3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick chat May 2+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/40144-alternachick-chat-may-2-a.html)

Noodles913 05-11-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugirrl1
it is hotter than hades here hope everyone is having a good day.
Noodles, u feeling any better?

No. :(

I told hubby to bring home the hottest salsa he could find from our local mexican food place. I dont usually eat the hot stuff but when I feel yecky it sometimes helps to "clean out the system" so to speak and I feel better later. We shall see...

Goddess Jessica 05-11-2004 07:57 PM

Mrs. Renfro's Habenero Salsa. I love hot stuff but this stuff is pure HEAT! I used to put it in with two pounds of ground beef & taco seasoning and a bunch of velveeta ("vegetarian spam") in a crock pot and serve with tortilla chips. Yep, it sure was healthy.

blugirrl1 05-11-2004 08:24 PM

i love hot. spicy hotter than hot. Goddess you shoulda seen hubby's face the day he found my container of dried habenero's. mm what's this honey as he popped it in his mouth. wrong of me to laugh at his pain but oh did i.

Noodles, sorry you feel bad still. feel better. :)

ellis 05-11-2004 08:59 PM

Noodles, how about garlic? I'm sick... my trainer just called, and told me to eat raw garlic, so I had some in a toasted sandwich.
Get better soon, hon.

hannah_phi 05-12-2004 01:25 AM

I always go straight for the wasabi when I'm feeling icky. Miso soup and ginger also do great things for the system. Okay, so I use being sick as a good excuse for sushi, but I really do feel so much better afterwards. :rofl:

Teufelchen 05-12-2004 12:50 PM

Noodles - sorry to hear your under the weather. :rain:

By-the- by, I just loved your mother's day balloons. I could use some lessons on posting all those cool icons and stuff. I'm such a novice. :o

It's funny how hot stuff does make you feel better. And Hannah, I agree suishi is always good and so low cal to boot. I had 12 pieces of suishi yesterday for a mere 6 points (WW). Although they didn't give me enough wasabi. :lol:

Noodles913 05-13-2004 01:55 AM

Aww thanks girls for the warm fuzzies!! :thanks: I still am not feeling right but I feel a bit better than I did. I think there was honey in the homemade BBQ Sauce for the ribs and that's why I got sick so bad... I was broken out everywhere, itchy, stomach PO'ed at me, etc... I am allergic to honey. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with, other than it's an arthritis flare-up. Maybe both with my luck. :shrug:

Anyhow, I did manage to get out and bowl tonight. We had a roll-off for league championship. And to think all this time I thought we had won it!!! Ahh well..We managed to win the roll off anyhow and took 1st place after all. Tuesday is our banquet and we'll get our goodies then. Yay! Then I will be scarce the weekend of May 21, 22, 23, & 24th as I will be out of town judging our Western Open Regionals. I got my certification #, pin, and T-shirt finally. YAY!!

Tonight I managed to pick up 2 mini-rose bushes for 99 cents! Clearance!! Now I just need to nurse them back to health. :lol:

How's everoyne else!! Hope O.K. :grouphug: I shall return!! :wave:

hannah_phi 05-13-2004 02:17 AM

I'm so stoked! DBF and I got a bike for me for my Birthday!!! Yay!!! (Hmm... no bicycling smilie?) My B-day isn't for another week and a half, but he's been running long distances by himself, so we figured it would be good for both of us if I rode along. Tomorrow we're going on a seven mile ride/run (me riding, him running). I really like the bike, it is light, comfortable and good colors (silver and black).
Whoops, I think I'm bragging, so I'll stop, but I'm just so excited!

ellis 05-13-2004 09:04 AM

Hannah, that's wonderful! What a great gift!! :cp:

Noodles, glad you're starting to feel better, hon. :)

Noodles913 05-13-2004 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
Noodles, glad you're starting to feel better, hon. :)

:thanks: Ellis Dearling!!! :smug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah_phi
I'm so stoked! DBF and I got a bike for me for my Birthday!!! Yay!!! (Hmm... no bicycling smilie?)

Per your request...this is the only one I could find...naughty bicyclers!! :lol:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...fighting57.gif

Have a nice day and thank you for shopping at bicyclesmilies.com.!!
:lol3:

(I've lost my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :hyper:

Teufelchen 05-13-2004 12:33 PM

Noodles - congrats for your bowling success. You go girl!!! :cp:

It does sound like it might have been an allergic reaction. 'nuff already - you've had enough on your plate lately. Oh....loved the tric smilie. Too funny.

Hannah - what a wonderful gift. It's great that now you can exercise together each in his/her own way. AND...... Happy Early Birthday!!! :hb:

Noodles913 05-13-2004 08:20 PM

Happy Early Birthday, Hannah!!

:thanks: Teufelchen!! My bowling isn't that great though... I carry a 158 average. My husband on the other hand has almost a 200 average!! Brat. :p I am going to get a new ball this next season though; my 13 pounder is too light now.

Yeah, http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign72.gif Early, Hannah!!
:gift:

Leenie 05-13-2004 08:38 PM

Noodles 13 lb balls :fr:

Noodles913 05-13-2004 08:41 PM

LOL Leenie!! :rofl:

Didn't ya know I carry 2 around in my bowling bag?? ;) A spare ball and my regular ball. Heavy things to lug around I tell ya!! :lol3:

Noodles913 05-14-2004 10:55 AM

Happy Friday!!

:coffee2: Good Morning Folks!! Going to be 96° here and :sunny: !!!

Where is everybody??? I know yer out there!!! Speak up!! :coach:

I have a busy day...Have to run a bazillion errands, then off to dinner and ball game with some friends. Thank goodness hubby gets off early. He gets the title of "Mr. Chauffeur". I still can't drive yet or I would go yard saling!! Pfooey!!! I am going to try to get on the "morning" schedule this week. I have a tournament to judge next Saturday and my butt drags when I don't get enough sleep the night before. 10 hours + 1000+ screaming kids = EARPLUGS!!! :yikes: But I really enjoy the tournaments/judging...I wouldn't do this if I didn't.

Have a good day everybody!! Here's a cute smiley for ya...
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/love/love68.gif

Teufelchen 05-14-2004 12:32 PM

Wow Noodles - I couldn't keep up with you. Enjoy your hectic weekend.

I'm going over to my mom's for dinner and that's the highlight of this weekend. I really need to get stuff done around the house, both in and out. Sigh.

SeekInnerThinChick 05-14-2004 12:41 PM

Please fasten your seat belts, we will entering Weird Space immediately...

Quote:

I would go yard saling!!
It took me about 10 seconds to process that sentence-- I was trying to figure out how you could sail a boat over someone's lawn... I was at the point of imagining little wheels on the boat, like a desert sail board, and then I finally got it... :dizzy:

blugirrl1 05-14-2004 01:17 PM

Seek :lol3:

Hannah, what a cool gift. i haven't biked in ages. the last time i tried i ran into a horse and buggy and a person walking all in the same week, so my old roomie took my bike away.

just been same old same old blah around here. but i did get a new kitten. :) he is a cutie but my big boy is extemely pissed off right now.between the kitten mews, the cat growls and hisses and the bickering kids i want some calgon.

Noodles913 05-14-2004 01:33 PM

Lol!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekInnerThinChick
It took me about 10 seconds to process that sentence-- I was trying to figure out how you could sail a boat over someone's lawn... I was at the point of imagining little wheels on the boat, like a desert sail board, and then I finally got it... :dizzy:

:lol3: You crack me up Seek!!!!!!!!!! I mentioned your name in the maintainers "Update on Noodles" thread...

Heather: I WANNA SEE THE KITTEN!!!!!!!! Baby kitties!!! Awwwwwwwwwww..
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...1/animal47.gif

hannah_phi 05-14-2004 02:01 PM

Thanks for the B-Day wishes! I can't believe that in a week I'll be 27. This time I'm not having a crisis over my age though.
I really love the bike. I've had a bike for a while, but it was an old heavy thing withmessed up gears that had me worn out in three miles of riding. Yesterday I rode six out of eight miles with my BF. I wasn't tired, but my knee started to hurt, so I sat out the middle two miles while he went out and back. It was great. Then, when we got back to the apartment I was able to carry the bike up to our third floor apartment. I couldn't even get my old bike up the first flight of stairs. I'm a bit, ahem, saddle sore today, but I can't wait to go back out again.

