South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #1  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Trippin' Through Thursday - 4/19 Chat

Gooooood Morning Beachers!! I've been up since 4:15 this morning. Didn't get my workout in last night (girls were up later than they should have been and then I loaded garage sale stuff into the van), so I thought I'd get up this morning and do it. Holy cow I'm awake now!! Popped in the beginner Yoga Booty Ballet DVD and got trough most of it without having to stop.

This is the girls' last day at their current daycare; the center is closing next Friday. It's going to be a rough afternoon. For now, I'm off to get dressed and wake the munchkins.

What's happening on your beach towel today??
Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Jet, thanks for getting us started this morning! Wow, you've gotten a lot accomplished already! That's a shame about the daycare closing, I hope you've found another one that you feel good about.

Today's my turn to take the girls to school, then after running errands and picking up Maggie, we have to come back here to wait for the computer technician to come. He promised he'd be here at 1, and he'd better be here on time since I'll have to leave again at 2 to go get Audrey. I think sometimes these repairpeople don't think about the fact that we work, too.
Yesterday was a rough day for me, eating-wise. I wasn't hungry, but I wanted to eat all day long, a bad case of the munchies! At least I stuck to OP foods, just too much of them. Jake had to work late, so I decided to skip supper to make up for the extra eating. I hope today is a better one!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Just lost long and witty post by hitting "refresh". When will I ever learn! Back after I "milk" the Dogs.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth. That's a shame about your first post, I did the same thing yesterday! How're you doing with Phase 1? From what I've been reading, it sounds like you're breezing through fantastically! I sure wish I could get my mind wrapped around doing Phase 1 again. I've been stuck around 150 for way too long now, but I'm too reluctant to give up my oatmeal and fruit!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back. By the way, the Girls don't produce milk; they drink it. Just so you know!

Jet, you sure get your days off to a flying start. I hope you find alternate day care soon.

Cottage, busy as usual. I must confess it took a heck of an effort to decide to do Phase I but I just had to get rid of that 205 on the scale! I've been enarly perfect teh past week but know the weekend is going to be almost impossible with a dinner party on Friday night, the Festival all weekend and my DB coming for roast beast on Sunday night. I could have picked a better time to start.

Suddenly we have Spring. Sunshine and low 70's temps are predicted for the next five days. I am just so relieved and delighted as this is Syrup Festival Weekend. The tourists and visitors will be out in droves. I sat on the deck with the Girls this morning and sipped my coffee. It was only 36ºF so I did have on a coat. We Canuks are a hardy lot but not dumb!

Today was supposed to be my day "off" but I have a long list again. I'm hoping to get a small raking job done and cut back the clemmies that need it. However, I also have an appointment with a personal trainer at the fitness centre in the next village. I am a complete exercise virgin so this may kill me but I am determined to get my legs strengthened because they are interfering with my life!

Enjoy the day. It's definitely Spring around here - tra la la la!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #6  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

cottage - Good morning. I hate days when I just want to eat everything in sight. Today will be a better day!! Yes, I was lucky and found another good daycare right away. I started calling around as soon as I got to work the morning they told us they were closing. Unfortunately, there are several parents with infants who are still having a hard time finding placement. I feel bad for them.

Ruth - I see you had better luck with the 2nd post. Enjoy the springtime weather. I think going to see a personal trainer is great! Try to have fun. It won't kill you...I promise.

I'm really gone this time...one girl dressed, one to go. Need cooooooffeeeeeee.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning ladies...

Ruth your dogs drink milk???? my guys like strawberry tops and yogurt... go figure...

i'm sore I did step and body pump last night... ouchies... and i'm up 2 pounds because of it and the banana i had at bedtime... we eat so late now a days.

hubby made my yummy greek chicken for dinner... and i actually measured out my pasta (1/2 cup of rotini is a lot!) it's really easy to make... if there's a place i should post the recipe let me know...

today i am at work all day (my day btw starts at 5 every day and runs till 10:30 non-stop) then hit the gym for cardio and a free weight lesson with the trainer...

keep it beachy ladies...
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Just refreshed my coffee and I'm taking a few minutes to catch up with everyone here before I start my workday. Daughters are off to school, MIL is off to work and Hubby is still in bed...so, its nice and quiet around here. Loving it!

Jetsetter - You got up early just for your workout?! Wow! You are committed! Me and that snooze button were getting real cozy this morning....then again...we get cozy every morning.
Cottage - I hope you have an easier day today...with no munchie attacks.
Ruth- How exciting to get to work with a personal trainer! I bet starting the workouts will really pump up your weight/inch losses...and I'm sure it will strengthen your whole body.

Tonight, the DD's school has a 'spring fling' for the whole family. There will some skits and music..and of course, food. I plan on eating an on-plan meal before we go...then avoiding the food like the plague! Oldest DD said there will be dancing..but, she doesnt think its a good idea for Mom and Dad to participate. I told her that Mom and Dad still have it going on....but, she wasnt buying it!

Well, I better get to work...I'll probably be checking in again later. I always hear 3FC calling to me and feel compelled to answer several times a day. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Nessa! We posted at the same time, so I missed you.

I'm impressed that you work such long hours, but still manage to workout and stay on-plan. No wonder you are having such wonderful success!

My scales went up this morning, too...about 1 1/2 pounds. I did a 60 minute walk on the treadmill yesterday and I'm sure my muscles are retaining water. Plus, I'm having a problem giving up my Sunchips and SF ice cream each night. Yikes! I know these are what stall my weight loss.

Hope your day is great.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

Rhonda,

do you think that you indulge in Sunchips and FF ice cream because they are 'healthy' alternatives? I personally, if i'm gonna eat ice cream.. i'm having the good stuff... chips are never (well rarely) my problem, they just don't interest me.. of course i can mindless eat an entire can of pringles in a red hot minute....
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
do you think that you indulge in Sunchips and FF ice cream because they are 'healthy' alternatives?
Honestly?....No, I'm just being a spoiled brat and self-indulgent. Its my old mindset of "I've had a rough day and deserve to unwind." I'm not really hungry and I have so many healthy alternatives in the kitchen. I just need to make the decision to not bring the chips and ice cream into the house..or make the decision to stop watching TV in the evenings if I cant watch without the chips and ice cream.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Everyone,

I am just popping in...my desk is screaming at me--all piled with papers and menacing! Oh, I wanted to sleep in this morning!

Please post that Greek chicken recipe...sounds wonderful.

Take care and I will check in later
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Honestly?....No, I'm just being a spoiled brat and self-indulgent. Its my old mindset of "I've had a rough day and deserve to unwind." I'm not really hungry and I have so many healthy alternatives in the kitchen. I just need to make the decision to not bring the chips and ice cream into the house..or make the decision to stop watching TV in the evenings if I cant watch without the chips and ice cream.
that's it for me there is NOTHING in my house that's not beachy... except a few things for the teen terror (girl child) that dont' even appeal to me.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #14  
Lauren Elizabeth

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Hello!

It's Day 9 of Phase 1

It's still going well, though for some reason, I have been having some chocolate cravings the past 2 days (why is it happening NOW?). Nothing too bad, though. And this terrible cold I have is taking away my appetite a bit, so maybe that's a good thing.

I'm getting a little tired of egg-white omelets....maybe I will make mock french toast. What does everyone else eat for breakfast?

Lauren
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlaur814 View Post
Hello!

It's Day 9 of Phase 1

It's still going well, though for some reason, I have been having some chocolate cravings the past 2 days (why is it happening NOW?). Nothing too bad, though. And this terrible cold I have is taking away my appetite a bit, so maybe that's a good thing.

I'm getting a little tired of egg-white omelets....maybe I will make mock french toast. What does everyone else eat for breakfast?

Lauren

are you not using yolks at all? did the doctor tell you not to use yolks?

i love eggs. eat them every day!

also my fav breakie in phase 1 was chili!
Closed Thread