Any DIY ladies on here?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Unfortunately, I have crafter's ADD, so instead of mastering one craft, I dabble in dozens. Crochet is probably the one I'm most proficient in, especially in making stuffed critters. I'd like to write and sell patterns, but my dabblings keep getting in the way (since I like the original creating process more than the technical reverse engineering process).

I sew, but my skills are pretty basic. I don't normally sew clothing, but when I couldn't find a replacement for my favorite knit pants, I traced them onto fabric and sewed two pair. I eliminated the outer side seam by placing that seam edge onto the fold. I simplified the waist (since it wasn't going to show). The waist seam looks pretty rough, but it's always covered).

I tend to be a "short cut" sewer. I'd rather use a simple pattern and a beautiful, forgiving fabric.

I also like an array of doll crafts. Costuming and fashion doll repaints are my favorites. I use barbie and other fashion dolls and turn them into fairies, centaurs, mermaids, and other fantasy creatures and characters.

Right now, I'm sewing clothes for myself, because I need to, but I want to get back to my doll wigmaking.

I'm also working on a novel.