Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 02:29 AM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

of course, i mentioned it before, but i have a sis-in-law from ****, who is a teenager and says things to me like "gee, i feel so sorry for fat people" and then holds up the hugest clothes in the entire store and says "geez, i don't even know if these will fit you!"

stupid *****.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:40 AM   #17  
Queen of China

oh, well if we are going back to the good old school days...
once in high school a girl said to me:
if I looked like you I would kill myself...

now that was a stupid *****!

and just this weekend at a family reunion I met a cuz who said...
yeah, there were 2 types a people in our family, the beautiful ones and then your type. WTF????????
Old 08-10-2003, 12:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

(Aphil is busily sewing up some voodoo dolls for that SIL and cousin...)
Old 08-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

is there a way to poke the doll just right so that they gain a lot of weight really quickly and not only are fat but have loads of stretchmarks as well?? oh please please...

*LOL*
Old 08-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Nah, just get Aphil to add some extra stuffing in once a week until the voodoo dolls look like the sta-puff marshmallow man -
Old 08-11-2003, 03:44 PM   #21  
Queen of China

oh, I don't know...I know a lot of women who were poked just once and gained a lot of weight and ended up with stretch marks...
Old 08-17-2003, 08:07 AM   #22  

My ex-husband, trying to convince me not to move out of the house said " I even loved you when you gained weight". Gee, thanks.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:06 PM   #23  
Searching

Angry Not sure about this thread

I have laughed and cried with almost every story here. And feel like I completely understand. Here are some favorites from MY PARENTS;

After I lost 100 lbs;
"Good thing you lost that weight, we were getting really worried about you"

When I was 12 (140 lbs at 5'8) my dad
"When you lose some of that baby fat the boys will be chasing you up and down the street" (They were already chasing and would become his nightmare!)

Another from my dad after my yearly check up
"Your blood pressure is 110/60 thats like a runner or an athlete." (Um dad I workout 6 days a week and work at an industrial sized plant. No my weight is in direct proportion to my laziness, WHATEVER).

My mother in our Feb. visit
"The only way your going to lose that tummy is liposuction and a tuck"

Don't ask why these things stand out, but they really bite. Aren't you Mom and Dad suppose to think your a wonderful beautiful person even if I weighed 600 lbs?
Miss Chris
Old 08-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #24  

I have a girl in my office who is always saying she is fat and she looks at me and says " I am just waiting for you to lose the weight and I have a whole bunch of clothes that are too big for me that will fit you great" and then goes on to say "man I need to work out I almost fit into the clothes I have saved for you when you lose the weight" I wanna a voodoo doll to sew her mouth shut and make flare up like the sta-puff marchmellow man so I can offer her some of my clothes now and mentioned I can take them out if they don't fit right.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:24 AM   #25  
Queen of China

Yikes! Ro: no one can hit your hot buttons like your parents. Not sure why, but we are all wired that way. I think it is because they think they can say things to you that they wouldn't say to a stranger, yet we as children are taught not to talk back. How many times have we all just stood and took it when we really wanted to say...F'~off!!!!!!

And how wonderful that people will think of us when they cast off clothes...Tri- are you suppose to be grateful?, and they when you wear them, will little miss dip-sh&% announce to everyone that those were her 'fat clothes'. Sounds pretty passive/agressive to me.

We all carry these comments with us, but I can never remember a time when my parents said that I looked nice. That is, unless it was a back handed compliment or another attempt to make me understand I was fat. Example: You have nice shaped legs, they are huge, but nicely shaped...

oh, and the baby fat comment...I think we all have heard that. It must be in the parent to child communication handbook. 1960 edition.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:52 AM   #26  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

How about, "You have such a beautiful face, if only....." or this one from the son of a friend of mine, "If you ate less maybe you would lose some weight." (I had less food than anyone else, and his mother didn't say anything to him about his bad manners)
Old 08-18-2003, 10:56 PM   #27  
Searching

Thanks Ginya, sound like both our parents went to the same child rearing classes. Where does it come from?

My dear grandmother that I love more than anything in the world
"That shirt is nice fit for you, you can't tell that you have a big belly at all"

And Den that "SUCH A PRETTY FACE" comment makes me want to send people to the moon. I think any smart mouth punk would have said something like that to me would have gotten the otherside of my toungue, "I didn't know butts could talk, because that comment sure came out of an ***"

Miss Chris
Old 08-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #28  

YUP! Family sure can hurt you!! My Grandmother and the woman who looked after her until she died BOTH told me that I should lose some weight or my husband would leave me. And he was such a good man that I don't want to lose him. YES, he IS a good man, and that is why he loves me for WHO I AM!!!

Chris-FUNNY!!! I think I'll use that next time!!! I'm sick of being nice to people who hurt my feelings .
Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Ginya, that's sad what your cousin said. Trips me out a little though because my mother's family's annual reunion is in 2 weeks and I've been really pushing myself working out the last 2 weeks to see how much I can lose before the reunion. I'm curious to see what comments I'll get. Most of the people there have seen me at my highest weight and some have never seen me at all. I guess the good thing is all of them are from deep east Texas and about 98% of them have weight problems because of all the darn fried food they eat and the family gatherings, man, they are forever having fish fryings there.

As far as my most memorable 'torment' moment from high school:

I got so many rude weight comments said about me in the cafeteria at lunch during my junior year that I used to skip lunch and hide out in the bathroom. As soon as the bell would ring and everyone was coming back to class, I would be the first one in line at the class door waiting for the teacher to get back and some of the smart@$$ jock guys in the class would pretend to run into the lockers across the hall and say something about my 'fat' was taking up too much room.

All I can say now is that my 10 year HS reunion is in 5 years and if this diet and stuff that I continue to do stays with me til then, man, will I be able to piss them all off or what? Maybe they'll all be in the same shoes I was in my junior year and I can tell them to kiss my @$$ when they try to hit on me because I'm such a hottie.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:56 PM   #30  

CREEPS!! I used to get people asking me if i was pregnant, which you REALLY don't appreciate when you are 12 or 13!!!
Closed Thread