Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #1  

Default Two weeks too many. . . .

Hello, All!

I am twenty one years old, and have a routine of jogging roughly three miles at least three times per week. Over the past several months, I have successfully lost weight. It is my personal choice and preference to not weigh myself, count calories meticulously, nor take any body measurements.

The past couple of weeks, however, I feel as if I have really "blown it".... As I said, I do not count calories nor track any body measurements. But, I am certain that, over TWO WHOLE weeks my caloric intake has doubled, at the least. I am very concernced about how much "damage", or "rebouhnd" weight and fat gain will result from my poor choices. Can anyone here offer me any advice, personal experiences, and knowledge regarding how much fat gain I can expect from two weeks of such drastic caloric surplus? Is there any way to avoid or at least mitigate the amount of weight and fat I will gain? I do not intend to sound obsessive. I am just so, so ashamed, embarrassed, and I really regret it all, of course. How much substantial weight and fat is it possible for me to "put back on" after these two whole weeks of too, too many calories? Have I put a major dent in my success from the past several months, or is any "rebound" still reversible? I am so worried about the weight "creeping" back on, esoecially considering how long two weeks is. I feel like I've completely blown it, derailed, ruined my success over the past months.. Is there anything I can do at this point?
Thank you for everything.
God bless you all.
Mackie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/160/130

Height: 5'4

I do not know enough to be able to answer your questions, but if it will help, i can share to you what happens to me. You see, I usually have a ton of motivation for a month, and i can loose up to ten pounds. After this though i fall and i gain a lot back in a short amount of time. If you tackle this weight quickly, I find it easier to loose the second time then it was the first. After that, you can keep going.

I just like to remember one thing, and that is that if you play yourself right, you will never re-gain what you lost. Also, you can take a break and start again later, and continue. So like, if I loose ten pounds in a month, then I can take two weeks off, and start again, and then loose another ten pounds. I still lost twenty pounds in two months, I just see it in two and a half months.

Also, never stress yourself out because loosing weight will be impossible due to little to no motivation/willpower and your body just simply begin put through the hardship if stress itself.

This is probably not the reply you were hoping for, but i hope it helps in some way anyway
JessJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #3  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

First, stop beating yourself up. You will fall off the wagon from time to time. It's normal. Let those feelings go and start again. I have lost weight many times in my life including the three times that there was significant weight loss. Each time I have gained it back. It has taken me a 5 years and a broken marriage for me to finally decide to become dedicated to lose the weight and live a healthier life. You are young, you can do it. Just focus and stay committed.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #4  

Default Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie G View Post
Hello, All!

I am twenty one years old, and have a routine of jogging roughly three miles at least three times per week. Over the past several months, I have successfully lost weight. It is my personal choice and preference to not weigh myself, count calories meticulously, nor take any body measurements.

The past couple of weeks, however, I feel as if I have really "blown it".... As I said, I do not count calories nor track any body measurements. But, I am certain that, over TWO WHOLE weeks my caloric intake has doubled, at the least. I am very concernced about how much "damage", or "rebouhnd" weight and fat gain will result from my poor choices. Can anyone here offer me any advice, personal experiences, and knowledge regarding how much fat gain I can expect from two weeks of such drastic caloric surplus? Is there any way to avoid or at least mitigate the amount of weight and fat I will gain? I do not intend to sound obsessive. I am just so, so ashamed, embarrassed, and I really regret it all, of course. How much substantial weight and fat is it possible for me to "put back on" after these two whole weeks of too, too many calories? Have I put a major dent in my success from the past several months, or is any "rebound" still reversible? I am so worried about the weight "creeping" back on, esoecially considering how long two weeks is. I feel like I've completely blown it, derailed, ruined my success over the past months.. Is there anything I can do at this point?
Thank you for everything.
God bless you all.
Greetings, Mackie. Just start running again.its wonderful that you are a runner. Staying active is key so you will burn some of the calories and running as you know boost your metabolism. It's been said that 3500 calories equal one pound. And on average you can burn 60 calories per 15 minutes. So just start running again.you can do it😊
TaMry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Of course there's something you can do--the same things you were doing before that were working. Like erricah said, everyone falls off the wagon from time to time! It's perfectly okay and expected. Weight gain is always reversible and there's no need whatsoever to get discouraged or lose hope!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #6  

You will get there... just keep at it.
markmc77 is offline   Reply With Quote