Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 12:24 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Talking Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #144

Morning all!
Slavika: So did you watch Hannibal or not? Im curious about this suprise to.

Ann: I probably missed you. But I hope you have a fun vacation! Im sure you will. Enjoy!

Peggy: Yes I have to work an hour later now. I have always been a morning person to. How was your craft fair?

Maria: Your plan for the wedding sound good. Im sure you will manage. We had ours in our apartment. Which was really small. It was just family but there were still 20 people packed in there. Did have fun tho!

Going out shopping today and to lunch. It is rainy here. Winter is now on its way ALAS..........
Have a great day all!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:26 PM   #2  
Net browser

Default ....Oye Vey

Hi Everybody Oye Vey, I should not have made such a big deal out of my "lttle craft" because now you gals will think it's something wonderful. It's not that "one" is taking so long to complete, I decided to make several, all different, and that is why I'm still working on it. I'm really enjoying doing it and I will look forward to giving them to my friends.......but ALAS they are not that wonderful. With a crafter like Peggy on our board I'm just a amateur, but I do have a tiny tiny bit of talent and am kind pleased with the results.
At least when I'm crafting I'm not eating so that is good. DH is off work tomorrow (today being a holiday he gets the Monday off, I don't know why) anyway he is taking me and a friend of mine (who lost her husband a couple of years ago) out for lunch tomorrow. I tried to bank a few extra points for that. The time is 5:25PM and already is it quite dark out.
Lily no I didn't watch Hannibal yet, I'll save it for when I want to be scared out of my wits.
Maria your plans for the "day after" sound good. You sure don't want to be stuck in the kitchen all day.
Have a nice evening everybody. Night.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:38 PM   #3  
Super Surfer

Default another sad day for New York

I was just watching the news. I can't believe there was another plane crash. I feel so bad for all the victims and their families.
Old 11-12-2001, 06:28 PM   #4  

Hi, Slavika I am sure you could teach many, many things. Just stopped by to see what is new. We are leaving in the morning for a 2 day bus trip to the gambling boats in Indiana with retired fireman. I am taking my nickles since I am not a big gambler. The price is too cheap to pass up. I think the final cost is like $7 a person and that includes the hotel. It seems like a sort of frivolous thing to do with another plane crash but I am ready for some fun. See you all Thursday - maybe with some winnings. Peggy
Old 11-12-2001, 09:50 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: Have fun on your trip.

Yes another sad day in deed. Cant believe it.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:48 PM   #6  

G'day all,

More sad news to wake up to. I cannot believe the latest tragedy and then also the news of 3 journalists getting killed in Afghanistan. When will it ever end?

It is a sunny day here today after some horrendous storms with lots of rain. Hopefully we have had enough rain for a while.

See ya all tomorrow and keep well
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-13-2001, 03:13 PM   #7  
Fun Blonde

Hey, guys, I feel so much better. I lay in bed this morning dreading getting up and moving, but thought, "Hey, I have been on WW for 3 whole days!" Helps. But Saturday was what I expected. Now I only have 20 pounds to lose-----again. But I will. Finally have some kind of handle on it. Smoking was a really bad move.

I talked to a lady today who went with me to the hospital to hear the little speech about not-smoking back in June. She went with her sister. I asked about her sister and she told me that the lady had had serious problems and committed suicide 4 weeks ago. Wow, you just never know! Don't you just hate it when you open you mouth and say something that hurts somebody so much!

I walked once around the lake (3 miles) since getting the wire out of my toe and my toe has hurt ever since. I don't think that was why. It is just swollen like a little sausage and feels real good when it is up and I am not doing anything. I hope this darned swelling goes away soon.

Slavika - can't wait to hear what you made you-know-who. Anne is gone on her trip, and Peggy, $7 a person is a great price for a little vacation. Maria, you will love doing the open house once you really get back to normal. These are things you will remember forever. Lily, how long has it been since you got married? The reason I asked is because I can't remember back that long ago--don't think dirt was invented yet.

Wish me luck with WW. It sure can bring you up cold when you are used to eating everything and you realize you are through about 6 p.m. Last night I got up at 2 a.m. and had a can of green beans.
Glenda
Old 11-13-2001, 05:50 PM   #8  

G'day all

A rather overcast day here this morning.

Glenda good to hear you are now ready to get back to WW and feel positive about it. I am sure you will do well. that is quite a walk you did, no wonder your poor toe is swollen
I went back to the physio yesterday and asked the very question about my feet swelling after a walk. He said that I can expect that to happen for at least 6 months or so
I have now got my excercise bike that I have hired for the rest of the time that we are here. Hopefully that will help me to shift some of that unwanted fat around my waist

I am looking forward to the 'open house' after the wedding and I am making all the plans.
We will be leaving again for Sydney a few days after the wedding (I am trying to stretch it for 1 week ). DH booked our apartment yesterday for our stay in Sydney which will be from February till October, who knows after that.
DD and, by then, her husband will come and stay with us on a holiday. Her birthday is in March and I told her we will fly them over for her birthday.

I have been feelling a bit homesick and a bit sick of the life we lead but I am now quite pleased to go back to Sydney again, it is a very vibrant and interesting city, we could have had to go to worse places.