Heather: I ran into a parked Mercedes once, boy was that embarassing when the alarm went off.
I want to see kitten pictures too!

Seek: "Yard saling", too funny, I read things wrong like that all the time! There's a billboard here in town that advertises a fishing pond, but all it says is, "Ahh, the laughter of children... I got one! I got one!" and the name of the place really small at the bottom. It has taken me the longest time to not be disturbed by it.

Noodles: I love that bicycle smilie, hopefully that won't be me though :lol: .

Noodles913 05-14-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah_phi

Heather: I ran into a parked Mercedes once, boy was that embarassing when the alarm went off.
I want to see kitten pictures too!

Noodles: I love that bicycle smilie, hopefully that won't be me though :lol: .

I got hit by a car at 45 MPH trying to save a cat...Does that count?? :lol: Although I don't think I set off the ladys alarm. I just cracked her windshield!! :yikes:

mauvaisroux 05-14-2004 04:34 PM

Happy Birthday Hannah! :hb:

Noodles913 05-15-2004 08:50 AM

Good Morning!!

Well I had a nice time at the ball game. We went to see the Tucson Sidewinders play. They are the triple A league for the Diamondbacks. I managed to score a frisbee and 4 more tickets for a later game. I'll invite my soul-cousin and his G/F to the next game. We always have a ball. :smug:

I did o.k. with the eats. I had a BBQ Beef sandwich and cole slaw & some kettle popcorn & lots of water of course. Then we went to the night swap meet and walked around for 1½ hours. I scored on the vegetables there. Bought 4 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, 1 head of lettuce, & 2 avocados for $5.25!! The tomatoes would cost me that alone at the grocery store. Plus the veggies at the swappers seem a bit fresher than the grocery store ones. By the time we left, I had sucha bad headache from my eyes that I came home and went straight to bed. They are healing better & faster than expected so they are outgrowing the temporary glasses I have.

So my "trying to get back on the morning schedule" is semi-working. Although I only slept from 11:30 am till 4:30 am. Today my only plans are to clean the rat cages and take the kid to the kid ID fair. Hopefully I can talk the hubby into some tennis later. :D If not then I'll just go for a walk and a swim. I'm starting to get "flappy" again...can't let that happen!! No No!! :no:

Have a good day/weekend all!!! Drink your water. :)

blugirrl1 05-15-2004 03:20 PM

Noodles, is the swap meet like the farmer's markets? sounds like a great veggie deal.
Hannah, no grumbling i turn 30 in less days than i have fingers and toes. :p

well today i took the kids to the america kid day sponsered by the fire dept. needless to say waaaaaaaaay to many kids, crammed into this teeny building i was starting to get clausterphobic. well let me see if i can get kittie pics on here for you guys. :)
well i tried but it says my file is too large. anybody know how to fix that?

Noodles913 05-15-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugirrl1
Noodles, is the swap meet like the farmer's markets? sounds like a great veggie deal.
Hannah, no grumbling i turn 30 in less days than i have fingers and toes. :p

well today i took the kids to the america kid day sponsered by the fire dept. needless to say waaaaaaaaay to many kids, crammed into this teeny building i was starting to get clausterphobic. well let me see if i can get kittie pics on here for you guys. :)
well i tried but it says my file is too large. anybody know how to fix that?

Heather:

If ya send em' to me I'll fix them for ya and then zap them back to you so you can post them. Its hard to explain how to fix it. I just know it by click here click there and 10 clicks later. :lol:

The swap meet is like farmers market and flea market combined. It's great & the best part is..it's at night!!! I enjoy browsing all of the junk and new stuff and fresh fruits and veggies. :)

hannah_phi 05-16-2004 12:21 AM

Heather, in my mind I do know that 27 is no big deal, but there's this big myth that I'm sure a lot of y'all have heard of. Lots of famous people died when they were 27. Granted, they were mostly overdoses and suicides, but amongst my friends and I, we always thought it was kind of "uncool" to live past 27. One of my friends killed himself last year. He was 27, I've always wondered if that was part of it. Anyway, I guess there's something melancholy about turning 27 for me. On the other hand I'm excited about coming into a new year of life. I have things pretty well together. I should be graduating in Fall. I guess if I had met myself now when I was in High School I would have thought I was pretty cool, but I wouldn't have believed I would be where I am. Okay, no more grumbling ;) from me.

Goddess Jessica 05-16-2004 01:51 PM

Hannah -
I had the same problem but with 25. :)
I turned 27 last year (I turn 28 this month). 27 was pretty cool. I hope 28's better. Although someone told me about "Saturn Returning." Here's what you have to look forward to:

Many of us approach our thirtieth birthdays with anxiety, even dread. We start looking for gray hairs and paying attention to ads for wrinkle creams. We question whether we are climbing the career ladder quickly enough. We hear the biological clock ticking loudly and worry that soon we will be too old to bear children.

Astrologers call the period between ages twenty-eight and thirty "Saturn Return." That's because it's the first time the planet Saturn completes its cycle through your birth chart and returns to the spot it occupied when you were born. Internationally respected astrologer Rob Hand calls Saturn Return "one of the most important times in your life. . . a time of endings and new beginnings."

For most of us, ending a phase of life that is familiar and embarking on one that is new and untried is unsettling, even painful. Few people describe Saturn Return as a pleasant period. While undergoing your Saturn Return you may find yourself turning inward and reflecting on your individual destiny. You examine your true needs and desires and the role you want to play on the world's stage. You may feel lonely and alienated from those around you, while family and friends think you are shutting them out. But this is a necessary period of consolidation, when you must retreat from the distractions of the outer world and focus on yourself at your most fundamental level. The Saturn Return is every individual's search for the Holy Grail.

hannah_phi 05-17-2004 12:07 AM

Thanks Goddess :yes:, I definitely needed to see something like that. I had a really tough time with 25 too. The grey hairs thing doesn't get to me though, would you believe I started dye-ing my hair when I was 16 because I started getting them. Now I don't dye, I wear them as a badge of honor. I also use them to make my students think I am much older than them ;) .

Anyways, I had a few bad moments yesterday, but I'm in a really good mood today. I talked to my Dad and he's flying me out for a family week in the Poconos in July. :cb: He's also thinking about footing the bill for a road trip to my cousin's Bar Mitzva in August, so that both DBF md I can go! Yay Dad! :cheer:

SeekInnerThinChick 05-17-2004 11:57 AM

Tsk, tsk, girls, come on now. Melancholy in your 20's? Please. Wait until you can play hackeysack with your tits. Now that's sad. :lol:

tikanique 05-17-2004 01:31 PM

I didn't freak about turning 30 at all. My brother never saw 30 - died at age 29. That kind of helps me keep it all in perspective. We will see what 40 brings when it gets here in a couple more years.

Tiki.

Noodles913 05-17-2004 03:59 PM

I summed up turning 30 as this:

Old enough to know better now..

Old enough to realize now...material stuff isn't worth it. Friends & Family are.

Young enough to keep the kid in me alive. :D

I have 7 more years until I turn 40. That should be interesting...I look forward to it though. I really do. :smug: I always look forward to the different changes in life. Better than not looking at all... :lol:

blugirrl1 05-17-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekInnerThinChick
Tsk, tsk, girls, come on now. Melancholy in your 20's? Please. Wait until you can play hackeysack with your tits. Now that's sad. :lol:

I have been doing that for years now :lol:
i am not really too upset about turning 30. for some reason maiden never suited me mother is a good phase, and i think i will finally come into my own when i reach crone stage.
I am just upset because hubby is going to be out of town, so i will be by myself.

Hannah : all right for dad coming through. Poconos sounds fun.

Angel : I will send you the pics when i get camera back from hubby in the am. on the kitty front Nugs is finally over being P.O.ed about Ziggy now he is trying to play, only Zigs is so tiny it doesn't work to well. and for such a little thing he can be heard all over house.
well this week is devoted to research paper ( which has to be near perfect , I am not losing that 4.0 that i am managing to tough out so far:) ) and tons of :tread: .
I had to go to :mcd: today and was such a good girl no :burger: for me i got the adult happy meal. yep the salad was good but i really got it because i wanted the toy;)
hope everyone had a good weekend. :flow1:

hannah_phi 05-18-2004 02:39 AM

Heather: Keep up the good work on your research paper!
I was curious about the :mcd: adult Happy Meal, does it come with a pedometer? Does the pedometer seem like a good one?

Well, it turns out I may not have been as upset about my b-day as I thought. I started my . today, so it was probably mostly PMS. Thanks for all the support and perspective y'all. I'm ready for it now and I've decided the 27 will be my most fit year of my adult life so far. That gets me excited. I plan to look better at 27 than I did at 17. :cool:

blugirrl1 05-18-2004 10:32 AM

Hannah. What a great way to think about it. Go you. :)
it comes with a stepometer. nothing fancy but seems pretty decent it just counts yoru step. i figure that they prob. won't last too long but i figure once a week, instead of indulging in fast food with hubby i will get a happy meal :)

SeekInnerThinChick 05-18-2004 01:05 PM

Yep, go Hannah, go Heather. Although they're going to have to put a little Transformer or a dinosaur in the adult Happy Meal before I go for it. Maybe a water pistol. And I miss my slingshot-- I made my last one out of my Barbie doll.

mauvaisroux 05-18-2004 03:46 PM

Seek- "And I miss my slingshot-- I made my last one out of my Barbie doll." :lol3: you are hilarious!

I am much happier in my 30's than I ever was in my early to mid 20s. I have huge attitude now as in ..." I am too old to take crap from anybody and I don't have to bother with the rest of the world if I don't want to and I don't have to care about stupid things that are insignificant in the long run! So nyeah! :p "

Turning 30 can either be a milestone or a millstone depending on your attitude. I personally found it very liberating! I am 30+...hear me roar! :lol:

Noodles913 05-18-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauvaisroux

I am much happier in my 30's than I ever was in my early to mid 20s. I have huge attitude now as in ..." I am too old to take crap from anybody and I don't have to bother with the rest of the world if I don't want to and I don't have to care about stupid things that are insignificant in the long run! So nyeah! :p "

Turning 30 can either be a milestone or a millstone depending on your attitude. I personally found it very liberating! I am 30+...hear me roar! :lol

Yeah...What she said. Ditto!! I don't take crap from people that I use to take crap from. After they realized they couldn't push my buttons anymore, they just faded off into someone elses life. Thank GOD!
:p

ellis 05-18-2004 08:19 PM

I am the coolest 39 year old EVER! :smoking:

mauvaisroux 05-18-2004 11:07 PM

Yeah - you are ellis! :D

Noodles913 05-19-2004 04:46 AM

Lookie What I Got!!

Well, tonight was our bowling banquet night and...I made off with a few "goodies" that I didn't expect!! :D

Hubby & I both took 1st Place League High Series Handicap--Received a Special Pin & Cash. I didnt think I won because the week before we were done bowling I got bumped back down to 2nd, but apparently I reclaimed my title at the last minute!! Yippee!! :cb:

We also took 1st Place in Team High Game Scratch, Team High Game Scratch Series, and Team Champions. We got cash for all of these and special League Champion pins for winning 1st place. I also have the chance to purchase the League Champion Ring. Oooo I'm going too. I won't see another one of these in a longggg time so I might as well soak it up now while I can. I'm going for the gold one you see there in the middle of the pic, but I am going to get my birthstone (sapphire) in the middle. I am trying to figure out the engraving. On 1 side I will have "Angel" & the other side "Noodles", but what to put on the inside?? Never had this kind of decision before..:chin: Maybe I will put I LOVE RATS inside. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../2/happy17.gif

I decided to go to Wally World after bowling and spend some of my loot. I have had my other fish tank set up and cycled since Sunday, so it was time to get a fish. Well I wanted a colorful one so I went and browsed the bettas. There was this beautiful blue one that kept swimming right up to me whenever I would walk by so I decided he was the one and took him home with me to his new palace in the water. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...2/animal09.gif I also bought some dark chocolate :chockiss:'s. Hey a bag lasts me almost 2 weeks so I deserve a little treat!! :smug:

Anyhow, here's a pic of my "loot". Hub ran off with some of the cash so...I only got part of it in there for ya. Time to rob his wallet.
<innocent blinking-eyes look here> http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../3/happy05.gif

http://www.bobplumb.com/modules/PNph...wling_loot.jpg