UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #1  

Question hi,im new,what diet do you follow?

: afternoon folks...im ready to embark on a new diet tomorrow---again i just cant decide which plan to follow...i have the choice of slimming world,weightwatchers,or scottish slimmers...these are the classes in my area,i have tried all 3 in the past and have had success at them all,but also failed at them all,i just wondered which plan was the most popular here,any advice gratefully accepted,id like to lose around 18lbs
Anne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Anne and

I don't belong to a club but if I did it'd be WW or SW, probably WW. I looked at Scottish Slimmers once but they use this check system and when you calculate the number of calories they have it's awfully low.

If you decide on WW or SW you'll get loads of extra support here as they're both popular - good luck!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 11st13lbs/11st13lbs/10st

Height: 5 feet 8.5 inches

Hi Anne, I tried WW but it didnt suit me, I am just doing a low fat diet at home, I have a few low fat cookbooks and am just reading labels and using my common sense really, my first weigh in is tomoz so we will see then if it is working! Welcome to the site (i am new too!)
tracyj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't do a formal "diet", I just eat better (more vegetables, wholefoods etc) and exercise more. I've lost 110lb, and maintained my loss for a year, so it works for me
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154 /154 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Hello!! I joined weighter watcher's for the 2nd time. I orginally was on it a few years ago with my mom and sister. My mom was our inspiration on ww, after she passed away- we (my sister and I quit). We recently joined again because we could still eat the foods we liked just by modifying. To us ww isn't a diet, its just the way we SHOULD eat. Fruits / Veges, excerising etc. I think that WW has a great support group too. I need that for the days I want to give up.
Whatever you chose- the best of luck to you!!
Baberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #6  

Hi Anne, I'm with Body Optimise, which is basically Slimming World online. I'm sure you'll do great on either one of them if you've got the willpower to suceed, I don't know Scotish Slimmers, but I know the other two both have their advantages. If you want to eat loads then go with Slimming World, and if you want to eat a wide variety, go with Weight Watchers Which one did you prefer before?

there are quite a few of us on here doing Slimming World, so you'll get plenty of support, but then you'll get plenty of support whichever you try!
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #7  

thanks everyone,and well done on your losses,you all seem to be doing fantastic....bits slimming world was the 1st diet i ever went on and it work well,i lost 1.5stones in 6weeks,however...i put it on ..took it off..put it on..took it off,blah blah...so i rejoined SW but didnt like the new plan(i was used to free macaroni cheese,meatballs,corned beef etc)however i now realise these are not the healthiest of foods.....also i got used to eating such large portions that i think i need to re-educate myself with portion control...so im gonna choose a calorie counting plan,either WW or SS ..or i may use the slim at home mag and go it alone,would 1500cals a day be appropriate?..im 44 5f61/2 11st2 (i think)and fairly active.good luck to you all on your weight loss journey
Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

hi Anne... welcome...my diet........ seems to be non existent at the moment...I need to get on track...usually I do WW... cos I know it works and I can count to 24
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #9  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
hi Anne... welcome...my diet........ seems to be non existent at the moment...I need to get on track...usually I do WW... cos I know it works and I can count to 24
Amen.

Just what I would have said. Welcome to 3FC Anne.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:19 AM   #10  

morning ladies,well todays the day...still havnt decided which plan to follow..lol...so its some simple calorie counting to start i think...off to curves gym for my 30min circuit,im on holiday from work,so as a booster week im gonna try and go to curves mon-fri.....good luck everyone and thanks for the welcome.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 AM   #11  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Another curves lady... that's a great start......have fun and here's best wishes on the start of your journey
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #12  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome to 3FC!

I don't really diet either - just eat healthier and listen to my body. It's probably a variation on Paul Makenna's I can Make You Thin.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #13  

Hi Anne and welcome

Like lots of the girls here I am just eating a very healthy low-fat diet and listening to my body , not eating when I am not hungry and it's working so far for me. I persoanlly couldn't be doing with all the calorie counting!
Phudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #14  

well i got weighed last night,11st 1,target 10st,so its goodbye to 15lbs of fat from here on in,going to curves at 3.30 today,have a nice day everyone