Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6"

Default Starting Over ... For the last time!

I've decided tomorrow I am moving forward. I have been binging on-and-off all year and it has made me feel so horrible. I have tried so many times this year to control my binging and to lose weight but I sabotage myself every time. I realize I have literally told myself every week for the past 10 or so months that I will make progress THIS WEEK... but I simply cannot afford to waste any more time. I am not going to overanalyze my progress and make a weight loss shedule as I usually do because I now know that just sets me up for disaster. I am also going to try to eliminate as much sugar as possible from my food choices because even the smallest amount brings out the binge monster and I completely lose self control. I am going to try and focus on eating lots of whole foods and avoiding refined products. I also am trying to get past the belief that I should look like I did when I was 15. In Gr. 8 I went from a 134 (I thought I was so big!) to a 117 so easily. It really was so simple... one day I just decided I am no longer going to eat anything unhealthy. I mainly used fat content as my determining factor... which I now know is not entirely correct. I started exercising a lot and I never thought twice about eating ice cream, cake, cookies etc because I loved how I looked. I was in excellent shape and felt great. As much as I love that vision of myself I am definately no longer that girl. I need to accept the fact that I allowed myself to gain about 40 pounds and take action to lose those pounds. I maintained at 120-125 for about 2 years and progressively gained another 20 over the next 3 years. It wast until this year that I managed to pile on 20 pounds in the matter of months. I developed bulimia last year. While I was not a severe case it really skewed my view of food and it is definately not something I am proud of. I think it scared me because I fell victim to something you do not hear spoken of usually and it really is a secret disorder so I felt like I had a double life that noone else knew about. It was really hard to understand why I would lose all control towards food and the immense guilt that set in. It has been really helpful to me reading about others experiences and the challenges they faced. I eventually decided that I would rather gain weight from binging than purge so I guess you could say I became a compulsive eater instead. I no longer purge I just eat and eat and eat. So naturally I have gained a lot of weight. Today I was home alone all day and ate all day and I feel horrible. Well that has happened several times this week. I turned to emotional eating so much this past year that now it a really hard habit to break. I really want to be successful in my weightloss because I know I have a lot of potential and my weight is holding me back. I am young and I have a lot of ideas and plans and things I want to do within the next few years so I want to shape up and take control of my eating and life again.

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut so I am viewing it as a symbolic changing of my life. My hair is actually really long and I'm planning on cutting it just above the shoulders so this is a big step for me. I really wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love but since it is bleached they will not accept it unfortunately. I have about 3 months until my birthday and a trip with friends so I want to put all of my effort into losing a significant portion of the weight I have to lose before then. I have made a list of everything I want to accomplish regarding school, work, travelling, etc for the next two years so I am using this as motivation to work hard and become the person I want to be.

I really cannot continue on this road of misery and binge eating and I need to take action before my weight spirals completely out of control. I am trying to view my past history of eating disorders as something to grow from and a source of strength. It is just one of life's challenges that I need to overcome and move past. I am going to take action. I intend this post to serve as a commitement to myself and my happiness and I will follow through!
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:57 AM   #2  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

Donīt have much time at the moment, but I wanted to say:
Welcome to the board!

Maybe it would be helpful to you to join one of the "challenge thread" (the binge free week challenge or the exercise challenge).

Good luck and hope to hear from you again soon!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote