Old 05-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something's Chat: Monday, May 21st

So, I figured I'd better post a little something so that no one out there forgets me.

Today's a holiday in Canada -- Victoria Day -- which means I have another day to recover a little, maybe work on the trains I've been neglecting (and with 2 weeks to the show, I need to stop that). I've already got a bit of a hike planned today - first nice day in almost a week. (I think I have rust and/or mold growing on me it's been so damp lately.) That'll pretty much deal with the morning. Who knows about the afternoon - DW is off to a baby shower, so I'm on my own.

Feeling a little "emotionally" better. Nothing has really changed, but I almost feel motivated again. Not motivated enough to actually think I could stick to some kind of regimen, but enough to not feel totally miserable about things. Too much to do to feel sorry for myself all the time - not that it's going to stop me, but whatever. I'm me and I have to accept that.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I've gotta get myself into the shower so I can be ready when I get the hike call.

Take care all. I'm always thinking of you guys.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Morning all: I'm getting ready to go for a walk...got a new fitness partner (probably the only reason I am up and ready this morning!). I had a big weekend re-loading the shed, but after that "workout" I had a big bowl of ice cream. The usual...always sabotaging with fatty foods. I wish I could be more into self-deprivation like a lot of dieters...just don't have that in me! Anyhow, I'm off. Good day everyone! (especially you guys on a Holiday today!)
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

woohooo...welcome back roo. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. Enjoy your walk
Mum - sorry you haven't gotten much sleep...that really can wreck havoc on eating well and life in general LOL
happy - glad to hear you are feeling less depressed.

As for me...yesterday went well. DH helped me with my horse and horse trailer. I got a very nice ride in also. Then DH and i went shopping around town for some basic stuff. DH decided he needed a few more shirts...so we stopped at jcpenny's and while he was looking i actually got brave enough to try some swim suits on. I've been dying to go to the pool but feel yuckie with my suit i have (bikini that i use to think looked ok on me..but not now with all the flab). And i was shocked...i found a cute tankini that actually covered all my belly fat and a bottom that had a skirt attached so again covered the fat (and it was only $45). Don't get me wrong..i'm not ready for sports illustrate's next swimsuit issue..but at least now i don't feel totally like the great big blob pouring out of a bikinin. I also found 2 absolutely adorable shorts that were only 10$ each...woohoo. Then we worked for a few hours trying to search for houses. So as you can see, my sunday was very very busy.

Hope everyone has a great day. Good luck all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I don't even wanna see a swimsuit this year! I feel soo fat today...I know it's the hag making her way here, but I'm up a couple pounds this AM and just feel "sloppy fat" today, KWIM? Like I should be wearing tight jeans to hold it all in!

I'm going to take a walk at lunch today. I don't know how far it is around my new building here, but I know I can do 1/2 way, if need be. I'm not wearing real comfy shoes, so I'm not sure how far I'll make it, but I am going to do something...and make a note to bring sneakers for lunch time walking from now on! I've just GOT to do something.

GG, congrats on the swimsuit! Any luck on the house search? What area are you searching in? (I'm getting sick of looking on MLS for me, I can look for you! LOL!) How did the lameness eval go?

Michelin, Ugh, icecream is my vice, I just can't have it around.

RX, nice to see you. Stick around and help us all get motivated!

Who uses a pedometer? I have a couple around, but I don't know how to set it up. Does it need to be set up for steps, or just if you want to track mileage?

How about tracking our exercise?? Doesn't have to be a "challenge", more of a motivation and if we see how much exercise we're all doing, maybe it will guilt us who are doing nothing into doing something? Because I know I sure could use a good dose of guilt!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey Roo I know that Canada has a holiday today. We are doing that in Daycare today. I think it is important for kids to know our World.

GG; Glad you had fun shopping

gots to go have a good day
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #6  
sheila

Lauren: I do steps. With daycare I usually hit 25-30,000 per day and to still think I am over weight
Old 05-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #7  
LBH

Sheila, WOW!! That's a lot of steps! How many steps are in a mile? Or what is the recommended number of steps?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #8  
LBH

OK, posted a coupla pics up yonder....
Old 05-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #9  
sheila

I am not sure what the criteria for steps are. I can tell you what I did that and how many calories burned with my workout watch that I wear that tracks my heart rate etc and I can tell you it is about 4400 calories with that many steps. Honestly when I used to be a work out junkie it was easy at that time. We burn so many calories in a day anyway it is what we put back in that is hard. At least for me it is.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #10  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post
I wish I could be more into self-deprivation like a lot of dieters...just don't have that in me!
I hear ya, girl.

Was out for another decent walk today (about 8km/5 miles, rugged terrain) to only come home and eat a big bowl of popcorn & a ton of brownies. *sighs* I guess the only comfort I can take is in the fact that I would have eaten those brownies anyway. :P

I guess I'm the living model of 'do as I say, not as I do'. :P
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Quick hi to everyone! I went away with a girlfriend for the weekend. We stayed at a lovely B&B. I really needed some time away from kids, packing, schedules, etc., etc... Came home feeling refreshed and looking forward to seeing my DH & kids! I walked a lot this weekend but my eating was *bad*... Today is a whole new day... I'll check back later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well i never found the money and job we have been praying for turned my husband down i just dont understand it he graduated TOP of his class (police academy) and has been turned down from 8 agencies because of CREDIT it fuc87ing sucks oh well oh and to top the week off i weigh'd in yesterday and im up 5 pounds GREAT
check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #13  
sheila

Michelle: I have lots of issues about that credit crap. That is wrong for employers to look at credit history as far as I am concerned it is none of their business what you do in your personal life. {what your bills are} Just like Insurance they seem to think it is ok to go off of credit but it is a must to have insurance. You get screwed either way. I know this from our daughter with all her surgeries. Our credit was in the high 7's went down to the 4's and back up to 6's but 6's is considered average. I think eventually it is going to get to the point there is going to be more people with out perfect credit and the perfect ones are going to be the minority.

Sorry about your bad luck, it's got to get better
Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

thanks shelia i needed to hear that cause last week was just ALLLL BAD
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote