Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Default I feel stupid asking for help with this but...

Hello All

I'm a newbie calorie counter and i want to add one of those sig weight tracker things as part of my signature for my posts. However, i can't for the life of me find where in my profile that i copy the link that i've created on the Sig weight tracker page. I sent an email to one of the admin people yesterday but so far havent heard back.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

, Ailey

Last edited by Ailey60; 05-20-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #2  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

you have to be on the boards for 30 days and have 30 posts b4 you can get sig and trackers i believe After that you will find a link that read edit signature when you go to user CP on the top left hand side of your forum page

Last edited by amouse; 05-20-2008 at 03:48 AM.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for asking this question. I have been wondering myself. And this gives me one more post! (haha!)
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/187.8/150

Height: 5'8"

LOL yes, i can't wait to see that thing at the bottom of my posts too... silly, maybe, but something i'm looking forward to
gabbnteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Ailey,

I love that turtle picture! It is so cute! Turtles are one of my favorite animals!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #6  

Smile Thanks for the info and a question about minigoals

Ok well now i know that i need to get busy with posting and also stay patient. That's kind of good that it's 30 days. By then i will have been working at this thru one menstrual cycle and that will be a real test. So if i'm still hanging in there (i'm afraid i will give up or get distracted) i will feel proud of that fact at the very least.

About the turtle-they are one of my favorite animals too. I just love them for some reason. I had one for a while as a child that my dad brought home from a business trip. And contrary to conventional wisdom that turtle could move fast skimming across the grass in our front yard. Have you ever seen the picture book titled, "Old Turtle" I think the author's last name is Wood. It really is a beautiful book and worth taking a look at. I guess i like the symbolism associated with turtles in addition to how they look and move.

Everyone knows the story of the tortoise and the hare. My goal with this weight loss thing is to plod along slow and steady with a quiet confidence that i will reach my goal and when i do, it won't be such a big deal to maintain my weight because by then i will finally have some good eating habits ingrained into my nature. That's the hope anyway.

Thanks again for the info. I have another question-this one about mini-goals. How do folks decide what to make their mini-goal? I really think that mini-goals are good especially for those of us with a lot of lbs to drop. I have a book called the Eating Well Diet book and it has a form in the book where you figure a mini-goal based on a percentage of your entire weight-loss goal. I think i will try that and when i get the option to create a signature i will make two of those sig goal things like i've seen some people do.

Thanks again everyone, Ailey
Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Just chiming in about turtles. I have a baby red ear slider. She eats pretty healthy (protein & veggies) and inspires me to do the same.

--Caroline
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I thought it was 30 days or 30posts? I was able to do it after 30posts, but it was less than 30 days.. I'm not 100%..but when you get to 30posts, you can try it out just to see
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #9  

Default exercise counters

Caroline-how big are red ear sliders? Did you find it in the wild or buy it? I saw a turtle at petco yesterday and was certainly tempted. But we already have a pup and kitty so we're probably good for now.

Well Tdiprincess if you're right i should be to 30 posts pretty quickly. You and i have similar goals. After some reading in my Eating Well diet book i'm
reevaluating and thinking that 135 lbs would be just fine. Either way i've got a long road ahead of me. It'll take plenty of , and
(calm and patience)

Do either of you or anyone know how to put in the exercise trackers? When creating my sig becomes an option i'll want to do one of those too i think.

thanks for the comments, Ailey
Old 05-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #10  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

you might be right by the one or the other .. i can remember readint aout it in the help forum.. and hope it is one or the other..that makes it very easy to get going..

i got my exercise tracker at ticker factory you make it the style you want then copy the code into your signature .. i prefer teh ticker factory tickers becuase you can click on them and see a graph of your weight loss as well as all your past checkin as long as you save them.. as for goals eveyone is different.. I did this goal a long time ago and im still working to it which at times gets very tedious.. so the next one is gonna be a 5 pound goal... but im determined to reach this b4 i chnage to 5 punds this first goal after this one will be 265 and then go down in 5s from there. i have been working in this same goal since november lol.. so Im sick of not making it to it ..

Last edited by amouse; 05-21-2008 at 05:21 AM.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote