Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh. Ovarian cancer. Not good. I'm glad you got through it.
They still look incredibly cool. I bet they'd look really good in a holder, too.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #17  

Default Smoke signals....

Dina & Heather,
I quit smoking in 1990 for seven yrs. Then the kids got older and started going out more and picked them back up. Well, I'm happy to say I've been smoke free for just over a yr. I accomplished it the same way both times.
I just would set small goals. No smoking on the phone. Then I'd add no smoking in the car. I wasn't easy. Nothing worth while is. My dh still smokes as do 2 of my sons(they're in their 20's and think they are invinsable) Here's the kicker, my dh and I spend most of our free time hanging out in our bedroom on the pc's or watching tv(mostly during the wk after work) and he smokes all the time. So I can't get away from it. Also the gals I work with smoke and when we take a break they smoke. So I'm surrounded. I actually notice more & more the smell bothers me. Though once in a while it smells really good. But not worth one puff. Too easy to get sucked back in. Also the cost. For everyweek I didn't smoke I spent on me. Clothes, manicures whatever. Hard to beleive I can't stick to a diet
Old 02-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #18  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

DonnaD : that is a really good idea, going cold turkey is hard.. but i am working on it. at least i have cut way back. congratulations on quitting..
Old 02-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #19  

I've cut my smoking in half but I won't be satisfied until I quit for good. I'm so tired of the stinky smell and the morning cough. It's so hard but I'm going to win this battle.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:05 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamichele
I've cut my smoking in half but I won't be satisfied until I quit for good. I'm so tired of the stinky smell and the morning cough. It's so hard but I'm going to win this battle.

way to go i am not doing so good. but this has been a stressful week. but last night i chose to go to bed and read instead of sit up and drink with dh because i did not want to feel guilty about chain smoking..
Old 02-24-2004, 04:05 AM   #21  
fairy princess

I quit smoking three months ago. Cold turkey. I got a cold and only smoked half of my last cigarette-- it tasted like poo. I was never a heavy smoker, and not addicted to the nicotine, so I didn't get any physical withdrawal. (Sorry, I can't help you there!)

You could think of the cigarettes as a bad relationship. And you're breaking up with them. You're tired of them making your house, your clothes, your car smell bad. They made you stand outside in just barely above freezing weather in the rain for a few puffs. You keep throwing more and more of YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY at them and they're so ungrateful. They never told you that you look good, or complimented your cooking, or made you feel special.

But, you say, they helped me when I was stressed. Well, not exactly. They made you stressed when you went without them for so long. And then you had to have another one to bring your stress level back to normal. They're the evil ******* that abuses you and your wallet and your lungs but makes you feel so bad for leaving but they really want to control you and your money.

And, you know, kill you and your husband and your kids, but you already knew that.

One thing that's helped me is http://www.quitmeter.com. When you quit cigarettes you put in your quit date, number of cigarettes smoked per day, and cost per pack. It'll keep track of how long it's been since you've quit, how many cigarettes you haven't smoked, and how much money you've saved. It's a wonderful motivator-- "I've come this far, I don't want to ruin all that now!"

...sorry if this came off as preachy or whatever. It's past my bedtime.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #22  

Navi,
Thanks for the advice. who was that masked preacher? quick she dropped her soap box. lol.. j/k
you put a new spin on it.
Closed Thread