Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Switching from meetings to At Home

Currently I'm in meetings. Well, theoretically I'm in meetings, I have a monthly pass. The last 2 months I've skipped the meetings and just weighed in.

I'm doing fine on the program, more or less. I'm not attending meetings because I've just gotten annoyed at them, I guess. The leaders is actually great. She was awesome for the first month or two when I needed inspiration. But I have a long way to go, and now I'm on an even keel, and when I'm in the meetings I feel like I'm just hearing stuff I already know, or motivation I don't need.

Anyway, anyone else feel like this? I've canceled my monthly membership, so February is my last month. (And I'm going out of the country for a month anyway in March.) I was thinking of just doing Fitday for free, but I really like the whole point-tracking of WW. And then I was thinking of doing it on my own with point-tracking, but I kind of like the site, it's been my favorite 'tracking' site so far. So I'm considering paying the ~$30/month for online plus e-tools, as opposed to the ~40/month for meetings I never go to. Or... I don't know.

How do you keep on track with accountability without weekly meetings, as another question? My doctor's office is right near my work, I'm thinking of asking my doctor if I can come in once a month to weigh and have them jot it down on my chart, or if they'd charge me a visit for that.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I do it on my own without going to meetings or doing the online thing. I do it from memory of how the program works, and from info I find online, especially here on this forum. I find that posting on this board keeps me accountable, and that if you've truly made the commitment you'll stick to it regardless.

I track my points in a little notebook. I tried Fitday and it just annoyed me. It's a great idea -- I just find that writing it down is easier for me.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I do it at home much like Lisa, with no meetings or online tools. I use another website that lists the points values of foods and my points finder. For accountability I weigh myself weekly on my scales in my bathroom and I keep a spreadsheet of my progress. I also use spreadsheets to track my eating. This forum is my support system for the most part, but I do have to say that the people that I work with, my family, and my boyfriend all cheer me on and help keep me motivated. True motivaion, however, comes from within and all of the support and meetings in the world are nothing compared to that. Best of luck no matter what you decide to do!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I do WW online, I don't find accountability to be difficult - I mean, who am I kidding if I don't do it? I am so disgustingly positive, mostly because WW is failproof if you truly have the desire to make it work. It takes a bit of time to enter the foods and exercise online, but it's much easier and faster than fitday (for me), and I can access a lot of info online.

I think it's just a personal decision - the data show that meeting-goers lose more weight, but I've never been one to like someone hanging over my shoulder.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote