Old 01-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #1  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Ugh...Just learned a lesson.

Well, I've just learned firsthand the truth of the "eat crap, feel like crap" saying I've heard around here. I've been really good the past week or so, hadn't touched the Pastaroni/Mac&Cheese (my personal demons) once, though I was tempted once or twice. Lots of whole grains, brown rice, lean proteins, vegetables. Tonight, I didn't want to really cook anything, and I really did want the mac&cheese.

So I made it. And gods, do I regret it. It was...it didn't taste at all how I remembered it tasting. It just tasted kind of pale, if that makes any sense. And now, I'm all bloaty and just feeling blegh.

So now I have a new motivation for making/eating real food. I had never realized what a difference it makes!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #2  
Bikini Season :)

such a tough lesson but its a good one!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Aww honey
I was all about the Sidekicks. One thing I learned (and actually did last night) was that if I'm not up for cooking, that's not an excuse for eating poorly. There is such a taboo surrounding dinner that it must be this big extravagant meal. But really, it's a lower calorie meal for me most days as I only eat a very small portion, my lunch is the bigger cal meal of my day. Last night I didn't want to eat dinner so I had a piece of fruit and some soy chips. Satiating and filling, but under 200 calories !

How was the other night! Come back to the girls and tell us all about it!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #4  
Recovering Couch Potato

S/C/G: 168/139/135-ish

Height: 5'6"

I learned the same lesson with regular (not lite) beer . I used to be the classic, hang-out-with-the-guys, chain-smoking, pizza-and-beer college girl. I stopped drinking for a while after I quit smoking, since doctors mentioned drinking could be a big relapse trigger, and generally started limiting myself to a glass or two of heart-healthy red wine rather than a beer binge. But I was at a concert the other night and had a beer--ONE beer, mind you--and I've never felt more terrible in my life! I was so nauseous and sick I had to leave early.
Jasmine419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

lesson learned!!! It happens to us all... it's so funny how once we distance ourselves from demonic foods, it becomes so obvious how gross they are
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #6  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
lesson learned!!! It happens to us all... it's so funny how once we distance ourselves from demonic foods, it becomes so obvious how gross they are
Hear hear!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #7  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

You're right about the assumption that dinner has to be big and stuff, Martini. Part of my issue though, is that I really like having *hot* food for dinner. Fruit's good, and stuff, but I wanted hot food, and....okay, all excuses, and I know it. But, today's a new day, and I've started off right, with my WATP and a whole-wheat english muffin, OJ, and (homemade! I love my espresso machine!) espresso.

I think I'm going to pack a salad for lunch, and maybe a small container of soup.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #8  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Tough lesson, one that i learn over and over again! Hopefully you won't follow in my foot steps and make it over and over again. ^-^
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote