Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #1  
Saavy?

S/C/G: 167/158/125

Height: 5'0"

Smile I'm new here...just wanted to say hello.

Hi! I'm Heidi. I've just restarted WW after 6 years. I lost 25lbs and then got pregnant twice and never went back. Now my baby is 3 and I weigh 1lb less than when I delivered him. Very depressing. So I decided to change that.

I'm doing it at home, because I live too far for meetings to be practical.
I did it online last time as well, and did great.

I am a SAHM to my dd, 5 and my ds 3. And frankly, while I love my job, I do not like the "SAHM trap" that I seem to have fallen into...you know the one, ponytail, jeans and t-shirt uniform, make-up?What make-up?.

So over the past few months I've been changing that. Now I wear make-up daily, have started updating my wardrobe with pretty shirts and blouses, some heels, slacks, jewelry (gasp!), and finally have come to the place where I feel like I can tackle this weight.

I have over forty pounds to lose, and I'm really excited to get to know you all here, I know that online support can be extremely valuable.

In fact! You've already helped me. I have had a hard time with cravings today, and have been really hungry. So to help me stay OP I decided to come out of lurkdom, and make a profile, siggie, and an intro post!

Can't wait to meet you all!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Raindancer.

Nice to meet you. We do our best here to make everyone feel comfortable and to help as much as possible with weight loss. Feel free to post whenever and asmuch as you like.

Nice meeting you.

Kim
Old 04-13-2007, 03:39 AM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Raindancer!

I look forward to seeing you around the boards. I'm glad you decided to come out of lurkdom!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Heidi! And congratulations on taking that first step towards a healthier you. You're right, the online support is very important, just as important in my opinion to the meetings and the plan itself. I understand that the meetings aren't practical for you with the distance you would need to travel, but come here and get an online meeting whenever you need it!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Raindancer!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #6  
Saavy?

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

I had my first weigh in and I'm down 3lbs! I love the first week! I know that it tends to slow after this, but it is sure motivating to be down that much already.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Congrats on the three pounds that are gone forever! Motivating, isn't it? Now, you get to change your weight tracker, too!

I started Monday and took a sneak peek at the scale this morning... it looks good but I'll know for sure when I hop on next Monday.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #8  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

I remember the days of the ponytail, jeans and the little kids! Was some of the best times of my life! My kids are grown (I was a child-bride...hee hee..j/k of course!) I think the best start is what you are doing! You are taking care of yourself! and what goes into the inside is part of that! I remember doing WW when the kids were little and adapting so many of the "regular" recipes to WW friendly that my family never even noticed! (OK...pizza was a bit of a challenge and MacDonalds was HUGE when they were little...so that part was a bit rough -- least now they have more choices!) Welcome from one newbie to another! Glad to have you on board!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #9  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

welcome .. you have taken the first most important step to being a better you )) the ladies are all so wonderful here for support. theres some challenges going on that makes the weightloss fun to. I am also a sahm to a 3 year old and a 7 month old i lost 124 pounds then got pregnant with my 2nd with still 29 more pounds to hit my goal weight and now i have 93 pounds to lose . weight watchers is the best lifestyle change i ahve ever made welcome to the boards and out of lurkdom
Old 04-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #10  
Saavy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryElan View Post
I remember the days of the ponytail, jeans and the little kids! Was some of the best times of my life! My kids are grown (I was a child-bride...hee hee..j/k of course!) I think the best start is what you are doing! You are taking care of yourself! and what goes into the inside is part of that! I remember doing WW when the kids were little and adapting so many of the "regular" recipes to WW friendly that my family never even noticed! (OK...pizza was a bit of a challenge and MacDonalds was HUGE when they were little...so that part was a bit rough -- least now they have more choices!) Welcome from one newbie to another! Glad to have you on board!

I think it is so important to take care of me so I can take care of them! I love treating my kids to healthy meals and snacks. Though I have to admit, I'm actually pretty careful of what my kids eat, it is what *I* eat that is the problem. I give them one cookie, I eat 6. Things like that. I have had to just stop.
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #11  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

howdy and welcome

i am new here too and this place has been amazing in terms of support!

which i always need in the later hours of the night!
Closed Thread