Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:23 AM   #76  
Pending Email Confirmation

mmmmmmmmmmmm Christian Bale.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #77  
ugggg.....

mmmm, Christian Bale, Johnny Depp.....

My 19 year old daughter and I are going to start having a lunch and matinee day at least one Friday a month. Our first pick wasn't good. My husband HATES horror movies and I love them, so daughter and I went to see Black Christmas. She actually apologised for picking it. I pick next and it's between the Holiday & Night at the Museum. There are not alot we feel we "have" to see right now. If there is nothing at the movies, we may just pick up a DVD. There is a movie that was previewed that is about werewolves that is on her pick list when it opens. I also saw a preview on the internet of Sandra Bullocks next movie with Julian? (played Phoebe's demon husband in Charmed & is in Nip/Tuck now) add him to my mmmmmmmm list.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #78  

We saw one that just came out in a few theaters and probably will mostly play in art house theaters.. but if you get the chance you should see it. It's called Pan's Labyrinth. The basis is a girl who travels w/ her pregnant mother to live with her new and very unpleasant step father. She becomes a part of a fairy tale (you decide if it's meant to be real or not) to escape the harsh realities in her world. It's based in Spain 1944 during or just after the war and it is subtitled.
My best descriptions are breathtaking and heartbreaking. It was really the best piece of art I've seen in a while.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #79  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks for the review of Pan's Labyrinth. I read an article on it in a Horrorzine called Rue Morgue and it sounded really interesting.

I enjoyed the movie The Devil's Backbone which from the same director so I will definitely see this one!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #80  

Lizziness - I saw Pan's Labyrinth on the weekend - it was great - and it was exactly how you described it - breathtaking and heartbreaking.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #81  

so glad you enjoyed it.

not new, but i was in a mood and rewatched Bridget Jone's Diary. that movie always makes me smile.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #82  

On Saturday night we watched Silent Hill which was okay, but not great, and then we watched Night Watch which was great! It's a Russian Horror/action film and I would highly recommend it.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #83  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

We watched Little Miss Sunshine the other night. It was rather funny. A bit odd, but good. We both really enjoyed it.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #84  
Big fat engine that could

S/C/G: 204/200/160

Height: 5'7"

I just found out that Pan's Labyrinth will play at the (relatively) local indie theatre towards the end of Feb., and this makes me absolutely happy.

I also saw that "The Painted Veil" will be playing there the week before - never heard of it, but it looks good (then again, Edward Norton makes anything look good...). Anyone heard about it/seen it?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #85  

I heard about it, and watched an interview on Charlie Rose with Edward Norton. It does look very good. I'd like to see it.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #86  

Height: 5'

Talking

My boyfriend and I watched "Idiocracy" for the second time over the weekend. It's frightening but it's a subject near and dear to our hearts - the Dumbing Down of America. I'd already seen "Little Miss Sunshine" but he hadn't and absolutely fell in love with it.

Planning to catch the new John Travolta film - John Travolta and William H. Macy and Ray Liotta - gotta love it!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #87  
Cute & Fluffy

We saw Premonition last weekend. It was a decent movie. A fun way to spend 2 hours.

I am excited because Babel is being sent to us next on our Netflix queue. The last one we watched was Moonlight Mile. Well, ok I never finished it. It just couldn't keep my attention. The bf finished it, and said it was just ok.

A few of the other ones we saw recently -
Flushed Away - Really kinda cute. A fun cartoon.
The Prestige - LOVED IT! But you can't really go wrong with Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, David Bowie, & Chris Nolan.
Crank - A bit violent, but really cool to watch. I loved the way it was filmed.
The Illusionist - Good. I like Ed Norton, and this was a well done movie. But I did like the Prestige better.

Last edited by squeaker; 03-23-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #88  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

My hubby and I went to see "300" Mojnday night! It was very different. Their bodies were "RIPPED". Forget 6 pack, they had a whole dozen. WOW! Neither of us really enjoyed it.
Hugs to all
Virginia
Old 03-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #89  

wow. we either haven't been watching any movies, or we've been too busy to talk about them.

Ice Age: Meltdown - cute movie. like the first one better though.
Running with Scissors - if you like random weird movies, you'll enjoy it. Ran a little longer than it probably needed to, but there were a lot of moments that had me laughing at the bizzareness. Has a Royal Tannebaums/Harold and Maude sort of feel to it.
The Holiday: pure drivel. I love Jude Law so much, and I like Kate Winslet... the plot of the movie was fine, but I found the dialog and acting somewhat lacking to say the least. It's a fluffy chick flick and even if you like these, this one might make you roll your eyes.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #90  
Cute & Fluffy

Probably a little bit of both Lizziness.

Last night we watched Babel. Wow. It was a really good movie. The acting was great. There were a few times my BF & I were so into the movie, we talked to the screen.

We also watched Sherrybaby. That one was interesting. Maggie Gylenhal(sp?) normally does a good job. A bit sad though.

Tadpole - This one I thought was rather odd, but well done. A kid falls for his stepmother, but sleeps with her best friend. It was a decent movie.
Closed Thread