Old 01-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #1  
nine pounds before march!

S/C/G: 217/176/145

Height: 5'4

Default How do I motivate myself to work out?

Ok So I Made It Past My Halway Mark But My Husband Is Coming Home In The Beg Of March Forty Five Day I Think. I Dont Know If I Can Loose Another Twelve Pounds Before Then! I Signed Up With A Personal Trainer And I Start On Tuesday Because I Have Lost 38 Pounds But I Havent Been Working Out At All. I Used To Be In Top Shape Because I Was In The Army Myself but I Got Pregnant And Gained 140 Pounds . I Feel Like Yeah I Am Loosing The Weight But I Am Missing Out On The Being In Shape Thing. I Remeber When I Got On The Scale Before Delivery And It Said 272! So I Am Almost 100 Pounds Away From That Now. But Then Again My Son Is Four! Oh Well I Guess When You Loose It You Loose It Right? Whatever I just want him to be shocked and I think he will because last time he saw me I was in a size XL shirt and eighteen in pants and right now I am in a medium dress shirt and size twelve pants. I had my body fat done (it really wasnt all that bad at my biggest because I have so much muscle) but right now its 27% so all in all my measurements have gone down more drasticaly than my weight. My friend and I are around the same height and we have been doing ww together since october and she is in a bigger size but the same weight as me. I am just worried once I start working out my muscles will get bigger again. I have that issue since I was born. I tend to build muscle really fast. The guy that did my body fat said that he was shocked at the amount of muscle on my body lol I dont know if that was a complement or he was meaning look at this fat chick with all this hidden muscle! But anyways I am hoping to be able to tell him I have lost fifty pounds since October when he comes home, guess I will just have to wait and see. I am trying to be positive about starting with the personal trainer but I am really scared I will start gaining weight. ahhhh I dont know what to do just thought I would pout to you guys.
christy7981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  

If you are working with a personal trainer I wouldn't be too concerned about gaining too much muscle. Explain to him how your body tends to work, stress your not trying to build muscle your just trying to tone and he should know the right exercises to help you attain your goal.
Jessie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Oh hun, I hear ya! I stress out about working out and adding bulk too. Higher reps, lower weight is better. But you need to congratulate yourself for a job well done so far too! I know that once you get on track that it's hard to stop and appreciate what you've done so far. Oh, and the motivation part? Make it a routine to go to the gym. It only takes 3 days to create a habit. So make sure that you go everyday for a week (I normally go Sun-Thurs). And making it a priority should help. Plus, by then you'll probably start seeing results, and you won't need any more motivation....

Good Luck & Good Job!!!!!!
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Sign up for a workout class in your community! Many cities offer them at a relatively reasonable price and there's usually a good variety of activities to choose from (and almost all the adult classes are in the evening i.e. accomodating of work schedules), and just paying for it alone will motivate you to attend and work out.

I'm doing modern/jazz dance this quarter, and boy are my legs & buns (and cardio system) getting a workout--even at beginner level.

Just check out recreational guides in your city or neighborhing cities.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote