3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   finally!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/26515-finally.html)

ginya 04-09-2003 08:51 PM

finally!!!

it finally happened, I got into a pair of jeans I havent worn in years (competely out of date and style) and went to my sis's. after loosing 42 pounds, someone noticed...she said

you get a hair cut or something???

*sigh*

flower 04-09-2003 09:47 PM

Congrats on the jeans! I am proud of you!!!!

Sojourner 04-09-2003 10:28 PM

WOW!

You are doing so well... congratulations!

mauvaisroux 04-09-2003 10:47 PM

Way to go Ginya :cp: You are doing great! :cb:

ellis 04-09-2003 10:49 PM

Ginya, GOOD FOR YOU!!! :cb:

Amyjo01 04-09-2003 11:43 PM

Congrats !!!!

dentrassi 04-10-2003 01:38 AM

GOOD GOING GINYA!!!!! And forget your sister's reaction, Some people never notice at all!!

squeaker 04-10-2003 07:01 AM

Congrats Ginya!!! :bravo:

Aradia 04-10-2003 08:29 AM

Congradulations! That is great! Hang in there and keep up the great work!

ginya 04-10-2003 09:35 AM

aw thanks! its been a real interesting trip. I actually am getting use to the water, and don't miss the junk food. I just got home from vacation and still managed to loose a pound! (that was the hardest) but I certainly can not turn back now. Between you chickies, the diet tracker, the yahoo diet scale (that gives you a graft of your loss and tells you how many percentages you are to 'goal' 38%!) and the weigh-ins at the center, I am totally surrounded with support. I think that is far more important than counting calories...thanks again, you areall 'da bomb!'

Sojourner 04-10-2003 11:53 AM

Ginya...

Have you been anywhere in Asia lately? Please be careful... don't catch that nasty virus. Go buy a mask! Glad I missed all this when I was in Thailand a couple months back. :?:

Sojourner 04-10-2003 11:54 AM

One more thing...

What is the name of the program you are in? Is it a national program or just local?

ginya 04-10-2003 12:29 PM

I was 'suppose' to go to Hong Kong and Canton(which is ground zero for the virus) but told boss I would not. Everyone I am working with have canceled their trip and this will kill the asian economy. The #1 show of the year is in Canton and almost all of our (the US) product come from that show. Everyone from Marshall-Fields to Pier one imports and the dollar stores do their buying at that show...its quite a mess. I am scrambling to visit my customers here in the states to try to make up for it, so I have been doing day trips and the airlines are my friends...

the program...
well, it's called Medical Weight Loss, and was started by a Michigan Dr. it is all over here, but I don't think too much any place else. Because it is operated by Dr.s and real honest to god nurses, they can not pop up just everywhere (LA weight loss???)
they have a web site, but it kinda sucks www.mwlc.com
of course you are gonna hear the sales pitch, and be confronted with vitamins (twice the cost of national brand) and pre packaged nutrients...most of these I refuse. Because I needed to work with these guidelings, it is working for me. I need to be accountable to someone else. I need to have a very ridgid eating plan, because I usually will make the wrong choice. The 'diet' is pretty simple, low carbs, low fat, 64oz water, no junk, fresh fruit and veggies... You can also get meds from the Dr. and some are using the ones to limit the fat intake, I am on Maridia (thank you Jesus!!!) and it is a lifesaver. but I only get a one month RX at a time.

the good thing for me is, they have different programs for you as you go, and everyone is not given a cookie cutter program. I was given a diet class and lessons on behavior modification, I was given a blood test and an eeg prior to starting. I meet with a Dr. once a month, where we discuss any problems. I meet with the nurse every time I go in (3 times a week, that is a pain) and have my keytones checked and every other week I get a B12 shot. I have my BP checked every time and we review my 'food diary'. It IS expensive, but for me it ends up being cheaper in the long run because I don't eat out any more. I use to eat out every night, really! every night. and one night at a Red Lobster was running about $40.

this program will not work for everyone, and I see a lot of people in there complaining it is too hard or restricting. I had just got to the place where I had to get help. and (forgive me all you WW people) every person I knew who was doing the WW became sorta a 'stepford wife' and it creeped me right out. I am sure there are a lot of people around here that have tried this program and failed.

This program is all about re-evulating your food intake (thus the dreaded food scale) keeping yourself filled with healthy food. I eat something 5 times a day. (lots of fiber!) Understanding what your limitations are and accepting the fact that if we need this drastic of a step, have issues with food. Our bodies and lifestyles do not fit with the typical american burger king dream. We are different, we can not eat like we want.

Bottom line, it is difficult...it can work...it is expensive...and it is up to you.

sorry about the sermon.

mauvaisroux 04-10-2003 12:34 PM

Hey Ginya- who are you calling a Stepford Wife!!!!! :lol: them's fightin' woids r'ound heyah! :lol: :dizzy:

ginya 04-10-2003 12:39 PM

I KNEW that was gonna get everyones panties in a bunch!

maybe its just the groups around me...but you can see em' all holding their fist up to their food, and talking about points...ewwwwwwww, bringing the prepackaged deserts to wedding receptions...They have meeting in the mall around here, so as I walk by they usually just shake their heads. tsk tsk tsk...such denial. I totally know and understand their program works, I have seen many many people do it, its just, um...not for the alterna-chick in me...