Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 03:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default easter

Not to whinge or anything (whinge, whinge...), but in addition to cooking a gourmet meal for twelve on monday plus cleaning my huge, dirty old house this weekend, I've decided to reupholster two of my living room chairs. By Saturday. curses... what the heck was I thinking. I've got the fabric spread out all over the living room floor, and I'm in such a flap.

No matter... I'll have a nervous breakdown AFTER Easter!

Anyone serving anything extraordinary this weekend? Or do we not "do" Easter.

I've decided to stop trying to squeeze everyone around our dining table, and will be picking up two small square dining tables at Ikea this weekend. Should seat an additional 6 to 8 people.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #2  
Searching

Smile Easter Plans

Saturday Eve we will be embarking upon an Easter feast at my favorite Indian resturant. They promise to have BBQ, Prime Rib, and Indian specialties. Then I suppose we will come home and rub our bellies. My MIL is out of town so no one will be attending church but the bunny will come to my house even though my son is probably getting too old for this stuff. I think I scared him when I cried because he told me there was no Santa. I will not take any such guff about the Easter Bunny.

Miss Chris
Old 04-17-2003, 04:20 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

Angry Yup...

Saturday we are heading to my aunt's house for a fabulous gourmet Easter meal (she is a great cook) along with my sister's family and my parents. Easter Sunday is church as usual...
Old 04-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #4  

We are having a generic holdiay meal probably on Friday - turkey, roast potatoes, salad, and strawberries and meringues for dessert.

The annual chocolate egg hunt will also take place. The girls like us to rehide their eggs several times all over the house so they can hunt and hunt (I sometimes find one in a sofa cushion 2 months later, which is nice!)

We don't have extended family around, so it is just us & the cats - very relaxed (now that I have completed grocery shopping with the girls!).

And like Chris we will have Indian food (on Saturday I think) - bring on the samosas!

Lidian
Old 04-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's the Delta Maple Syrup Festival so I will be flipping flipping pancakes Saturday and Sunday! Yick! The smell turns me right off the darn things - I hope!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:19 PM   #6  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

I am just having DH, the kids, my Dad & Stepmom. Very quiet for us since we usually have a huge gathering of all the aunts, uncles & cousins too. With DH father so ill, they are just staying home. Usually all holidays are spent with DHs family, so this will be a nice change. My Dad is vegetarian, so now ham for us. I am grilling salmon, lemon asparagus, herbed red potatoes, and basil & snow peas. I haven't decided what dessert will top off & ruin that healthy low cal meal though! LOL!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:59 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

About 20 people at my mom's for dinner Sunday afternoon. As usual there will be a ton of food. Normally there is a ham, fresh & smoked polish sausage, and a turkey breast. And we also have a few birthdays to celebrate so there will be a bunch of desserts too.

The easter bunny still stops at my mom's house for me every year. I just get to pick out the main kind of chocolate I want. This year it is chocolate covered raisin clusters. And there will be jelly beans, malted milk balls and peeps. It normally will take me over a month to finish everything in the basket. It isn't that big, I just try and space it out.

I also still dye eggs. Even if all I do is turn them into deviled eggs or egg salad. We don't hide them or anything. I just like dying them.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

1st Easter meal over. KFC with my mother-in-law. No, I didn't cop out. I OFFERED to cook a big meal, but my DH insisted on KFC for her, and his mom loved it.

BURP!!

One more big meal to go... Monday... major cooking and baking tomorrow. And cleaning. Oh, and I slipcovered my chairs. And bought two tables and four stools at Ikea today for the extra company dining. You would not BELIEVE the line-ups at Ikea!!
We were in the line for about 45 minutes. And had time to make friends with the family behind us.
Closed Thread