UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default How to look good naked

just watchin this on the tv.
would any of you bare all for the camera?
i know i wudnt.

there was a time not so long ago where i did feel confident
a guy made me really confident and made me like me
but he came and went
and so did my confidence
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161/130

Height: 5'8

Aww You shouldn't let a guy bring you down like that. You need to be happy in yourself. I'm not a great person to preach this, but don't like him win

I dunno, I think Gok Wan is awesome though I was at Trafford Centre when they were filming the catwalk bits, and saw him, yay! But yeah, I guess it's all about state of mind - he doesn't change anything other than how to dress/do hair and makeup. The rest is self perception. It's interesting that so many of us think we're bigger than we actually are though - most of the negative media is to blame for that, sadly.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't bare all even if I had loads of confidence and a great body I'm too shy!
ABitOnTheChubbySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:05 AM   #3  

I watched it last night ( sadly missed the first one this series) . I think it's a great programme! Look at all the different body shapes there were! it's so REAL. The world is made up of real women, all shapes and sizes . It's about time to celebrate the way we are , not the young perfect-looking airbrushed images portrayed in the media. Fantastic at helping women regain their confidence - please all watch it next week.

And to answer your question, yes I would! Given the hair, make-up and a brilliant photographer I'd go for it like a shot!
Phudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/264/?

Height: 5ft 5

Thumbs up How To Look Good Naked

I forgot to watch it last night so I'm gutted, I remembered it with approximately 2 minutes to go!

I think he makes every woman feel like a princess and that is why they are all quite happy to go naked! The only problem I have is that he doesn't give advice very often for women who are apple shaped like myself!

Would I go on it? Yes, I think I would!
Joolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #5  

I watched it yesterday, I like the programme because like someone said above it caters for all sizes and he gives some good fashion tips.. I saw him a few months ago near Baker Street and I asked if he thought i'd look good naked lol
beautifulstruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 AM   #6  

Although I usually watch both this one and 10 years younger - I prefer his as there is no plastic surgery in it. It got a bit much that all women over the age of 21 seemed to 'need' plastic surgery - is it a crime to be old?????

Going back to your question - er no. The thought of me projected onto a building somewhere - eek! I love what he does for women though.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 AM   #7  

beautiful struggle - if that is your photo - you look good anyway (what I can see of you!). What did he say?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #8  

aw thank you , he winked and said of course. he's a sweetie.

just a question though, how come the contestants have such terrible underwear??? every girl deserves some nice lingerie.
beautifulstruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 AM   #9  

I guess if you are not feeling ok about your bod then you let everything go - even taste! I have started to buy some nice undies - but being apple shaped anything flimsy looks hopeless on me. Plus a few flimsy knix I tried do not have strong elastic where it is needed!! I do try to wear some matching stuff but as I mainly wear t shirts I do not like wearing much lace under them unless it is a black t shirt.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #10  
Lydia

S/C/G: 232/172/140

Height: 5ft 7

I absolutly adore this show, and before I watched if I wouldnt be seen in a vest top never mind naked, but now, its given me a different type of confidence. To know that the average size in the uk is a 16 makes me feel average for once and I really would go naked on that show now. Im proud of the weight Ive lost!

Although realisticly can people actually wear them magic pants? they absolutly kill! haha In regards to underwear, mine, is always matching aha
jellyfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

hah i was about to post this exact same thread. I know this reply is a little late but YES YES and YES. Sadly i have a small chrush on Gok so even if it meant stripping off to meet him i would. (sad i know but....) But i think he's gay isn't he? If he isn't thats totally put my faith back into "straight" men.

I love the way this show dosen't actually change the women just a little make up a hair cut and a few pep talks and vavoom! there off. But honestly some of that uderwear looks like something my grannie would wear.
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #12  

Actually remembered to watch it last night. Very good programme I think. I do like the presenter he made me laugh! Poor woman did not know how stunning she was until the end!