South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach

Wakey Wakey Eggggs and Bakey!
Just cranking us up fer the day... The cawfee pot is a brewin, and the smell is Divine! Be back with a cup for a
Old 03-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend Chat

Good morning, Schatzi and Cottage! I see you two are online and will probably beat me with the start-up post! Keeners! I've been up since before five but have been reading and petting fur kids.

Robins and geese! I was just out on the deck with the Girls and can hear both. I love the sounds of spring!

For once it looks like I won't have the annual flood in the dog yard. When we have a lot of snow and a fast melt, there is an actual stream running through that part of my property. The kids up the hill used to sail boats from behind the barn, through the yard and into the ditch that runs to the storm sewer! There'll still be mud though!

I survived BINGO yesterday. It was very busy and we had a couple of big winners. I like it when some dear old soul wins big, especially if he/she looks like it could be needed. Two friends asked me out to dinner - at the Long Horn, where else! (No choice in this village.) Terri and Ernie had fish and chips but I had the taco salad and just nibbled at the shell. I've invited them for dinner next Wednesday night. Their house is on the lake and I need to build up points for BBQ season.

This morning I am off to town again to check out a sale. I need tab curtains for the back room and really don't want to make them. I may buy readymade and shorten them. I'm also going to look at a replacement chair for that room. I guess I'm in Spring mode with all the house tiddling up!

The lads "biled" yesterday and produced a whole ten litres of syrup. There should be more today. Unfortunately the long range forecast doesn't look good for production this year - we need cold at night and warm days and the temp is going to stay above freezing most nights.

Time for breakfast and cranking up Saturday.

What's on your weekend plan?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ugh! It's too early to be up today, but Caitlyn and Carley are coming out for the day, and I want to get to Wegman's before they get here. Jake just left, he had an appt. to get his car serviced. He didn't make coffee, so I'll treat myself to a skinny latte at Wegman's, yum!

The girls did get one final day of skiing in yesterday, although it rained the entire day. Actually, there were quite a lot of people on the slopes, and the ski conditions were good. I am still awed how well the girls ski, Audrey is already on the intermediate trails! Cindy said we'll have to plan trips to Vermont and out west next year.

I'd better go jump in the shower if I want to get some shopping done before the grandkids get here. I'll pop in again later.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #4  

Ok, I've got half a tank full ... of cawfee that is hee heeee!
All the windows are opened a cooool breeze is coming through the house. Birds are a chirpin and the deranged woodpecker is making a racket. Darby and Casey are on Squirrel Patrol...and DH is babbling to himself about politics .... so a normal Saturday morn here.
I hear ya about kicking into Spring Mode Ruth!... DH and I are going to do some yard work this morning...We are planning on a dinner out tonight. Not sure where but I plan on Chicken...

Cottage: Cindy's family sounds so nice. Glad they got in one more set of runs before the season is over.

Right now I'm going to get some Studying in while my brain is fresh!

Here's to a GLORIOUS SATURDAY Gals!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #5  

Apparently the early bird doesn't get the worm at Wegman's. I had made myself wait all week to get their new whole grain fruit & nut bread as a special treat for today, and they didn't have any. I was told that because of popular demand, they couldn't bake it fast enough. Well, duh, but if it's so popular, why don't they increase their supply!? I bought a loaf of their Marathon Bread instead, it was fresh out of the oven. It wasn't a good shopping trip, the shelves were mostly empty in the product section, and they didn't have any shredded LF Swiss cheese, either. Don't they realize that a lot of people like to get out and shop early?

That was my vent for the day, I feel better now, thank you.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  

Morning chicks!

Cottage Doens't sound like a successful trip to the store at all! Did you at least get your skinny latte??

Schatzi It is so good to see you back and posting. I missed you.

Ruth Another productive day for you I see! Prayers for you and Harry, I did skim some posts from this week.

Me- We are just chilling right now, on tap for the weekend in no particular order is yardwork, laundry, grcocery shopping, church, and shopping for Easter dresses for the girlies. This afternoon Abigail and I are shopping with my mom for dresses, that is the only definite plan.

My eating is still way off, I sound like SUCH a broken record, but I have to get it together. I don't know where in the world my motivation has gone, but I need it BACK!!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #7  

Kiko, that sounds like fun, shopping for Easter dresses! Do your girls get to have matching shoes and bonnets, too? You bet I got my Latte, I was going to come away from that with something to make me happy!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #8  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Good morning!! I'm at the 3/4 cawfee-level, so things are looking good for the day. Have a guy coming over sometime to give me a quote for lawn service. After I get that, I'll do some cost-benefit analysis to see if I should hire him and his boys, someone else, or just go buy a mower and stuff. I'm leaning toward paying someone this year simply because the girls are too little to leave inside for that long without killing each other...or running away if they come outside with me (we have no fence).

Time to shower and get to Target. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #9  

Kiko - Your girls are SO adorable! I would really love to meet you this summer when I finally have some time. Right now I don't have time even for sleep.

Yesterday was a comp day since I worked Thursday on my first comp day. We did have two outages that I got pulled into and then we had maintenance last night so I guess I ended up working a little over 7 hours but only 5 of it was during the work day. DH and I did go out for lunch for our wedding anniversary. He ended up bring in shrimp stir fry for dinner since I was stuck working an outage from 6-9:30 and couldn't get away long enough to fix dinner. I don't have to work now until tomorrow morning at 5AM. I was really hoping to sleep in this morning since I didn't get to bed until 1:30AM but Brian woke up at 6. DH got up with him so I could sleep for 2 more hours but it was hard to get back to sleep after he had woken me up.

I'm planning to head to Powerflex class this morning. It took me most of the week for the soreness to go away from last Saturday's squats but hopefully it will be easier.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday! It is warmer, but gray and dreary here. It says it is 56, but I am not sure it felt like that when I walked out on the back porch. We'll see once I am showered and dressed and not sweaty from a workout!

One week of RA interviews down, three days to go. The kids are great, but boy am I drained. Can't find time to do the rest of my job and I think by Thursday I almost forgot what a computer was! Today there is not much of a plan on our house - possibly going to the Whole Foods (for the first time) as I want to check it out. We had a couple of friends over last night for board games, but tonight I think will be couch time, as I feel I need it. Tomorrow I plan to go outlet shopping with a friend - quality time with her and new clothes - can't lose!

I have done less than well staying on plan the last couple of days. I am usually pretty strong about it, but I have been tired and emotional and that has lead to ice cream and fast food at night when my will power is shot! Also, I had a little meltdown on Thursday. I realized that morning that I have not had a 'real' period for two months (not even spotting and no I am not pregnant, I tested because I take my birth control religiously!). While I hate to "blame" the diet or excercise, I am usually REALLY regular. Sort of freaked me out - because we are not currenlty planning on a baby and because the only real change in my lifestyle is the diet and I wonder if I have been too strict and this is my body's way of telling me something. Is that even possible? Granted, I still got up this morning and excercised and had an on plan (though very phase 2 - ww toast with natural peanut butter and strawberries, plus a latte) breakfast. Just have to get my head aroung this and would love to hear about others experiences.

Ok, enough about that. Hope you all have productive Saturday's, as everyone else agenda seems a bit fuller than mine!

Ally

Old 03-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon, everyone! (Well, almost evening!)

Today has been a productive day. The fifth load of laundry is in the washer and most of the house is sparkling clean! I've just got my office and the guest bath to clean and I'll be done! I really can't wait to move into the new house, if we get it, because it only has one bath and a much smaller kitchen so it will be a breeze to clean!

amasam: Sorry about the trouble you're having with Aunt Flow! I bet it could be your lifestyle changes that a disrupting your schedule. I hope things get back to normal soon and if not, maybe your doc can help you out. Have fun at Whole Foods -- it's one of my favorite places to go when I make it to the city (7 hours away!)

Barb: Honey, your job really seems like a drainer! I hope you're getting some time to relax in! How nice of hubby to bring home some stir fry -- sounds yummy. Happy Anniversary!

Jetsetter: Enjoy Target for me! Oh how I miss that place! Getting a yard service sounds faboo. Hope it all works out.

Kiko: Shopping for Easter dresses sounds fun! That was one of my favorite things to do. My sisters and I would head out with my mom and grandma and have a wonderful time. My eating is off as well. It's so hard to take care of ourselves when we're taking care of so many others! I know you'll get back on track!

Cottage: I'm glad you at least got your latte. I hope your fun day with the grandkids makes you forget about your shopping experience!

Ruth: Sounds like Bingo wasn't too bad for you. Isn't it nice when people who really deserve it win? It sounds like a lovely spring-time "opener" for you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Schatzi: Hope dinner tonight is nice. Doing yardwork today sounds like fun!

ME: Just getting stuff together for next week. I've still got to run to the store for some nylons for church tomorrow. After church it will just be packing and the like. The coworker I'm taking wants to go shop for necessities, so we'll be doing that sometime tomorrow too. No plans for tonight besides getting some rest. Next week will be a loooong one, so I'll need it.

BTW, if I don't make it back to chat tomorrow, I'll be out until at least Friday. No internet where we're going!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh! It's snowing! Stupid weather! The Girls and I are going to have a fire in the woodstove and chill out - or rather IN - for the night. I'll try to stay awake until nine, at least.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #13  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

My goodness some of you were up early on a saturday morning. Me I slept in until 10 a.m. Boy was that nice. We had an early dinner today because my son got his trophy for wrestling. They served pizza and cupcakes, no diet pop either. I didn't eat so good last night either. Guess I'll get back on the beach tomarrow.

Later we walked around the mall for a couple of hours. I wore flipfolps and oh boy my feet are sore! I am happy to report that I got my daughter a swim suit from Penny's. They had a wider selection then Kohls did. The first one she tried on fit and looked nice on her. Last time we went to try on suits she ended up in a heap of the dressing room floor sobbing her eyes out. (yep she's 13)

I am determind not to buy a suit for myself until I go down to a 14 or until my size 20 suit falls off. I can wear an 18 now but there is no sense in buying one when my other suit still works for me. Besides that there are hardly any pretty suits in bigger sizes unless you want to pay over $80.00 for one. Why is it that designers think that overly curvy ladies like ugly expensive clothes?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:15 AM   #14  

Good morning, good morning! The sun is just making it's way up, and it looks like it's going to be a clear, but chilly, day.

I'm curled up on the couch with my coffee, and Jake is still in bed. It's peaceful and quiet, a nice change from all the chaos of yesterday. We ended up with a full house, my kids and all the grandchildren, plus my mom and dad. It was fun, but I'm ready for a quieter day today. I plan to just tidy up the house a bit, and do some laundry. There's plenty of leftovers for supper, so I won't have to fuss with that.

So, Ruth, how much snow did you end up with?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I am at work today until 5 p.m. but I am excited because at the end of the week we are leaving for Florida for springbreak with the kids. I brought all of my food to work so it's all SB friendly food to stay on track. I admire everyone who prepares almost all of their food for the week on the weekends just can't seem to get the hang of that. Have a great day
Closed Thread