Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Question ready for trigger food

Hi Ladies,

I haven't binged in weeks. I also have been avoiding my trigger foods. Friday used to be my Pizza night.. where I ate whatever I wanted and basically binged all night. I would have pizza, then caramel popcorn, chocolate, whatever. I haven't had pizza in a few weeks now and I am really craving it. I can't decide if I am ready to eat it. I am sure that I wont binge - and I really am not lying to myself like I used to. I know I could just have the pizza and move on. However, I am also trying to lose weight so I dont know if it is worth eating the pizza and being done with it, or if I should not have it. I am afraid that if I dont have it, I will binge because I really want the pizza. I am torn between satisfying my craving with a little pizza and being more restrictive. I read once that you should eat what will satisfy you otherwise you will continue eating because you aren't getting what your body really wants. Does craving pizza mean I really need some certain nutrient that I'm not getting? Can I get it from something else? I dont even know if this posting makes sense to anyone.

Should I eat the pizza? I've been thinking about it since last night!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

First of all, to you for not bingeing for weeks! And not having pizza in weeks... avoiding your trigger foods is a HUGE step! Good for you!

If you think you really won't binge on the pizza, go for it. Is there a way you can go out and buy it by the slice, perhaps? Then buy a slice or two and a nice healthy side and you won't be able to binge. That's what I try to do.

I'm all about treating yourself once in awhile, but making it as low-risk as possible (i.e. not buying an entire box of oreos, getting the small snack bag, etc). Becuase if I don't, I"ll run out and completely lose it eventually.

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited by djs06; 03-09-2007 at 11:33 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

djs06 has great advice about buying a slice or two. Thats what I would do. That way, you wont binge but you get what you want too. *they* say that cravings are caused when you are lacking a nutrient, but as for me, I crave sweets because they taste so darn good, lol..
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm a big believer in not depriving yourself completely. I'm most tempted by sweets, but still allow myself something sweet each week. The key for me is to plan for it (ie. decide ahead of time to have ice cream at that party, rather than make an impulsive decision), to have it with someone (too tempting to overdo it if eating alone), and control how much will be around after you've had a reasonable amount. I say, as long as you're feeling strong, have a reasonable amount of pizza, enjoy it without guilt, then get right back on your program the minute you've swallowed your last bite.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #5  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Thanks for the support everyone! I had the pizza last night. I really enjoyed it but I definitely did not go overboard. I have to say I was a bit nervous to eat it, but it was fine. I talked to my roomate about it before so that at least I knew that if I ate too much she would know. Anyway, it seems I didnt really need to worry. I ate a reasonable amount and stuck to my plan otherwise. I had no extra snacks and didnt eat after 9. That was tough for me because I was watching a movie and water wasn't too exciting. I froze the leftover pizza so I wouldnt just keep eating it today instead of proper food. It was a great treat and I feel really great about my accomplishment. I think I'm finally on the right track and not getting urges to binge very much at all. Even when I do every little while, I can get myself out of it. This is really exciting. I also didnt feel bad about eating the pizza after and didnt consider it falling off the wagon which I think helps me to not overeat. I went to the gym this morning and did my tough spin class.

Thanks again. knowing I had to let you guys know how it went was a huge deterrent from scarfing down the entire pizza also. Thanks so much and have a great day.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote