Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Default It hurt sooo bad

Ok, I get depressed often, it's usually self esteem problems. Well I just got a real cute tattoo on my lower back and I was in a real good mood, I was feeling good about myself I was even getting hit on and stuff this day, so I was having a self esteem boost which is very rare for me. Then the worst thing possible happens.
I was in the grocery store dressed real cute and feeling good. I left and was putting the groceries in the car when a lady that worked there came out and gave my my egges that I accidently left inside, she said " I'm glad I caught you, you forgot your egges, a customer saw you leave them, I asked her what you looked like and she said you were the girl in the green shirt that looks a little pregnant". It took every bit of strength I had that moment not to break down crying right there. I'm 150 lbs, which isn't skinny but until that moment I didn't realize that one of my most defining features was my fat. I was thinking she couldn't have said the girl in the green shirt and blonde hair, or girl in the green shirt and high heel. I felt like wow, I didn't realize that the first thing people notice about me is that I'm fat.
Now I don't even wanna leave the house and I don't know if I'll ever feel good like I did that day ever again. I guess one good thing did come from it, I am so disgusted with myself that I havn't eaten in 2 days. My heart still feels like it's in my stomach.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #2  
nikki aka boopadoo

S/C/G: 15.3 start w/13.10 march07

Height: 5.3

Talking

hunni you certainly aint fat take it from one who is!!
How dare they even repeat that to you, some people just dont know when to stop and think. Dont let people like them draw you down. you are gorgeous from your photo and have nothing to worry about. There isnt anything worse than someone drawing you down to the gutter but you have to say to yourself "am I ever going to see these pepole again? and what do they actually mean to me? " you are better than that. We are all big in our own way wether we really are or not ( sometimes just feel like it ).
I spent my life being told I was fat but you know what I wasnt but I am now thanks to them ( family ) I started to beleive it and gave in.
If you feel like you have to lose weight then give it ago but make sure it is for you not them. and then show of that tattoo and be proud of it!
I am waiting till I loose a bit more before i go and get another one at the bottom of my back. That is my goal to make me lose weight.
I already have a craker on my shoulder hehe a bettyboop of course! whats yours?

take care hunni and chin up
boopadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #3  

Thank you for the kind words, I had already started dieting when this was said to me a few days ago and I thought about giving up because I was so upset but I'm still going for it. I got a butterfly on my lower back with some tribal stuff on the sides of it and two pink stars below it. I like it alot.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #4  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

wow your tattoo sounds gorgeous and from your photo i can honestly say you are too. it was a totally insensitive thing to say and unless the lady has absolutely no tact then i think she did it intentionally... saw you strut in looking all good and doing your thing and saw an opportunity to make a little snide comment. i mean perhaps im totally wrong but i can be abit pessamistic when it comes to people. if this encounter has made you determinded to lose weight then try and turn it into a positive thing. i know first hand also what it feels like to be repulsed by your own reflections im sure alot of us here do but that self esteem boost will come around again and you will feel good again. im sorry if im rambling i just read your post and had to say something
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #5  
nikki aka boopadoo

S/C/G: 15.3 start w/13.10 march07

Height: 5.3

HERE HERE! I just think sometimes we can be too sensitive for our own good but who needs people to say things like that anyway!
your tattoo sounds great the new one im going for is a curve of roses all tangled and bunched together itd fantastic! but i need to loose anotheer stone before i get it!
Where are you from? if you dont mind me asking? cali ? not sure where that is.. sorry for the ignorence
boopadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Know what? Supergirl said what I was going to... you look absolutely gorgeous in your picture! People say stupid things. Hard as it is, shake it off. DON'T 'stop eating' - that wouldn't work for me, anyway - I'd just binge later to make up for it and feel worse.

Honey - even if you WERE 'fat' - which you are NOT - you are so beautiful.

Big Hugs -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

People constantly shock me at how insensitive they are!! I'm sorry that this happened to you, you definitely don't deserve to feel this way. Vent, scream, yell, have a pity party, get it all out, and then move on!

Something like that also happened to me a few years ago, I worked with this guy 5 days a week for MONTHS, one day he askes me if I'm pregnant, and that I look a few MONTHS pregnant! I definitely cried. Stupid people!

Did the tattoo hurt? How did you decide what to get done? I've been considering getting one for years, haven't decided on what yet though.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

You are beautiful! Some people can be jerks. Just think the the thing you do not like about yourself you can change that person will probably always be an a$$. Just my opinion though.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #9  

Thanks, all of you are sooo sweet. I'm trying my best to get over it, and you are right Heather about the binging thing, I was doing good then I ate a McGriddle, I looked it up and it has like 550 calories, I'm so mad at myself for eating it, but I know I wouldn't have if I hadn't been starving myself. Eevn if it was true and I do look pregnant it was just totally rude for her to say it and even more rude for the emloyee to have repeated it to me. I am slowly getting over it. Alotta thanks to all of you.
And about the tattoo, sooo many people told be the pain wouldn't be that bad and one girl told be that it felt like a scolding hot razor blade cutting on you, I won't lie the one lady was right. Unless I am just super sensative that is exactly what if felt like, worst pain I have ever felt in my life, I was having cold swetas and everything. For 2 hours I was biting down on my fiance's leather wallet. But strangly I don't regret doing it even with all the pain. To any of you looking to get tatted, dont just pick something off of the wall, this is your body, the only one you've got make your tattoo personal. I custom designed mine with the tattoo artist. This way I know know one on the planet has the same tattoo as me.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM   #10  

Oh and I forgot.
Congradulations Canadian mom on being soooo close to your goal weight!!!!!! It must feel awsome.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 PM   #11  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

You know, some people oughta listen to the wise man, Dave Barry. He said "You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment." AND HE'S RIGHT. Seriously.

Honestly, I didn't think getting tatted hurt that bad. I've got a triquetra, about the size of my palm, right at the joining of the back of the neck and the shoulders, centered, low enough that the top point only comes a little way up onto the knob at the base of the neck. The back is one of the most painful spots to get a tat, second only to the ankle - as a rule of thumb, the less flesh there is between the skin getting tatted and the bone beneath, the more it's going to hurt. Bony areas like ankles and necks are more painful than fleshy areas like upper arms or calves. So, Shy, it's possible that you're more sensitive than many people, or maybe the people you spoke to are less sensitive to pain. I'm not terribly sensitive to pain - well, I am, but I've learned how to keep going through it, long story - so basically, while I was getting mine done, I simply kept my eyes closed, my mind centered on the moment and the process, breathed carefully, and crushed my mom's hand (my mom and I went to get tats together on my 21st birthday; she got a pretty bracelet-design, and I got my triquetra).

Although I think people who've got tats have a form of "mommy amnesia" - we forget how painful it was, cause the result is so worth it.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM   #12  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Shy, I had a similar thing happen to me when my oldest was little. I was standing in line, holding her on my hip when this man standing next to me asked when I was due! All I can say is stupidity doesn't discriminate and it certainly knows no boundries!

My mother always said that when people say or ask things they shouldn't, to ask them to repeat the question and say "that's what I thought you said" and walk away.

Keep on plan and don't let the nimrods throw you. Some people are just born jerks.

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Boopadoo, Calie is California.

Shy, I know how you feel someone saying you're pregnant. That happened to me for about 6 months after my daughter's birth. I was getting those comments sometimes on a daily basis even while I was in the 150's. Usually the people were trying to be nice, offer me a seat on the subway and that. But I found it sooo embarrassing..I only WISHED they thought I was plain fat rather than pregnant when I wasn't. I actually had to take the seats a few times after they insisted, feeling like a total fraud but not wanting to embarrass me or the kind stranger.

Starving yourself isn't the answer, nor is getting so worked up about what this girl thinks. I dont worry about it because I KNOW this is TEMPORARY. "I'm not going out like this". Failure's not an option cuz I wanna be a healthy sexy size. And that's that. Do it the healthy way though..lots of whole foods, fruits, and some exercise.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

i had a cashier ask me when I was due once and then for the next 2 years she kept asking about my non-existant baby because she "remembered" me beingpg, but not me telling her 5 times no, never was.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

ennay - omg! I think that might take the cake! If I was feeling confident, and thinner, I'd totally say "no I was just fat". Or I'd totally break into tears and say "was I really THAT fat". I am good with the instant tears thing.. heh.

So are you gals saying I should get a tattoo while I'm larger? More fat = less pain? heh. Totally kidding. I was thinking maybe something to signify strength, I feel as though I lack that at times.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote