Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #1  

Unhappy Soda Withdrawls

Ok, I just started the Flex plan Yesterday, and I cut soda out. Now I am having the worst headaches!! Any suggestions???
Old 01-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #2  

Aside from taking aspirin, I can't think of anything that'll lessen the headaches. They'll go away after a few days...probably caffeine withdrawal symptoms. If I'm missing soda, I go for Club Soda with a bit of lemon in it, or go for Crystal Light. That always makes water go down easier!

Last edited by simone1ca; 01-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

I'm on WW and Diet soda is 0 points. If you're cutting out soda for the sodium factor, then Diet is still bad. If it's the transition that's hard (going from regular to Diet soda) you will get used to it. I only drank regualr Coke for years. Sometimes 8 or 10 a day!! Diet was so gross to me at first but I too had the god awful headaches. I started by just sucking it up and drinking 1 or 2 a day to rid the headaches. Now I can't live without my Diet Coke!!! Plus, all the empty calories are gone. Diet Coke with Splenda is healthier for you though...it does not contain the aspartame.

Last edited by JackieB; 01-23-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #4  
banned

god bless crystal light!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #5  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

I use to have those awful headaches too when I gave up Pepsi. After a few days the headaches do start to go away. I now drink water with crystal light all the time. I don't drink diet drinks very often because I don't want to become addicted to those like I was the Pepsi. But even weaning yourself down to diet first should help some.

Kim
Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #6  
I'm bringing MY sexy back

S/C/G: 231/210/150

Height: 5'0

Yep.. I had the headache for about 5 days. If you can survive through the first few days, the last 2 is a breeze-at least they were for me. I took me some pills and that eased it a bit. I've been pop (soda) free since Jan. 2nd and feel SO great!! All I ever drink is water and crystal light and I've honestly never felt better and I think it's because of no pop!!

And a great bonus... it's has really improved my complextion too!! My skin has never felt, looked and been better!! I think it's all due to the water intake!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  

Thanks for ALL of your imput!!
Closed Thread