South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #1  

Default Friday Fling on the Beach

Up N Ad'em Chicadees! is perkin---smells Divine!!!! It promises to be a loverly Spring day... We had a chilly rainy day yesterday... Wreaked havoc on my ears... Bah!
Nothing on the horizon today...... study study study!

Happy Birthday to Beachgal!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF!
Pass the coffee, Schatzi, I've been awake since 3 am, and couldn't fall back to sleep.

I just found out that 2 of the girl's cousins are due to arrive sometime today from Va. to spend the weekend, and they're bringing their brand new puppy. It will be interesting to see how Cindy's 3 dogs greet the newcomer, they're very territorial. So I guess my work will be cut out for me today!

I'm sorry to hear that your ears bothered you yesterday, Schatzi, with the rain and all. Are they better today? I sure hope so, if not, maybe you'd better let the dr. know. Take care, sweetie!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lots on my horizon which is a chilly 31ºF this morning. I did wash sheets and have them on the line. They should be frozen solid by now! It's supposed to "warm up" to 40 later today.

Big day ahead with a haircut in town, a meeting there re Therapeutic Paws and a "consult" with my kitchen mavens. I think "consult" means they want a deposit. This won't be happening until mid-May but I sure would love it done before then as I really don't feel like spring-cleaning my cupboards!

Lucy and I will be assisting at a Canine Good Citizen course in Kingston starting this Sunday afternoon. Between then and now, I need to give her a bit of a haircut so she can at least see me when I use her to demonstrate. She is a brat but is smart and well-behaved when she is on the leash and knows the eyes of the world are upon her. I'm hoping working the course will make her a bit more obedient when off the lead. (I guess this should really be in the pet thread.)

Whoops! Just checked the calendar and I'm in dinner theatre on Saturday night. Anybody got a 1950's costume handy? A poodle skirt and some saddle shoes would be nice.

Study, study, Schatzi! This too shall pass.

What's your "fling" today?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Cottage. All the mods were on at teh same time! What a team. Beachgal is off on her wild weekend or she'd probably be here too although she would still be up, not just up.

I hope your day goes well with the new pup. I find my dogs are much less territorial when there is a young dog here - not a threat, unless the pup heads for their food dish!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Mornin', good mornin'!

Ah, it's so nice to be back!

Schatzi: Sorry about your ears, hon. Hope they're enjoying your loverly spring day.

Cottage: Sounds like you need some sleep, lady! This weekend seems like it will definitely be a challenge for you and Cindy. What with the dogs AND all the kids! I bet you'll have a blast, though!

Ruth: Wow, sounds chilly! Have a good day in town -- I bet you're really ready for them to start on the kitchen!

ME: Well, me and the boss and one of our employees made it back safe and sound yesterday afternoon. It was a hard trip and I'm really not looking forward to doing it again in September. There were some scary moments down those old, crappy roads, but we made it alright. It's beautiful country, but it makes our job really difficult. Eating OP is a joke down there. I packed some fruit and veggies and ate well when I could, but we were skipping lunch because we were hours from the restaurant. I don't think I gained any weight but that's just from all the hiking. We'd park the truck somewhere and know there should be buildings ahead and hike until we got there. We'd stop at three miles and turn back if we didn't see anything. Whew! What a week!

I'm looking forward to next week when I start P1. We're going to go to a town about an hour east of us and spend the night with one of DH's friends this weekend. It's nice to go out there because the guys hang out in the yard and I get to sit and relax with no worries all day (they do most of the cooking and cleaning!) I'm going to use that time to plan menus and grocery lists for the next two weeks.

Oh, one last note -- my boss and I have decided we need to set better examples at work, so I won't be getting on the internet as much throughout the day. I'll do my best to get up early and check in, but I definitely can't guarantee it. In other words, my posts may be hit and miss from now on!

Have a beachy day!

~Kim
Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #6  

I'm WFH today so that I can make sure I can be up at the school at 5. Tonight is the school carnival and the Cub Scouts are setting up a table with information. I'm bringing a tent to setup and display. We have someone else bringing Dutch oven cobbler we will be handing out.

The pack garage sale is tomorrow and I have volunteered to be there at 6. Actually I volunteered for 6:30 and somehow it got changed to 6. Don't they know it is still dark then? I need to do a last minute canvassing for stuff to sell. We've gone through all of Brian's clothes and have set aside clothes and shoes that are too small.

The camp director's meeting last night went really well. I have a better feel for the state regulations now. I still have a lot to do but at least I know what it all is. I've got to start getting quotes for portapotties. The 20 we had last year meets the regulations for the 600 boys but totally ignores the close to 300 adults. I'm pretty sure I can swing more in the budget.

I'm working tonight but hopefully only until midnight or 1. So far no outages at work since yesterday afternoon.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Hey all

It has been a million years since I've been here, but I'm back. Finally finished school, graduation is on the 7th of April, but I'm done! Anyway, I'm ready to get back to the beach........everyone move over cause I'm coming! I'm going to start phase 1 on Sunday. My hubby and I are going out of town this week and staying in a hotel, kind of a celebration for getting my Bachelors Degree. Anyway, we'll be back late Saturday night and I'm ready to begin on Sunday. I'm afraid to even step near the scales, I definitely am a stress eater.

I look forward to getting my life back and being able to take care of me.

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread