Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Default What Did You Do Good Today?

If I recall we had a thread like this once before just for posting pats on the back.

I can honestly say this past weekend was a hard food weekend for me. Friday night avoided anything I was not suppose to have including the multiple all you can drink and eat tables at the Mardi Gras Ball I was at. I was temped by chips and salsa at the Mexican restaurant Valentines, I had to make potatoe salad for the birthday party and we had chocolate cake and ice cream yesterday for DD and DS's birthday as well as they gourmet apples I got the kids for Valentines day and the 5 pound box of Twizzlers I got DH.

I didn't even taste any of it. Had DD come in and taste the potatoe salad to find out if it needed anything and cut the cake with out even licking my fingers. I have been OP for right at a month and I am excited although this weekend sucked and I whined alot!

Yeah! Me! Some days are easier than others.. especially when your asleep.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

amyjo! That was an amazing feat of self control!

This weekend I journalled and although I ate breakfast out and one lunch out this weekend I made sure that I did some kind of physical activity to make up for it.

I also packed a healthy lunch and dinner for work and pre WW meeting (since I go straight there from work).
Old 02-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #3  
Waisting away

Wow what self control Amyjo.

Give yourself a big pat on the back because you deserve it!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #4  
For my HEALTH...

Congrats AmyJo: Kudos for resisting Potato Salad!! That's always been a rough one to resist.

Mauvaisroux: Congrats on writing in your journal and your physical activity.

After looking in the frig and closets I realized I was just about out of EVERYTHING that helps me stick to the straight & narrow. ( I entered Panic Mode)

I dropped everything and immediately went to the store and stocked up on the items that help me with my eating plan.

I discovered I like the new Crystal Light called Sunrise (orange). It reminds me of orange juice. I also like the pinapple orange Crystal light. A few times this week they helped me overcome my sweet tooth urge.

I have also started Oxycise this week. Keeping my fingers crossed - I am a little sceptical about that one!
-Pookie (brand new alternachick)

Last edited by POOKIE88; 02-16-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Since it was so freaking cold this morning, I drove the kid to jump rope practice. Took the dog along too.

All of the pets got treats this morning too. Rats got Vanilla Ensure, Cat got Catnip, Dog got too much of everything, & fish got bloodworms. Sounds like it's "spoil the animals at Noodles house" day!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I cleaned the ashes out of the woodstove and polished up the glass door. Hershey and I have already walked down for the mail and newspaper.
I can do Dick-all for the rest of the day - or is it supposed to be Jane-all in order to be PC?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:49 AM   #7  

I had to buy my lunch out today but I went with a co-worker to this teeny italian cafe/takeout place near our office and had poached salmon and a side salad instead of a huge plate of pasta. It was delicious, healthy and cheap - only 7.95 and it came with potatoes, a side salad and a pop.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I cleaned out my filing cabinet. Now to get the stuff back in and get my paperwork ready for Taxes.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #9  

Blech... taxes
Old 02-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #10  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

I had the house to myself last night, so I had fun cooking! I made an authentic Tortilla Soup (got the ingredient list from the chef at the Palacio Azteca hotel in Tijuana, where the Lap Band patients stay the night before their surgery!) and then I threw together a batch of chicken-flavored Seitan and simmered it in a Mole sauce to die for!

I brought above mentioned items to work today to share with a coworker, the brave soul who asked the Palacio chef for the recipe, and my soup efforts were pronounced PERFECT in every way: appearance, aroma, texture and taste! Said coworker also was impressed with my fake chicken in the Mole sauce!

~VOW
Old 02-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #11  

I went out to lunch with a friend. Didn't touch the fries or any bread.
(bonus was I had no afternoon cravings when I got back to work)
My friend who ate the fries and bread was jonesing for carbs all afternoon and very tired. woo hoo for me!!! I feel good
Old 02-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #12  

Sounds yummy VOW

Good going Donna
Old 02-22-2004, 05:43 AM   #13  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

bought myself the tae bo, and a Walk away the pounds to try.
soon i will be posting on the exercise thread. a lot... lol

and have changed my hubby's diet some. let him pick lunch yesterday. and he made a comment that <gasp> he was putting cukes on a salad, and < huge double gasp here> getting a salad at a pizza buffet. I guess all the eating/cooking changes i have been making past couple of months are working.
Closed Thread