Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #1  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Am I a Binge Eater? FOOD MENTIONED!!!

This is going to sound so stupid but I am not sure if I am a binge eater or not. I have never considered myself to be one but not only have I always struggled with my weight, I also struggle with food itself. It seems only lately that I have heard so much about binge eating online, on the news, etc. so I am beginning to think that the problem I have had off and on for so many years finally has a label - unfortunately for me, one that I am mortified of.

It seems that when I am not on a diet, I don't binge. I eat normal foods in larger than suggested portions but definitely not a binge. I don't sneak off to the kitchen when everyone is asleep, I don't make a sandwich and hide it in the back of the fridge so that I can scarf it down without too much time being taken up later...you get the point. But as soon as I even think about dieting (WW at the moment) I become OBSESSED with food. I meticulously plan my day so I won't cheat and then at some point of my day, EVERYDAY, I find myself binging. Last night is was to the tune of four slices of cake (only because we only had four slices left) and once that happens, I go into "might as well eat everything in sight" mode.

So, am I a binger? Does this happen to anyone else? Are there different levels of binging? I am definitely not the girl that raids the kitchen and eats a stick of butter but the fact that I hide food, I lie to people about what I ate during the day...that can't be normal.
hunnasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #2  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default One more!

I was just on my way out of the forums to go do my workout when I saw your post. This morning has been my first time posting on here and I have to say it may turn into an addiction!!!

Just my own take on your situation from what you described is not so much Binge Eating as Diet Mentality. You said yourself you don't do any of the behaviors when you aren't dieting...you eat more than necessary but not desperately and out of control. When you diet you have it in your mind the foods you should and shouldn't be eating....how much...etc etc.. You obsess over every calorie and basically drive yourself a little nuts about what you want to eat! Well, most people on diets do that...that's why diets don't work. It has to be a new lifestyle that you build for yourself. Keyword...Life. To answer your question...no..I don't think you are a Binge eater (I could be wrong of course since I don't really know you and all) I think you just need to relax a little...try to incorporate more moderation in your food intake...try to get over the diet trap mentality and you will do alot better...

Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I agree 100% with Ravengirl.....stop dieting and start living and doing something that you can do for the rest of your life, whether its moderation or cutting out certain foods. Different things work for different people...

I will never diet again. I eat what want, I will never restrict myself from having anything ever again BUT at the same time I have what I want in moderation, because just like you described...that leads me to binge and be compulsive.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote