot stay on.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

How long is the 1/2 price deal good for?

I think if your on a roll, why spend $90.00. Seems a little pitchy to me.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

$90 could buy some new clothes!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

You ladies are only confirming what I am already thinking and for that I thank you! I think it's a damn shame that there are SO many people making money off of our desires to lose weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing them all, but I think MOST of them are totally unnecessary. I think it's possible to lose weight in a healthy way just by changing how we eat and what we eat and increase exercise. Spending an arm and a leg on magic products and diet "secrets" should never be a good option. I said it myself, if it isn't broke, don't fix it!!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote