3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   finally!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/26515-finally.html)

RavenToy 04-10-2003 12:48 PM

Hey, not everyone's panties are in a bunch, I'm not a WW type. The whole concept of going to meetings and such is just so not for me, so .. you aren't alone Ginya.

:lol: Stepford Wives :lol:

mauvaisroux 04-10-2003 12:56 PM

I was just kidding Ginya! :devil: BTW g-strings don't bunch :)

I take everything with a grain of salt (0 points ;) ) and do my own thing. And I have never held my fist up to food (except to say "Damm you Cheetos! Damm you all to ****!" in a Charton Heston like manner ) nor brought my own dessert to a wedding :lol:

ginya 04-10-2003 01:00 PM

I can see it...

"hello, my name is Ginya and I'm fat"

"hello, Ginya!"

when I was a kid, my neighbor lost like 200 pounds on WW...but all those smiling faces...all the cheerleading...

for me this is a very personal thing. I don't tell anyone i am on a 'diet'. When i go to resturants with clients, I just order the broiled fish and plain baked potatoe. I don't want to 'become' the diet. for me it is a control issue, and a emothinal issue, and a comfort food issue, and I just am not the type to stand up and announce to the world what I weigh. ****, I don't even want to know myself. (the Bob Segur song, Fell Like a Number, is going through my head)

dentrassi 04-10-2003 01:30 PM

I always thought if I could find an ALTERNACHICKS WW group that I'd like it, but every group I ever went to left me feeling like a fish in a bucket of mud, which is part of the reason I eat in the FIRST place. If I want to feel out of place I can just sit out on the front porch.

mauvaisroux 04-10-2003 03:32 PM

Yeah, I don't exactly fit in there either :shrug: but I am re-joining with two girlfriends (also re-joining) who are definetly Alternachicks so I am hoping there will be safety in numbers :lol:

Maybe we will start our own chapter of AlternaWW;)

Besides I have you chicks to keep me grounded :D

dentrassi 04-10-2003 07:09 PM

going with friends will definitely make it better!! You can take over the group, because 3 of you EASILY will outdo 20 of them!!!!!

mauvaisroux 04-10-2003 07:14 PM

Yeah, well either that or I will be pointing at people and making that weird screaming noise from Invasion of the Body Snatchers! :lol:

Lidian 04-10-2003 08:39 PM

A belated congratulations to you Ginya! That is such great news about the jeans. I had a talismanic pair of jeans that I gave away and now...I hope to find them again in a secondhand store someday, don't know why! Cuz they are really small (I was 24 and thin as I could ever hope to get as an adult) and they are NOT going to be fitting me ever again but...I sort of miss them.

A lot of people round here don't notice that there is less of me - I guess we just have to enjoy our success here and inside of us.

As for WW, I like some of the ideas but - it is so expensive! Every time I have considered going or even joining on-line I just can't believe how expensive it is...but I know it works well for lots of people & sometimes I do count in points. So that's a nice equivocal opinion!

Lidian

dentrassi 04-10-2003 11:34 PM

Mauvais-I did that to a friend of mine once........I'm surprised she is still my friend!!! (It was right after the 2nd version came out. We had seen it and she was spending the night. Right as we started settling down for the night I did that to her. Like I say, I'm surprised she is still my friend!!!) (Although she HAS to stay my friend because now that my paternal grandmother is gone she and her mother are the only people I know who are shorter than me!!!)

Lidian-WW in the US has a sliding scale for low income clients. Call them up because I bet they have it in Canada too!!!