WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #1  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

Default Went out to eat and have no idea the points value..

So I just went out to eat with my friends and we ordered a bunch of appetizers and I have no idea how to count the points. I think I likely went over my daily points value but I also went to the gym today and on a hour walk so hopefully that will counteract it.

Anyway, I had fried calamari (about 10 small pieces), a piece of garlic bread and a vietnamese spring roll. I really have no idea the value for these things What do you do when you really don't know the value? I want to be able to eat out and I try my best when I do but it's difficult to know exactly. Any ideas/suggestions?
fireflytrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #2  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

Well, I usually try to find foods (in my ww book or on a website) that are close to what I ate, then I add a couple points just to try to cover my butt! Generally, I try to make the most accurate guess possible then add a few points to that.

Another thing I will do is just use all my 35 extra points for whatever I ate and stay within my daily points for the rest of the time. That only works if I haven't used any of the flex points though.

Hope this helps a little!
princess_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #3  
Katie

I looked them up and am thinking the following:

Fried Calamari: 12
Garlic bread: 5
Vietnamese roll: 2 (it was mostly vegetables and was not fried)

I guess just saying all my flex points were used would work too as I have 30 flex left for the week.

I don't want to underestimate but also don't want to greatly overestimate. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 AM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I check the restaraunts web page and nutrition values before I go. Then tally the points for the wanna have's and the should have's. Ifn I dont have time to do all that figuring, I hit Dotties Weight Loss Zone. ( dwlz.com ) <~~ hope thats not a violation of this site.

If she doesnt have the exact place I am eating or foods I will look at simular.

Good luck on your journey!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Wow least you know what you ate.

My auntie works in a restaurant and brought home these cracker type things which tasted like cheese, butter and some herbs it was very yummy but i haven't got a clue whats they were called. So i can look them up on the points tracker and my aunts englisdh is not that good. I just asked her whats in them and had to put the recipe in. Shows i'll eat anything!!They were yummy but u cant eat too much of it though..
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hey, call it a great use of your flex points, and pat yourself on the back! You certainly were aware of everything that you ate, unlike me (aka Ms. Hoover-girl)!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:36 AM   #7  
Katie

Yeah.. I was paying attention to what I ate since I felt guilty about it and wanted to try and tabulate later. I ended up losing 2.4 pounds when I went to my WW meeting this weekend so I guess the damage wasn't too severe.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #8  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

Thumbs up

That's great!

It just shows how well WW works even if you don't know the exact number of points but stick to the plan
princess_peach is offline   Reply With Quote