Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Oh poor Tani! I know how you feel - my hubby had a cold all weekend and this morning I think I feel the first signs of it. This is really gonna blow because even though I work at home I have animals to care for when DH is on the road - so if this cold takes hold of me and I have to drag my butt out in the rain to feed horses with a head spinning chest congested nose dripping cold - I wont be happy. So I flat refuse to acknowledge it. LOL

Anyway it could just be that morning phlemn so will see how I feel tomorrow. It would figure that I would get sick - If I am gonna do it - I usually catch it right after DH is done with it. And we are suppose to start doing weight training this week so naturally I wont feel like it.

Fingers crossed - taking a zinc - later ladies!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #17  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Thanks guys, & my fingers are crossed for you AJ!

Alas, this thing is just really getting it's grips on me. I think my sinuses and eyes are infected now. I can barely see they're so swollen shut and full of ickiness. (what the heck!) I'm hitting the doctor's office after work.

I told my husband that I'm moving to the spare room the next time he brings something home!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #18  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Man, you sound awful Tani! I wish I could blame DH but he cant help that he works around people. Our first winter here niether of us got sick since I work at home and DH wasnt working. All weekend he kept reminding me that I must want his cold - I am very affectionate and kept forgetting he isnt kissable when sick. He practically had to beat me off with a stick! He says "you must really want this cold" and I said "no, just you".

A hot steamy shower - very hot - following a strong dose of decongestant and antihistamine - then after your shower, make your favorite hot drink and spike it with your favorite spirit and then toss in a good pain killer for fun and go to bed.

Sleep is the cure - the rest just gets you to sleep.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #19  
Is it Friday yet?

Good afternoon dahlings,

To all you sickies, I hope you feel better soon!

I was heading BACK to WW this afternoon (after a few years hiatus) but need to attend to legal biz with my mom's attorney - just re-doing some things after my stepfather's passing. So, I'm going next week, but am starting back on the wagon TODAY!

Thanks for the congrats! Baby is doing just fine, but I really wish I could get down to see my new nephew! Too much snow in the passes to make it a safe trip though.... He's slowly gaining weight, it off all IV fluids and is only breathing with a nasal cannula (sp?) now pure room oxygen - nothing more. So far, so good! I'll be down to see him when he goes home - probably some time in March.

Ok, should get some work done. Take care everyone!

Terri
Old 01-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Glad to hear that your nephew is improving - sending some healing vibes his way

Gee- Tani thats sounds horrible, take care and get some rest - you too Aj!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #21  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi all!! well, 2006 is starting out a bit rough here, but DH and I had a 2 night getaway (I LOVE Hotwire!!) over the weekend, and HOPEFULLY that is the beginning of the REST of 2006!! We were so sick the week before that we rested most of the time, but it was great.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #22  

That's great Den Sounds like you needed the getaway

Nothing new here, stress at work - way too busy for January

I have managed to get part of my missions for 2006 started though - I was supposed to read at least one book per month and I have managed 2 so far
Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #23  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!
I just rejoined 3FC - LONG time ago I used to hang out here. Hope you don't mind if i jump in again?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #24  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Hi all!

Hello again to Renee. Congrats on the mini goal Mauv!

Well I did end up with a cold and had a rotten week - especially the weekend - since I wanted to rest and DH decided to do inside projects basically bugging the heck out of me. But the good news is that last night I finally slept through the whole night and feel much better today.

I took a peek at the scale over the weekend and seem to be holding steady - couse miss flow will be along any day so there may be hope for a loss after that.

This was one of those - "I am starving" colds - but nothing tasted or sounds good when your all stuffed up so I really didnt eat much - not any more than normal anyway.

DH started working out again last weekend and now that I feel better I can join him.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #25  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Real fly by post!

Hi! I am still alive. Be back later...
Old 01-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #26  
tch'd by his noodly appdg

I generally have a hard time just jumping in to forums, but what the heck, I really like this place so far, and this forum especially!

My dh and I went to Austin this weekend, and I've discovered having to go out of town suddenly kinda makes sticking with my diet a bit difficult. And to top it off it was for a memorial service which happened to be a potluck, so I fell a bit off the wagon. Most of the food there was really yummy and perfectly acceptable food for me, but then there was the oatmeal cookies and the Kahlua chocolate sauce that I didn't do so well at resisting...
And at funeral type events is one of the only times I find actual comfort in food. I've heard people say it's about affirming life and liveliness in the face of death, and that seems to make sense.

The dh and I are also quitting smoking! Yay! I'm down to about 5 a day, which is just really great, and I have the date of January31st set as the day of my very last cigarette. I will be officially smoke free February 1st.
I quit smoking for 4 years when I was pregnant and having kids, until a few months after my 2nd was born. It was silly for me to start again.

I want to get bikes and a bike rack and helmets, etc, as a "prize" for quitting with all the $$ we'll save.

Today is my one year anniversary at my job and I got a cheesy certificate...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #27  

Congratulations on cutting back on the smoking Keep up the good work!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #28  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi. I would like to start posting here if that's ok? Hopefully I will be faithful about posting and since this is only my 2nd post anywhere on this board, I'm not sure if I'm even doing this right! I will go over and post a bio in a few but just a quick synopsis. I live in Southern California. I am 44 yrs old, married with 3 children, 21 yr old twin boys and a 15 yr old boy. I work nights and have for about 15 years. I am not very computer savvy, I just get by with the basics. Anyway, hope to get back here often and get to know everyone.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #29  

Welcome Greatchoice!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #30  

Good morning all!

Well winter seems to be back again this morning (snow and freezing rain today) - oh well, can't really expect any signs of spring until at least mid March up where I am

I can't believe it is the end of the month already - January seems to have flown by
Closed Thread