I am leaping ahead with playing canasta on-line It is really good fun but soooooo addictive (especially when you are winning )

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-13-2001, 07:46 PM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I went to WW today and am happy to say I was down another 1.4#. Another 4# to go and I won't have to give WW any more of my "Hawaii Money".
I was talking to a gal in the line "to pay" at WW and she had quit coming to WW for about a year and said, she had gained 10# back. She still looked really good, but she said she could feel the waist band on her clothes fitting a little tighter, so she came back. I told her that I have a harder time maintaining my goal weight then I did to lose the weight. I always thought I would like to be at least 5# under my goal weight so that I'm not "sitting on the fence" all the time. It just never seems to happen. I get back to goal, and it's like a little switch goes off in my head, and my mind/body says, ok, that's it, not another oz.
I have to try harder.
Tea time was fun, we sure can find lots of things to talk about.
Glenda good for you.....3 days on WW. I bet you feel really good that you are in control again. When I went back after this summer, I was happy I did too. We have been at this too long not to know what will happen to our "sorry bodies" if we ignore them. Maria getting the excercise bike was a great idea. That will for sure tone your waist for you.
Have a nice evening everybody. Night
Old 11-13-2001, 08:08 PM   #10  
Super Surfer

Default ...green beans...

Well Glenda you sure made me laugh.. .. eating green beans at 2:00am. I am not that smart, when I get up in the middle of the night I usually do a lot of damage. In the morning I will find suspicious spoons in the sink, crumbs, wrappers and strange rings on the counter. Who the heck knows what I am doing when I am half asleep?
I probably told all of you a million times, that I broke a toe way back in Nov/97, and do you know it still swells up from time to time. Those little toes are hard to mend. You will lose the 20 lbs. Sometimes we think we just can't go through the whole process again, but once we get back on track we do it.
Slavika Congratulations on your loss today.. you are on a roll now (...not the kind you eat either ) I have to tell you gals that she made me a little mouse with a magnetic backing. Well, everything in this room is either plastic or wood, but I did find that the base of the monitor is metal, so "mousie" is sitting there looking at me... too cute. She did inform me that this is NOT the surprise. I am in suspense.
Maria now that you are using the bike, and watching what you eat you will probably start losing again. I just don't think that exercise or diet alone can do it, it has to be the combination.
Do you play Canasta with other people on line? I think I tried to get to that site, but couldn't. I love Canasta, could you give me the address again? Do you have to download anything (this might be the reason I couldn't get there... ) I hate downloading things, usually get into trouble when I do it.
I hope Anne and Peggy have a great time on their trips.

The news reports say that the airplane crash probably was due to mechanical failure. I have to honestly say that this does not comfort me in the least. The fact that a plane can fall apart 144 seconds after take-off is kind of scary. My DH is ready and willing to go on a winter vacation, but I am scared stiff. We could drive to the west coast, but then the best we could do weather-wize would be rain instead of snow. Somehow that isn't tempting either.

The WW Meeting was a good one today. Hope everyone had a nice day... bye bye for now
Old 11-13-2001, 10:52 PM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Yes I hate it when I do things like that to. But it happens! Its embarrassing tho when it does. We have been married 25 years.

Maria: I dont blame you for feeling homesick. You travel so much! I would of gone back home long ago, and told DH to visit! Im just not a travler like that. I could not do it.

Slavika: Good for you losing again! Got save that money for presents for me in Hawaii! I agree its alot harder to stay at goal then it is to lose it.

Trudy: I know what you mean about flying. Its getting really scary anymore.
ANd all the goings on dont make it any easier either. Your little mouse sounds cute!

Well best get things ready for tomorrow. Seems like I just dont have time for anything any more. ALAS..............

Night all!
Old 11-13-2001, 10:53 PM   #12  
Net browser

Default ...LOL

LOL Glenda of "ALL" the things I have eaten in the middle of the night I would NEVER of thought of eating green beans. I mean I have eaten cold perogies, jello, cake, boiled eggs, cereal, mandarin oranges by the bushel, every kind of candy known to womankind.....but never green beans. You truly are an inspiration. LOL LOL
I as a WW member I am proud to be your friend.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:01 PM   #13  
Net browser

Default ...I need help

HELP HELP HELP
Did any of you ever have a a song in your head, that you just can't think of the name of. WELL.......I have one. I heard a little bit of it on the radio the other day and it's in my head, but I can't think of many of the words or the name of the song or for that matter who sang it............Ok here goes.

"Mr Monday, can you spare a dime"
"Left all my tears behind"
"Mr. Monday, me oh my."

OR IT'S MR. MUNDY, not Monday.

GEEZ ANY help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks very much.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:33 PM   #14  

G'day all,

Just come home from the podiatrist. He was a lovely young man who knew quite a few of my son's friends in Adelaide and had heard of my son as a cricketer but had not met him! What a small world.
He thought by looking at my feet that I had surgery 6 months ago, when I told him that tomorrow it is 9 weeks, he was amazed how well I have done. So I MUST stop being so impatient.

Trudy here is the address http://games.yahoo.com/, do come and join, it is really good fun. All you need to do is log in and that is it, nothing to download . Lookout for me, my name is (of course) 'flaggies'.

Glenda green beans Good luck, you'll do well.

Slavika cannot help you with the song in your head, I have never heard of it

It is a glorious day here today so I will go for a stroll this afternoon. I bought some magnificent strawberries, they were just so sweet. I had them for lunch with a cut-up pear as well, yum.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-14-2001, 10:45 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Cant help Slavika! Sounds familiar but I cant place it.
Closed Thread