Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/???/130

Height: 5'5

Default Pregnancy question

Ok, so...I have an almost 2 yr old DD, and very recently i have been trying hard to lose weight. Now: My DH and I have been using Natural Family planning, for birth control. however we had a mishap 3 days ago. The dr took a blood test yesterday to see if im pregnant (im on some meds that can affect a baby so better to be safe then sorry). Question is, 2 days from conception is too early to get a pos result on blood test right??

Second if I am, Can I still lose weight the healthy way. Eating right and exercise??

i had a hard pregnancy the first time b/c of my weight ( i believe) and high blood pressure. I do not want to be on bed rest for 7 months again!!! or gain 60 lbs!

Thanks all for reading!!
mimik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

Yes, two days is definitely too early. HCG--which blood tests also detect--does not begin to be excreted until implantation, which is from 6 to 12 days after conception.

As for losing weight during pregnancy, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else. Concentrate on eating right and keeping up with exercise and you can, and leave the rest to your body. You may lose, you may maintain, you may gain some. But there is a lot to pregnancy without adding the additional stressors of counting calories and worrying about the number on the scale. As long as you stay healthy & active throughout your pregnancy, you should have few problems, and you'll have a head-start on losing any pregnancy weight.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #3  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

GreatBigMonsterMomma is right on both accounts.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote