Old 04-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Apr 30/07

Hi, everyone! It's almost May. I am in shock. Where is 2007 going?? Yes, I have returned from Dallas, Texas (or as they say there, the Big D). The conference was great; the speakers keep getting better and better. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reunion--a beautiful hotel. It has a revolving tower next door, so our group took in the opportunity to see the city at night. The city is actually pretty with some different architecture; however, unlike many other big cities, Dallas has not experienced a rejuvenation that I could tell. There was nothing to do at night--nothing that we could walk to.

I did take in the Dallas Aquarium--very good! I also went to the 6th Floor Museum (about JFK's assassination). I cried--it took me right back to 1963.

Foodwise, I was awful. As Susan said, ate and drank too much. We went to a gourmet restaurant (Hotel St. Germain) which was stupendous (7-course meal). The conference stuffed us each day and I ate it all! Not proud of myself. I haven't had the guts to get on the scale. The weekend I did better, but I still won't get on that scale. I don't know what has happened, but I used to get a sated feeling, so I would stop eating. Lately, I just keep eating.

There must have been something in the air as I also moved my clothing around. I got rid of a couple old outfits. I also found that I have about a half-dozen sleeveless black tops (why do I have that many?) The problem is that when I go shopping, I forget what I have.

It was a busy weekend. Played a little golf with DH. Went to a funeral (one of my elderly neighbors). Went to two plays in which friends were playing: Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and Our Town. Both were well done.

DH and I did a 5K; neither one of us did well, but we finished. DH is having knee problems and I can tell that he is worried; he's not sleeping well. Unfortunately he heads to Cinncinati this weekend to run the Flying Pig Marathon. I told him to walk it.

So, how is everyone else? Was Cuba fun, Susan?

I think Melissa is traveling, but I'm glad that her son and fiancee set the date for their wedding. That was terrible about the threat on her campus. What is happening to folks? Here there have been bomb threats at the high schools. They turn out to be end of the year pranks, but law enforcement is not amused.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #2  

Hi Lisa. I tried to login yesterday but couldn't for some reason.

I am at home this week. Returned to work after the Cuba vacation and found little change. It was starting to wreak havoc with my mental health so I decided to take this week as vacation. My training course starts next week, so I will be okay until mid June or so. In the meantime, will work on my connections to find another job.

Cuba was great. Weather was fine so we got lot's of beach/pool time, and lots of walking to offset at least some of the eating/drinking. I'm not doing so well this week with eating, but exercise has been good.

I am surprised that you couldn't find anything to do in Dallas in the evenings. I guess I just assumed that any city of that size would have plenty of night life.

Good for you for getting out and doing the 5 k. I have changed my goal for the upcoming race. I just haven't training enough for the half so will do 10 km. I'm fairly confident about that, although I will need to get some hill training in to be safe. There are a few on the route. I have also volunteered for the youth run. I will be helping with registration and at the start/finish line. It should be fun and inspiring.

The sun is threatening to shine here after five days of cloud and drizzle. It would be nice to get a few good weather days since I am off.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #3  

It's May and I can't believe how fast 2007 is flying by. Last night went to a Heart concert. They were fabulous. Ann Wilson has really put on the pounds, though, yet her sister is still slim. Ann's voice is still strong and good.

Susan, Cuba sounds nice. Maybe some day we Americans will be allowed to go there. I know that back in the 50's and early 60's it was the hot spot to go for vacation. So sorry about the job. If we didn't spend so much time there...Glad you're still running. DH is doing the Flying Pig Marathon this weekend, but he is having such bad knee problems. I'm concerned for him. I have a golf tournament this weekend. While DH is gone, I may go to a play.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies! I'm back from the warm, sunny south and am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed this evening!

Had a great time in FL and had the opportunity to visit 4 tearooms! It was wonderful. Monday we spent some time at Clearwater Beach and we were lucky enough to see dolphins very close to the shore. I slathered on the sunscreen and am happy to report I came away with NO sunburn!

I'll fill you all in more tomorrow.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #5  

Welcome back, Melissa. I'm glad the weather was pleasant for you and that you did not get sunburned. Would like to hear about the tearooms.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Life is crazy here--my dad is in the hospital and had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in yesterday. He was admitted Tuesday evening (the day before I got home) so things have been a little nuts on this end.

Tomorrow is graduation and DS #1 will be done with his degree. It seems as if it was just yesterday that we celebrated his high school graduation!!! The wedding plans are coming along--they met with the minister and it didn't go well, so they are meeting with someone else next Tuesday. I'm hoping things go well and that they can get everything lined up. As of right now they have their reception site set. I'm not sure on anything else.

Lisa, the tearooms that we visited were really nice. They were all different in terms of their decorations. I'm going to try and post some pictures on a blog I created with 3FC. Hopefully that'll work! Main Street Tearoom in Safety Harbor is my favorite--the scones are unbelievable and the sandwiches/desserts were great. Tea Rose Cottage in Ybor City is really good too--the tearoom is light and airy and the staff was really friendly. We want to go back! I really wish we had more tearooms here but I think that's what makes my trips so wonderful--visiting all the tearooms. We went to 4 while I was there.

I made the fresh grouper for my GF and I for dinner and it was fantastic. There's nothing like fresh fish! We packed a lot in over a short period of time. The kids went to tea with us twice and that worked out okay. They've gone a number of times with my GF so they're good about it.

The weather here is definitely cooler than there (64 here today) and we're just starting to bud out here with the trees.

I'll try and post more later.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #7  

Melissa, I hope your blog photos work, too. I must take my mother to the tearooms you mentioned. Safety Harbor is only 35 miles from her house.

You're right, I can remember when DS#1 graduated from High School.

I'm sorry about the meeting DS#1 had with the minister. That's too bad. Hopefully they'll do better with another one.

Grouper is one of my favorite fish. How did you prepare it?

It's definitely warm here--87 today. Aah, but buds on trees sounds nice.

Eating-wise, I'm doing well this week. Today I went to Applebees for lunch (I so love the WW items they have there). Last night I went to a Yogalates class--worked hard.

I think I've mentioned before that I sometimes go to one of those food prep places. You put your meals together and then store them in your freezer and use them as needed. Well, I notice they now have WW points next to the menu items--very cool!

So where is everyone else?