Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Christmas Challenge chat -Week 10

Onto week 10 of our challenge!

How is everyone doing these days? Anyone have any thoughts and ideas on how to deal with the upcoming round of Christmas parties and family gatherings?

I have basically had an "ah to heck with it!" attitude for the last week or so but I am dtermined to get back on track this week.

I am starting by keeping my journal faithfully and drinking more water at work. I am going to cut back on bread this week too since I have been eating sandwiches for lunch out of convenience - back to salads!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm doing great, thank you! This is my fourth day OP.
Pull yourself together, darling.

Christmas ideas... I'm going to wear a really tight tummy tucker during parties/get togethers. That'll stop me from eating too much.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ahhh the tummy tucker. I remember when I used to wear a size 27 inch tucker. Now, I would need to hook two of them bad boys together to make it work! hahahahha

I don't have a strategy yet, but I know I better get one in place soon or it will be bad. I have a New Years Eve wedding to attend and I need to look GOOD!!!!!

Tiki
Old 11-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #4  

ellis - good strategy, if you can't breathe you can't eat!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  

I weighed in last night and am happy to say that I lost 1.5 lbs
Old 11-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Morning guys... today is the end of week one on Phase one of SBD... Well I would like to say I stayed OP all week...

Yeah that is what I would like to say but last night I was not too good when I got home from work. Didn't manage to get dinner in so I ate some pistachios?sp? and ate some sugar free chocolate when I got home. Could of been a worse binge but I don't like eating that late even if it is good food. I think I would of been down more this AM if I hadn't of eaten.

Well I am down a total of 6.5 pounds since starting this challenge that is as of my Sunday weight I didn't want to weigh this morning due to last nights Salt and sugar free. So I will stick with Sunday's weight. So that is 10.5 still to go by Christmas. maybe, maybe.

Hope all are well. Have to finish getting ready for work.

Amy
Old 11-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  

Strategy

1. Stay the heck away from the gatherings to begin with.
2. Take my DH with you, he will make you not eat- believe me he can do that.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjo01
2. Take my DH with you, he will make you not eat- believe me he can do that.
How much does he charge?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:10 AM   #9  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi all! Congrats on the weight loss Mauvaisroux and Amyjo.

I had a good feeling last night. I had just been complaining yesterday to the girls at work that even though I have lost weight I STILL haven't gone down a size. Well I went shopping last night and apparently I am down a size! Woo hooo! I was a little surprised. I grabbed my regular size (I'm not afraid to admit that its an 18) and it was too big! Yeah! Even XL tops were too big. It just made my day.

So now I have to work at keeping this weight loss and adding to it. I have to increase my exercise (which has fallen off to only 1-2 days a week) and starting eating some veggies!! My body is gonna freak out! haha haha Ellis I love your idea of the waist sincher. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about holiday parties. We're having 1 at work on Monday. Luckily most of the things are fairly healthy and we will have enough people around to eat that I won't want to eat too much in front of everyone. I'm making pumkin pie (which I do not like myself) to contribute. I'm tempted to make a low sugar option I found in Prevention magazine for a pumpkin cake. But they might freak out if it doesn't taste sugary. Ok, I've talked enough. Hope you're all doing well. We are making positive changes for the rest of our lives. Take care!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:39 PM   #10  

Way to go Amyjo and Shoequeen

I am planning to make WW friendly dishes for Christmas dinner this year and to stick to drinking red wine and skipping the usual holiday cocktails.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 AM   #11  

He doesn't charge Ellis, he is annoying for free.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjo01
He doesn't charge Ellis, he is annoying for free.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #13  

Good evening everyone!! glad to see some of us are keeping OP, cause it has not been me...Anyone want to know what you have to eat to gain 8 pounds in one week? cause I know first hand. Most of it is gone now but when I stepped on that scale at the time I almost cried. My choice for handling the holidays is ask Santa to take all the carbs out of everything with his santa magic for two weeks. Think it will work?

When at a restaurant I always ask the waiter remove all the carbs from whatever I am having, pizza, pasta, bread as well as rice.

Have a great night everyone, will post more tomorrow when I am one hundred percent OP and have not had dimsum yet again for lunch!

Dale
Old 11-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #14  

awww Trixi That sucks! I am sure you will do better this week.

amyjo - Annoying for free..... Sounds like my DH!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:58 AM   #15  

Dale, good tip for restaurant eating! I'm sorry about the 8 pounds... I've had that happen, too.
Closed Thread