Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #1  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm slipping...ugh! Sombody grab my hand!

Need some help here. It's been exactly 4 weeks. Results are showing in measurements, not lbs. I suppose I am happy about it. But not really. I suppose I shouldnt rely on that damn scale, but I do. All this work; writing down all I eat, sweating 5 times a week, building a a brick wall to block the sweets and faux pas! It should come faster!

I was reading some "at goal" posts. OMG, they lost ALOT! More than I am trying to lose. So what am I *****ing about? Meg lost 122 in a year and now a size 2! Shoot, my goal is no where near that kind of hurtle.

Maybe it's just PMS and next week I will feel better! In the meantime, can someone please extend a hand to boost my motivation?

Thanks,
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Gotcha! *Just grabbed your hand*

Whether you have 48lbs to lose or 250 it is still a struggle. Every lb of it. Trust me.

Look, it has taken me 2 1/2 years to lose these 130lbs and I am b****ing about how I *need* to lose these last 6 or so and how looong it is taking and some times I whine about how faaaat I am (gag me that is so pathetic).

But we are all allowed to vent, we are all allowed to be frustrated at times and we are all allowed to take a break or take a "cheat" if we need to occasionally (so long as it doesn't get out of hand).

Just keep at it. The days will pass by whether or not you are losing and in one year you will either be saying to yourself "sh*t, if I had only kept at it I would be at goal now!" OR "damn, I am so happy I kept with it, look at me now!"

It is your choice. Everything is a choice.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #3  
now or never

S/C/G: 182/182/160

Height: 5'7

Look you have done 4 weeks...that is great! LBS DONT matter---it is the size and the way you feel. If your clothes feel the tiniest bit looser the you have done it!!! I am just getting started and to me you seem like a champ 4 weeks I can just wish for! Keep it going!
smatchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #4  
Strong and Fit

Phew! That was close!

Thanks for the hand there! Moodswings stink! I went to the gym today and did stuff without my trianer for 60 min! All on my own. I should feel accomplished A-for the journey to the gym II-for working out on my own 3-Really working out, ouch!

I know time flys as it passes, but crawls as it aproaches. Is there some wize saying from somebody? I'll be laughing at this soon enough.

Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #5  

Best thing I ever did for myself was throw out my scale!! I agree with it being about how you feel, and more what your measurements are.

At the risk of sounding totally gooberish, maybe some positive visualization could help you out. Imagine yourself at your goal weight/measurements/size, and how good you will feel, how proud you will be of all that you have accomplished and how good that will make you feel to continue onward with that.

The positive visualization for me has been a GREAT motivator for me. I know that if I achieve X goal I will feel AMAZING... so I picture myself there, imagine all the positive feelings associated with that and that is a great propeller forward for me. Of course I slip sometimes... but it helps me to look forward instead of dwelling on what is already behind me.
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm going through the same thing. I don't have to tell you how frustrating it is! But I will tell you that PMS makes it infinitely worse. I sit on the couch like a fat blob and think, "fat blob, why don't you just eat? You're never gonna lose the weight anyway."

We all know how you feel here! I wish I could give you some nice, hearty advice but I haven't got that figured out too well myself. Just know we're all here for you!

djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #7  
Strong and Fit

Default Misery loves company

Thanks everyone! Youre all so great!

I am at the gym 5 times a day. It is a local gym, but there are pleanty of beautiful people there. My imagry is to picture myself like them. When my eyes get back to my reflection, I am flexing that fat belly and way too big butt away! It may take a million flexes to get to the girl across the room, but I am one flex closer!! I am using my jealousy to my advantage.

I hate refections and photos. For me, that would put me in a depression. Personally, the photo idea would be harmful. Depression causes my hand to put things in my mouth. My personality is to live the goal today. I think thin, work around thin, and mentally,I am a healthy person. I am always the one person red with the face at group excercise. ( I sure hope those thin,sexy girls are not watching me stare at them! )So Silly, I agree with you. Positive thoughts are so helpful. Call me dilusional, but whatever works to become the jealous motivation of my neighbors!!

Throw out my scale? REALLY? I never thought of that. It is tempting. ......
Oh boy, I cant do that. Ok Maybe I will start by putting it away. Alright, it is in my closet, you know that back corner you put things you have no other place for? Gosh, this is scary!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Dana, I had to laugh, I call myself names too. Fatty McFattle is my favorite one. I've offended some of my friends with it, but if we can't laugh at ourselves what do we have?

The only advice I have is to go buy a pair of jeans in a size smaller than you are and when you get the urge to be off plan go try them on. You'll need them eventually anyway, so it doesn't hurt anything to get prepared! I have a pair of 14s that I bought for that purpose and now they're my favorite jeans. I need to go buy some 12s
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #9  
Strong and Fit

I have a closet full of clothes too small for me. I had to stop lying to myslef. But that was months ago, and I am still waiting to fit into those size 12 jeans I got a year ago. The only difference here, its that I have a healthy plan now!

I found myself saying to myself,"Am I skinny yet?" I am getting uncomfortable with that. Does someone have a good affermation for me after a hard workout and my muscles are screaming at me.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

mom2,

My friends do the same thing! I'll talk about myself in third person, like "oh fatty mcfatpants is hungry again" and I get yelled at! I know it's probably not the *best* way to go, but you're right, we have to be able to laugh at ourselves!

That's great advice about buying smaller pants... sometimes if I see a cute item of clothing while thrift shopping I'll pick it up, even if it's a few sizes smaller. Of course now i have NO room in my closet or dresser, but that's a very minor detail.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #11  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Dana & Mom2.......
Hello, my name is Fatty McFatterson.
It is really funny how we are all celtic when referring to ourselves in such a way................ ? I guess that Mc just works (well, it does for the Donalds).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote