Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #1  

Default After a binge

What does everyone do after a LARGE binge-we're talking it 3pm and already at 1600 calories.
What do you guys do for the rest of the day and the next day?
I know you're not suposed to rescrit too much b/c that will lead to further binging
Any suggestion to get on track?
happy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Okay, objectively 1600c by 3pm isn't that bad at all. I don't know how much you weigh or how active you are but even going with the assumption that an average female requires 2,000c a day still leaves you with 400c left to play with and still not gain. That being said, you could even have a 800c dinner and just cut back tomorrow to a grand total 1600 and still not have done any damage.
Remember that eating is supposed to be flexible and some days one will have more calories than others just as on some days one will have less calories than others.
It will all balance out, don't worry. Just put this into perspective.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Okay, objectively 1600c by 3pm isn't that bad at all.
I was thinking the same thing. If 1600 cals by 3pm were bad, I'd be in some deep trouble since I eat about 2000 calories a day when I am ON plan I know you probably weigh less than me, but still, if you're so worried about being at 1600 in the afternoon, I am lead to believe you may be over-restricting already. It is okay to go over your calorie goal some days because some days will naturally be lower. Like shrinkingchica said, it will all even out.

Now, if you're like me, your binge ALONE will be 1600 calories (all consumed in maybe an hour)--that's in addition to your normal breakfast and lunch and snacks. THAT'S when ya get into serious trouble
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #4  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

I agree.. that's not bad.. 1600 is ok.. (I eat around 1900 a day) just take care the rest of the day.. (I have had problems with bingeing in the past and I could easily consume 3000 calories in a couple of hours..) I don't think this really sounds like a binge.. I think too many women use this term and beat themselves up for "over eating" or feeling like they have not been "in control"..

One thing that will really help you is to stop being so hard on yourself. there are days that just get out of control.. have no regrets and move on..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

I agree with these gals. When I have a real binge it usually is alone well over 1600 calories, and that's on top of normal meals that I've already had. So don't worry, you might have one day where you go over your calories a tiny bit, but it shouldn't hold you back in the long run. Hit the gym tomorrow and have your normal meals, including breakfast!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everyone else - 1600 isn't many calories at all. It is sometimes very apparent that the word "binge" doesn't mean the same to all of us. Every time I see someone say they "binged" because they had a burger and fries for lunch, I just go "huh?" Is it the best lunch in the world? No, of course not. But in my books, it's not a binge unless it's followed by an abnormal amount of (insert whatever foods the binger prefers), despite the fact that they're full, maybe even painfully so.

I know, the mindset while consuming that food is also very relevant...if you are having that out-of-control feeling and eating things you really don't want because you feel compelled to, yes, that is a binge, regardless of the amount. Jman actually found definitions of two types of binges, which were pretty interesting. I guess all I'm saying is that 1600 calories over the course of 2/3 of a day is not, to me a binge. Balance it out with better choices from this point on, and I'd call it plain old normal eating.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Janie, great point. It's funny, because the other day after a meal I remember eating something small, I can't remember what, but doing it in a manner that felt like a binge to me; really fast and out of control, and when I was already full. I guess it depends, like you said, what you consider a binge, but there is definitely a difference between bingeing and overeating.
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Snowbunny - I would call that an "almost-binge" that you managed to head off and stop... good on ya!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #9  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

A 3 mile power walk (or at least 30 minutes of good effort), 28 ounces of water, and a diet drink (ie Slimfast or something similiar for evening meal) will leave you feeling more in control .

1600 cal isn't a binge to me....3000 calories...THAT is a binge!!!!

Still have the urge for uncontrolled eating???? trying relaxation techniques, deep breathing, while asking yoursel what is bothering me...keep asking until you get to the real answer. Then you will know where to go from here!!! :>
moxiesd is offline   Reply With Quote