Old 01-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #1  

Default I am calorie counting again and I need help!

The first time that I ever went on a diet I counted my calories . I joined TOPS and I only did 1,000 per day. ok now at that time 7 years agao I thought I was fat 148 and wanted to be 130. I lost the weight from feb-june.

now years later and 4 children I am 168 and I would love to see 140
How many calories should I use. I have been using 1,000 and I did lose about 5 lbs in a week which I expected considering I was eating for 10 b4
Ok today I weighed my self and I had gained a pound. So I started to increse my calories to 1200. Maybe thinking I was taking in to little. I need help!!!! I am 5"4 and 168 and I am not active. Can you tell me what to do and what I should eat?

I have been eating alot of the lean cusine and w watchers. and Diet bread and deli meat and yogart, broccoli

help
stahshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #2  

Default Calorie counting

I use ***********.com it will give you an idea of how many calories to eat a day.

Rachel
desperaterachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Finding your own calorie limit is a really personal thing. Just adjust it up and down until you find out what works best for you. You really shouldn't eat below 1200 calories, though. Another thing--you said you were inactive. Getting active will do wonders for you body, your health, speed up weight loss, and let you eat more calories! Good luck.
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I would calculate an average normal days calories prior to the start of your new healthy lifestyle (be honest about portion sizes etc!). I would cut from there rather than going really low. I also gained weight after eating 1000 calories so I personally wouldnt recommend that (I had been sick because normally I'm way too hungry to eat so little). If you were eating say more than 2500 calories per day, I would think you'd lose plenty by cutting to 1900. If not, then keep dropping 100 or so calories until you get on a role. This is just my view, but I would think your body would be shocked as it was from so many less calories, so why go the extra step of upsetting your body into thinking its being starved (which is actually the truth on 1000) and potentially slowing down your metabolism and forcing your body to canobilize its muscle for fuel. Good for you for making a change! You'll find 3FC very helpful.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

What you need to do, is to slightly RAISE your calorie level...but do it SLOWLY. Do 1100 for a couple weeks...then up to 1200-not all at once. Also-GET ACTIVE. Eating very little food, and not exercising is a recipe for your metabolism to be sluggish. Even if you are only walking around the block a couple times...or doing a 10 minute quick exercise video-start doing SOMETHING. It will help burn calories, improve your energy and mood...and firm up the body.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote