Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 07:28 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thumbs down Alternachicks at the movies

Hey, has anybody seen any good flicks lately or any of the latest summer releases?

I recently saw 28 days later - really enjoyed it!

It was billed as a zombie movie but it wasn't really. It reminded me of a lot of films like The Omega Man and some of those old British Sci-Fi films.

We may go see the new Terminator movie next week or maybe Pirates of the Caribean.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #2  

We love the movies but leaving thursday for a week long vacation so the last we saw was matrix II and I LOOOOOOOOOVED IT! mainly because after DH and I sat and analyized it, it made so much more sense and by itself it was a great movie but it wasnt created to stand out in its own right.. its the middle piece of a bigger puzzle.

We named our baby after Trinity in the movie (shes 15months old now). I cant wait for III to come out.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I watched "The Rules of Attraction" the other day. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.
"Animatrix" is interesting, we are in the process of watching it right now.
Lately we've been renting A LOT of Anime though, so I haven't had the chance to see any real movies.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #4  

We are going to see The League of Extraordiary Gentlemen on Saturday...can't wait! Mmmmm Sean Connery...if I was 30 years older or he was 30 years younger he still looks handsome!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #5  
Searching

Talking Pirates of the Caribbean

I loved it. I love action and I like pirate movies. Add Orlando Bloom, an excellent performance by Johnny Depp, and a hot chick and I haven't had this kind of fun since Cuthroat Island.

Watched Phonebooth. It was okay. There was some moral truths there but watching a guy stand in a phonebooth. Yawn.

Punch Drunk Love. It's been awhile since someone really used the cinematography and subtleness to tell a story. So I enjoyed it, despite the emotional fry out I felt afterwards.

Miss Chris
Old 07-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #6  

Went to see the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night - it was pretty good but a little slow, not a great plot but still enjoyable
Old 07-14-2003, 06:15 AM   #7  
Searching

Default I went and saw T3 this weekend

The action was good, but this movie is way over-hyped. Plus not be a plot killer but when Linda Hamilton carves NO FATE on the table top in T2 that meant something, in this movie they rip it all away. There is another part of me as a scientist that says linear time would make time travel more probable, but then there is the Heisenberg Uncertaintity Principle I don't know maybe I missed something when I fell asleep

Miss Chris
Old 07-14-2003, 08:37 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Chris I loved Pirates too! I wanna go into the city to see it again on a real big normal movie screen. I saw it last night on a screen that was 50 years old. But it was awesome. I think we would make good wenches, i got the cleavage for it! I want me a pirate. Urg!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #9  

I saw Bruce Almighty, that was funny as ****, I was falling out of my chair laughing. I saw it a few weeks ago, I don't know if it's still out.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:07 PM   #10  
one leg press at a time

I have planned for a party next sunday for the release of Tomb Raider 2(don't recall the second half of the name) but am really excited about it. It looks grat from the previews I have seen, and I hope it lives up to my expectations..
anybody had a sneak preview of this?
I also want to see Johnny English. I love Rowan Atkinson - he is so funny and pretty talented. any opinions on this flick?
I saw LXG and did not care for it. The vampire, Dorian and the ship were the only half good p[arts, but it is just not my style. Dh wanted to see it, so it was more of his thing.
We bought The Ring which I lovedand it scared DH.Had I seen the Japanese version first I might have had a fright. I love horror flicks but don't find many that scare me (including this one, but it was pretty good.)
Old 07-20-2003, 09:52 AM   #11  
Searching

TR2: The Cradle of Life
It will be the last fun thing I do before going out of town for the weekend. I love Lara Croft and Angelina Jolie for that matter ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 07-20-2003, 03:23 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Miss Chris-Hope YOU have fun too!! Where are you going?
Old 07-20-2003, 07:16 PM   #13  
Searching

Not till Friday and nobody get excited I am going to Altoona, IA.

Miss Chris
Old 07-20-2003, 07:28 PM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY! At least you are GOING somewhere!!! The only traveling I'll be doing is driving the kids around!!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:38 AM   #15  
a brave new me...

Angry Hey

Wasn't Johnny Depp just amazing in Pirates?? I swear that man looks hot even with missing teeth. Johnny can board my ship anyday. Hey, I heard he modeled his character and mannerisms for this role on... get this... Keith Richards!
Closed Thread