Old 01-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #1  

Default Xcel supplement problems???

I started LAWL on 1/3 and began using Reduce Plus and XCel.
On 1/4 I had a severe nosebleed that stopped after 1/2 hr, another one
on Sat 1/6 that wouldn't stop so that I had to go to the ER and another
one yesterday.
I have also been very lightheaded, so I cut down the Xcel to 1 tablet
before meals instead of 2.

Could these pills have anything to do with my nosebleeds and light-
headedness? Has anyone else had these problems? I'm going to go off the pills and see if that helps.
Thanks,
Lisa
umalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #2  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I haven't heard of this with anyone in the time I've been on boards! I don't take anything of theirs other than Lites.. They advertise the program as eat what you want and eat what you have at home so I always tell them that when they bring out the sales pitch.

Did you ER Doctor tell you anything when you mentioned the supplements? I hope you make a quick recovery and I would say too that you should go off if it's something you've never had before! Keep us posted on how you are and there are so many of us on here that don't use any of the supplements so it is easy to do without. If your doctor says they may have caused it I'd have him put it in writing so you can get your money back.
Health is number one

Good Luck!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #3  
it's always something

What are the ingredients in these products? Would anyone mind posting them?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if they cause nosebleeds, but I can say that I experienced some stomach upset and general dizziness when I began to take these. When I mentioned it to a counselor they said to split them one before the meal and one after, which I did - and still felt sick. A few weeks ago a new counselor told me that the Reduce+ pills are fat soluable only, and they must be taken before a meal that contains fat (in other words - not at a meal of salad and ff dressing, which is usually my lunch) I haven't had a problem since.

If they are giving you that kind of health scare, I would not hesitate to go off of them completely, though. I hope you feel better soon.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Suzanne - I think that the Reduce plus is CLA. Conjugated Lineoleic Acid, which is unproven for weight loss, but is suppposed to help in maintenance, I just read....
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #6  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I got this a long time ago from Milca--so I can't be sure they haven't changed it.

XCEL:
SUPPLEMENTS FACTS:SERVING PER CONTAINER 2 pills
Amount per serving

VITAMIN B6 (as Pyridoxine) 26mg
CHRONIUM (as Chronium Chelate) 150mg

Propietary Blend
Green tea extract standarized for 27% EGCG and 27%additional Polyphenols, Gymnema Sylvestre Extract to 25% gymnemic acids, Yerba Mate, Panax Ginseng Extract, standarized to 10 % Ginsenosides, Capsicum Fructescens 40 Mhu, Ginger (Root), Dandelion (Root and Leaf), Guarana Extract, Calcium Pyruvate.

Other ingredients: Calcium carbonate, Steric Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium, Silicon Dioxide, Pharmaceutical Glaze.

I have noticed that everytime I take anything with Chromium I get sick--finally figured it out when I tried to switch to the One a Day Weightloss vitamins.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Same

REDUCE PLUS:
SERVING SIZE 2

Calories 20
Calories from fat 20

Total fat 2g

Other ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, titanium dioxide, red 40, yellow 6, blue 1.

Reduce Plus contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a naturally occuring fatty acid predominatly found in dairy foods and beef. Two softgels of Reduce Plus offers the equivalent CLA of 40 slices of cheese or 40 ounces of beef.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #8  

Default Xcel ingredients

Here's the ingredients of the X-cel, which I believe caused an increase in blood pressure, which caused the light-headedness & nosebleeds.
I'm going to my physician and ENT tomorrow--with the bottles of Xcel, Reduce Plus & Carb Enders in tow....

Vitamin B6- 26mg
Chromium -150mcg

Xcel propretary blend -930mg:
Guarana 20% extract,green tea 95% extract, Gymnema sylvestre 25% extract,Panax ginseng 10% extract, Capiscum frutescens (80,000 heating units), Yerba mate, Dandelion (root & leaf), Ginger (root), Calcium Pyruvate.

Other ingredients:
calcium carbonate, stearic acid, Croscarmellose sodium, Magnesium stearate, Silica, Pharmaceutical glaze.
umalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

umalum - Increased blood pressure can certainly cause nosebleeds. Also, if your house is dry due to the weather/furnace being on.
Good luck at the doctor's office, and keep us posted as to what his opinion is on this.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote