Old 03-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Talking Newbie girl on the block

I've been on 3FC for about a month and this is my first posting on 30-somethings as I definitely the support of people my own age.

I've read some of the postings and noticed that many of you are well on your path in life with kids and husbands. I am envious as I hope to have that in my life one day. However, I must admit that I can't completely relate because I'm a 34 year old single women who just hasn't met the best guy for me. (So, if you know of anyone, I'm always up for introductions. ). I thought the last guy was the one for me, but I turned out to be wrong and had to let him go. Boy was that painful! 2 years later, I'm back on my feet again but now I have to use these feet to kick off the weight that I have increasingly been gaining. It's been a life long challenge, but these last 2 years have been particularly frustrating in regards to my weight and health. I can't blame it all on the relationship as I had bad eating habits to begin with but going through the depression that kicked in after the relationship made the downfall that much faster.

God providing, I have managed to climb my way out of the hole and feeling pretty good about being me again. That said, the weightloss is still a struggle for me and I have a considerable amount to lose. But, as a 30-something woman, I need the support of others around my age. My body doesn't function like a 20-something anymore (though I wish and wish and wish it did) and the worries of aging are beginning.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and hope I can offer support like the support I've been offered on the other thread I've been on. 3FC has been impressive in that way!

Have a great day!
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default UR Not Alone!

Hey there Julzchiki!

Don't worry, you are not alone. I'm 37, haven't been married ever...have no kids (save for one insolent hamster)...and in fact haven't been on a date in over 2 years. But, I have a great career and enough health and weight loss goals to keep me busy.

So, if there are 2 of us out there, there's bound to be more! You'll LOVE 30Somethings!!! I'm sure someone else (especially the moderators) will suggest you sign on to the daily thread too.

It sounds like you've done a lot of soul searching in recent past and that things are starting to fall into place. I'd like to say to you: "Who needs guys!" But.......I'm extremely frustrated being alone and thinking I'll NEVER get married (especially with my weight gain)....so I'm definitely one you can vent to! Sound like a plan???
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Julz! Welcome to 30-Something's! Not all of us are married and raising little rugruts...oops, did I just type that?......I really love my boys. Melinda and Lisa, off hand, are two I know of that are single.

Like Melinda said, come join us on the "daily" thread! Oh, and btw, you need to move out of SF silly...I can't imagine there's a surplus of straight men there!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Me 3

Hi girls,

I too am single and childless by choice to this point. But, recently have decided I am ready to make that big step. I'm 37 and finishing my nursing degree then I will be ready to start that chapter of my life.

As Melinda said "who needs guys"!! I have a wonderful life and I just haven't found someone who makes it better.

Good luck and if you need anything we are just a key stroke away.
Tawna
tawnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/181/155

Hi... I just joined... also live in the Bay Area... maybe if we are close, we could walk together... where about are you? I am a single mom... know some nice guys too!
Magick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

hey there..i'm not exactly like you...i JUST got married but still no kids. So can relate to the waiting for marriage thing. Took me a long time to find the right one...and even though i've only been married 6 months...he was worth the wait. good luck and joing us on our daily thread!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254

Thanks for all the support. I appreciated hearing from those of you who are in the same single boat that I'm in and from those who aren't single but being supportive. I'm just tired of feeling like there's something wrong with me (besides being overweight) because I haven't found the right guy for at this age.

Magick, I'm in Fremont, work in Alameda, where are you?
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/181/155

Hi, got your message, and don't quite know how to message back. I am in the north bay! Too bad we are over an hour away!
Magick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi Julzchiki!
Welcome! I am new here too.
I have been married for almost 11 yrs. hubby and I adopted a little boy when he was an infant, he is going to be 7 next month. It has not been easy, at all!
It is great to be married and have children, but it can also be very challanging. Our little boy was diagnosed bipolar 2 yrs ago, it has been very very difficult and stressful, I know how it feels to be depressed and put on weight and how frustrating it can be to loose it!
This is a great place, I love reading the posts, they are very encouraging! We are not alone on this battle!
Hugs,
Happy2be

happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Just wanted to say hi!
I know you aren't alone. There are a lot of women in their 30's who've never married/had kids. I know quite a few myself and they aren't overweight. I am married (second time) have two kids (one each marriage) but both times I was overweight. Weight has nothing to do with it! just take care of yourself and the weight and the guy will take care of itself.
good luck!!
Laura
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote