South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I - 3rd Week of April - 15 to 22

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

It's also for really old folks like me who are trying to get real and get back on the beach buggy! I'm starting tomorrow.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Ruth!

I feel like I'm permanently stuck in P1. What's up with that? I've found that I do best when I get all of my food for the workday prepared ahead of time, so I'm trying to get that done today. I cooked lunches this afternoon, and will start breakfast as soon as the oven is available.

What is everyone's favorite or old faithful afternoon snack? I usually have 1/2 a cup of shelled edamame and a piece of string cheese. Would love to come up with a little variety.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #3  

I restarted Phase 1 yesterday.... so far, so good.

Jet I am a big fan of string cheese. The other thing I love are the Laughing Cow cheese triangles with celery or cukes.

I also do well when I cook ahead. I am going to make the Turkey Sausage Soup here in a bit. I am also hoping to have leftovers from dinner to have for Mon and Tues lunches.

If you want one for chicken, I love the Easy Salsa Baked Chicken that is stickied. It is good and my kids like it. I just use a little less seasoning and salsa on the pieces I make for them.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Kiko, I love the salsa chicken. The girls don't like chicken all that much...except in nugget form. Sometimes I think I'm inadvertently raising vegetarians. I made Chicken Capri (went extra heavy on the garlic) and Paprika Shrimp & Green Bean Saute. One of these days I'm going to try the turkey sausage soup. I never remember until I've already been to the grocery store!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #5  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

You guys pinned it. Thursday (P1D1) I cooked chicken on my indoor grill for dinner and made 3 extra pieces. I used in in my breakfast (my own made up southwest omelet) a salad, in egg salad and my hubby finished the last of it off in a Caesar salad yesterday. It sure made it easy to choose the right food. It wasn't even boring because of course I had other meals and snacks in between. I plan on doing the same thing tomorrow (my day off) making a turkey tenderloin for dinner (will have left overs) and grilling up a few chicken breasts to get me through lunches or otherwise too-lazy-to-cook-something, get-the-kids-pizza days. I also hard boiled a dozen eggs for late breafast, easy lunch and snacks on the go I only have 3 left. The only place I slipped up even a little was yesterday my girlfriend makes this mexican tuna dish, which is of course served on corn tostados- I ate mine in a bowl (yay) but it is made w/ Tuna, a small (2 tbs to 3 cans of tuna) amount of RF sour cream,green chiles, so far so good...BUT it has veg-all in it (potatos,carrots and peas) The veg all had (per nutrition label) 1g carbs and >1g sugar. and only 1 can went into the mix w/ 3 cans of tuna so I didn't really worry about it- but feel kinda guilty. Today I made my own mixture and used black beans instead- the vegall was better.
So other than that P1D4 and I'm still going strong. I am not even missing the things I expected too. I did buy som SF/LF moccachino pudding cups but have yet to give in to eating it. I bought that b/c all of the desert ideas for SBD are not up my alley. I could do SF jello if it was a last resort. But the ricotta cream stuff-NO WAY I despise any type of desert that includes cheese of any kind whether it's diet or not. and I tried those black bean brownies, totally GROSS. I can toloerate a lot of diet substitutes but those were awful- I also have a texture issue (jello) that keeps me from eating a lot of stuff, it's kinda like that nails on a chalkboard feeling.
I even was tested today when after workin in the yard all day we decided wendys was the best idea for dinner-it was getting kind of cold and chili sounded good anyway. Had a lg.(no cheese or sour cream) w/ a side salad w/ RF ranch. I'm feeling really good- very resolved. I don't feel denied or hungry or even just itchy for a treat. Which is a BIG deal for me. I can only hope that I see some results in 11 days to keep me motivated.
...t.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Well, here I am! Yell at me if I go off track, OK?

I am going to sit down and plan my week's food and do cooking ahead. Breakfast this morning was egg salad on pepper strips and V8. Thanks for the reminder about Laughing Cow on celery. I have both on hand.

If I can get to the store (we have major snow), I'll get the stuff for the taco bake. Otherwise, it'll be Salsa Chicken breast for supper and chicken veggie soup for lunch.

Here we go!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

ruth i'll yell at you if you yell at me ok? the hubby is trying to kill me and second weekend in a row he's thrown me off. i know i know only myself to blame but sheesh he showed up with pizza *hides*. anyways i made up my breakfast cups last night had 2 of those this morning (i do the mini's) and my v8. for lunch having left over taco bake and i made up that bok choy and mushroom soup for dinner...gonna cook up some great northern beans and throw in for some real substance as well.
i have yet to decide on lunch/dinner for tues so we'll see.
here's to an op day!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

I'm starting back on day 1 again after nearly finishing p1. I caught a bad cold and after fighting with it for a week it finally won the battle this weekend and I was forced to rest in bed. My DH cooked for me which meant a lot of soups with noodles and other things from a can. So disappointingly I'm back on p1. Luckily, the urge to eat white bread and other white flour carbs hasn't kicked up yet so hopefully I can make it through p1 in one piece.
Lotus - I know exactly how you feel. My DH brought home sundaes and McDonalds for him and the kids. Sometimes I think he's an enabler.
For breakfast, couple of boiled eggs and some green beans.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/238/190

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum. I've started phase 1 of SB yesterday april 15. So far, so good.

I decided to try SB after many attempts to lose weight with a "regular" diet consisting of mostly a low-fat or low-calorie diet. It just didn't work for me. I'm a carb and sugar addict and i needed to find something that would get me off the sugar and bad carbs and promise a good weight loss. I decided to search the web for a low-carb diet and found the SB.

Well, that's it. Nice to see you all.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Today I'm Restarting Ph1 for the second week in a row. . . But this time I'm prepared! I made Tonight's dinner last night hard boiled some eggs and have my cottage cheese string cheese and almonds all set I even have water
Here's to a successful ph1!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

ShyChick. It's nice to see another Canadian. There's lots of information and support here.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #12  

Not the best weekend for me eating-wise. We went to St. Louis and I packed my healthy snacks for the car and that worked out really well. As for the rest of the weekend, I made some great choices and some not-so-great choices but I'm back home and back on track. I'll see where this week takes me before deciding about moving on to Phase 2.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #13  

Default Starting P1 TODAY!!!

Am getting serious about this and ready to be back. Currently enjoying my salad with cukes, cheese, and avacado for lunch. Mock oatmeal for breakfast, and have packed pepper strips and cheese for an afternoon snack. I know--heavy on the cheese, but I find it helps the transition.
A little history--was on here WAy back--about two years ago--and lost 25 lbs easy. Started a new job, got off track, got pregnant, and now have a georgeous 8 month old to go with my handsome 4 year old. The baby had a dairy allergy and I couldn't have much dairy products, as I was nursing. She seems to be over that, so here I am. Am very determined, because I'm way out of control and heavier than ever. (If my counter on the bottom even shows up, pay no mind because it's way off.) So, I'll be checking in periodically--this is the first place I go when it comes to finding support. Have a wonderful day, ladies.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #14  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Hey girls. I am back to P1 as of right NOW! I got a bit off track this morning (saw the scale go up and therefore my eating went down the drain). I am back to P1 though and all set. I brought string cheese to DC and am mentally prepared (I hope!).

KO - I LOVE your quote! It's what I've been battling lately and it really struck home.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #15  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

To all those new to the beach WELCOME, to those of you RE-newing your vows Welcome back!
RUTH- I look for any excuse to yell, so I promise to stay on your case
Caryn- Come'on girl, Lock It Up!!
Jill-You ARE going to be a success and I'll be right there with ya- THE WHOLE WAY!!!!
Breakfast is starting to get hard for me. I don't like eggs really. This morning I slept in (my little chick was up until 2am) so I had coffee while a turkey burger was cooking then had a salad and the burger. But eggs are getting really old- no matter what you do to them I still really don't like them. I am finding that while I thought I liked a wide variety of food that most of them are NOT on this diet. Or rather there is a lot on this diet that I do NOT like. My hubby (far from the healthy type) is always saying -see, we need to eat fish more, the problem is neither of us really like it. I like fish 1 of 2 ways in sushi or deep fried, and at that only a few types of fish. I'm allergic to shell fish (eggs too, but if i limit myself to 2 I'm ok) The one saving grace is that I can eat a vegetarian meal (i was a vegetarian from age 12 to 21 and had high cholesterol b/c of all the Mc D's french fries I ate) and be perfectly happy without meat. I can eat any kind of bean and most veggies. It's just hard to change your idea of breakfast, I mean caryn had a salad for bfast- but there is something weird about it. I don't even normally eat it and if I do its just a cereal bar unless it's the weekend when I'd have cereal (kashi go lean is my fave!) ahh, I have to stop talking about carbs I didn't think i was craving them until just now!
That's enough whining. P1D5 and so far so good. I don't have a scale so I don't know if I'm losing yet. I am going to start working out this week.

as the wise master Yoda once said..."do or do not, there is no try."
Closed Thread