Old 12-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/223.4/160

Height: 5'5

Default Low Calorie Eggnogg

Hey Guys,

I have a major sweet tooth and around the holiday's its a real challenge to keep from partaking in all that sugary anarchy. So I came up with a recipe for low calorie eggnog that while my friends and family are over indulging in the normal concoction that is basically liquid ice cream I can have a low calorie cup version that won't ruin my whole day.

Here are the ingredients:

4 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or plain)
1 packet of Jello sugar free fat free vanilla pudding
ground cinnamon
ground nutmeg
rum flavored extract
vanilla blend flavored extract

1) In a bowl or pitcher combine one packet of the vanilla pudding with 4 cups of almond milk. (The reason I use almond milk is so it won't be too soupy, turn into actual pudding and it makes the pudding taste more eggnoggie...yeap not a word but it should be)

2) The tricky part comes now add nutmeg and cinnamon to taste. Typically for every dash of cinnamon I add two of nutmeg.

3) Add about two tablspoons of vanilla extract and four of rum extract.

4) Whisk vigorously until blended. Stick it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then whisk again and serve.

The only down side is you can't heat it up. I have never had warm eggnog but I heard that is something people do. Sadly, almond milk tastes mega nasty when heated. You could also substitute soy I suppose but I have never tried it. You can also use 2 cups of low fat milk in the recipe and follow the same stages of extra flavoring and have eggnogg pudding cups for a low calorie desert too. However, the milk will make it higher have a higher calorie count

The nutrition details are as follow:
Pudding mix= 25 per serving
Almond milk= 40 per cup
Flavoring= 37 vanilla, 0 rum

Total (in recipe) = 294 give or take
Per-serving= 73.5 calories per 1 cup serving

It's yummy I think it comes pretty close to the high calories stuff and no after taste. Its just yummy!

Happy Holidays!
ChescaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Hmmm...
I might have to give this a try. I am a reformed sweet-aholic and this month has been hard. I broke down and got the small container of light eggnog and had a couple servings. My hubby loves the stuff, and drinks it, despite his lactose intolerance so this might be a good recipe for him as well.

fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote