Yay! I exercised today!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Holy Moly Ellis~ thats alot of steps...yay for you

Wildfire...stop it your making me drool all over my keyboard

Today exercise for me is yardwork and closing the pool
  • Thank you, Sflake. Thank you, Ruth.
    Yesterday I did over 12 000 steps. But I ate like an oinker, and gained a pound. Thanks to Ruth.

Sflake, you have a pool, huh? Lucky girl. Do you ever think, "This is ridiculous! I need SERVANTS!" I do. All the time.
  • Well, I didn't walk as much as usual but the company was better. My Girls don't chat or shop on our walks.
    Today we will do a long walk to the park and then I'll be doing lots of gardening. That sure counts as exercise - bending, stretching, weight lifting - my body always tells me the enxt day that it was exercise!
  • What kind of pedometer do you use? I've been thinking about getting one.

Lidian - I am impressed with your running! I did 3 - one minute jogs on the treadmill today and it nearly killed me!
  • I am honkin' exhausted. A friend and I walked to Hull and all over and back. I'm at ummm... 17 650 + steps so far. (Omron pedometer, Jennifer. From the drugstore.)
    We stopped at a pawn shop on the way home. A new experience for me. I felt very shady in there.
  • I am leaving to go workout now.

Lois
  • I went for another little run - am building up again slowly, last week 15 minutes' worth and today did 20...I am investing in orthotic inserts to offset runner's knee, which I am amazed I did not think of last spring when my knee was starting to twinge a little. I do it after I drop the girls at school as I am already outside and might as well. Otherwise I won't, no WAY! It has to be very easy and obvious for me to do stuff. Which is why I like walking too.

Jennifer, I find running (and walking) on a treadmill really hard - much harder than doing it outside, I don't know why! We have a pretty good quality treadmill too. So I think you are doing really well! I can't do more than a minute or so on the treadmill myself (really!). Don't have a clue why!

Lidian
  • Lidian, I got orthotics a few years ago, and they are GREAT! (expensive little buggers, though) I guess I should really get a new pair made, but I so rarely wear running shoes anymore... I'm usually in my Birkenstocks, which have been a GODSEND where my feet are concerned.
    That is too weird about the treadmill! Maybe it's psychological. ? You and Jennifer have inspired me... I may just start running a little at the Y again soon.
    Congratulations to both of you on your running!!
  • Ellis~ yep we have a pool it's actually for my sister (thats what we tell dh) as with MS she can't get in alot of exercise cuz its dangerous for her to have her body temp. elevated....speaking of exercise you are quite impressive all those steps and yoga too, good for you, I'm proud of ya. Hugs & smiles

PS....yep on the servants, know where I can get some cheap?
  • Thanks, Sflake.
    That's so interesting about the body temperature thing... I had no idea. You must be constantly researching MS and hoping for new meds/etc.
    Hugs back, hon...
  • Yes I certainly have done my share of reading up on the subject. Poor thing get shot 3 times a week now and the side effects are awful but it seems that new meds are coming out more quickly this is the 3rd one for her. Thankfully the results are good so the side effects are so bothersome. My SIL has lupus and the two are somewhat similar. I think they are very close with viable treatment/cure for MS, lupus and parkinsons. Hopefully...
  • Lot's of walking today - walked to WW and home again, probably had about 2 hours of walking in for the day.
  • Good going, Mauvais!

An hour and a half of yoga last night.

Sflake, is it Interferon Beta 1a that she takes?
  • Yes Ellis it is, and she has had very positive results with it. Way to go on the yoga. Is it hard to do?
  • Well, yes it is. It's actually a low-level yoga. It's called "serenity yoga", and is a combination of physical and meditative. (well, all yoga is meditative, but there's more emphasis placed on Kundalini yoga in this class)
    Some of the poses are quite intense, though, and we seem to hold them FOREVER! And we do a lot of breathing exercises. "Breath of fire". I always have a good night's sleep when I get home.
    My daughter and I get a LOT of tension related headaches (plus migraines), and the yoga helps tremendously.