Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #16  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Lizzi - at least you have the appointments scheduled!

Hello to the rest of the Alternachicks!

I am here. Busy when I am at work. And tired most of the rest of the time. At home yesterday and today with strep throat. Other then that, everything is ok.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Aj - that sounds like some pretty cool software

Squeak - eek - Strep throat! Hope you are feeling better today.

Princess - there are several types of yoga but I'm not sure what all of them are or what the differences are since I've just started dabbling myself. I think Bikram is a series of poses done in a heated room is supposed to be good for your muscles and help flush toxins from the body. I've also heard of Ashtanga, Kundalini and Iyengar but don't know much about them. May have to do some research on this now
Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'6

I have never tried yoga.. I figure I will have to lose some more weight before i try it.. I guess... Weather here is very odd.. Warm then hot then cool then warm. Ick. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

i tried a yoga video once. it ended up in me laughing hysterically on the floor. i think in person would be better, having someone there to actually show you how to do the moves.
a coworker just loaned me her pilates dvd's and i'm going to give those a try. hopefully there is more instruction.
my work is doing a pretty cool challenge. you get into groups of like 10 people and the challenge is to do enough exercise to "swim" from one branch to another, in this case from our oregon office to japan. it's so cool, each amount of exercise equals a certain amount of miles toward your goal. any team that makes it in the allotted time gets a t-shirt, and the one to make it first gets another prize. they are also doing weekly challenges, like this week the challenge is to eat a balanced breakfast and each day you do you earn more miles toward your goal. i think it's such a great idea, especially since we sit on our asses all day and everyone jokes about the 20 lbs you gain when you start working here.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Regarding yoga, I've heard a few people talk about "Just My Size Yoga"....I'm thinking about trying it, as my B/F's dvd is a bit too advanced for my fata$$.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #21  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Yoga? Pilates? ,... too far advanced for me just yet. Maybe someday! Does co-ordination come with losing weight. I hope so! I have too left feet, and everything else for that matter.
Virginia
Old 02-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #22  

Yes it does - your body gets stronger and with practicing these two (yoga and pilates) you become more flexible and your balance gets better. When I started bellydancing and pilates I could not stand on one foot without falling over now I can do it no problem!

I always felt like I had two left feet until I started bellydancing.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I can't wait until I lose about 50 more pounds, and start bellydancing. I wanna feel sexy for once....
Old 02-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #24  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Yes it does - your body gets stronger and with practicing these two (yoga and pilates) you become more flexible and your balance gets better. When I started bellydancing and pilates I could not stand on one foot without falling over now I can do it no problem!

I always felt like I had two left feet until I started bellydancing.
Hmmmmm I'm still waiting for the coordination fairy to visit me. I think she got lost!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

heh. i know the feeling. even when i was skinny i was uncoordinated. my ballet teacher when i was about 5 years old let my mom know that i was not... suited... to ballet. i blame being left handed. (nothing is my fault of course *LOL*)
Old 02-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #26  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Hi all! Been absorbed in the house planning - this is going to take forever I can tell, so much research, but by the time it is all done and we actually get to start building it should go pretty fast.

The weather was just awesome but freeking cold there for a while, as much as I dread more rain (living in mud city as I do) it is nice to not have to burn a cord of wood each day to keep the house above 60. Drafty tin can that we live in.

It has rained off and on for a few days now - started sun afternoon with a very warm wind that came through and it was almost 70 on sunday. Sun is out today.

I weighed myself on Valentines and was down 2 more lbs, official WI is tommorrow - will see if I got that other 3. Feels like I did. My jeans are loose out of the dryer and I am fitting in to pants I havent worn in 3 years.

My latest success is attributed to keeping very busy with plannning the house and of course the weight training with hubby that we do at least twice a week.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #27  

I'm still feeling tired, fluey and rubbish oh well. Once I get my routine back down (new semester new classes) I'm going to hit the gym some more. Any tips on finding me a tall dark and handsome man. I'm a mature student and its impossible to meet someone my own age or seems that way and I just have nothing in common with 22 year old lads really. I'm only a few years older but its such a difference
Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #28  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Hey all,

I'm finally feeling healthy this week! :happy dance: My back is back to it's normal mode of only occasionally protesting, I'm over the last round of colds & my game foot seems to have finally healed. (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

I'm with you AJ on the weather. We've had the same thing up here in Washington, a month of rain followed by that stretch of sunny but FREEZING and then back to rain and wind. By some miracle I see sun out the window right now and yet it's above 40 degrees.
I hope nobody scares it away before my lunch walk!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #29  

Closing this month's thread and starting the March chat thread.
Closed Thread