Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 12:46 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Cool do you believe in signs?

I was in the kitchen getting Grif a snack. I thought, yes...a snack would be good. I have not had a morning snack all week. I am not snacking anymore except for my 2:30 planned snack. No after dinner treats, nothing. It must be eatten at meal time. So, I grab a ff sugar free yogart, sprinkle a teaspoon of grapenuts on top, grab a water and head upstairs. I trip on the stairs and my yogart goes everywhere! All over the wall, the carpeted stairs, my socks. I got 3 bites of my "snack". Guess someone didn't want me to have a snack! It was a sign. Off to purge my magazine collection. My to do for the day.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:05 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Flower, that surely was a sign of disapproval from the goddesses of weight loss! Although your "snack" seemed healthy enough
Old 03-18-2003, 02:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Signs... oooooh, yeah... that happens to me A LOT!! Like eating a bowl of chips and finding a hair in the bowl and having to throw the whole thing out. gag.

Or eating a piece of meat and having my husband start mooing. Another cause for me to start gagging.

Or eating an egg and finding something weird in it.

Or burning an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies.

If there were more signs like those, I'd be a bone rack.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Thanks Ellis, now I don't want to eat for the rest of the day!

flower, your sign was hysterical! Maybe it was a sign to start some ballet classes.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:14 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

Dearest Goddess Jessica-now that isn't funny!!! You have no clue how ungraceful I am! I would seriously hurt myself in ballet. The funniest part of it, is that I can not wear slippers on the stairs cause I trip. So I have a pair on the top of the stairs and another pair on the bottom of the stairs. And I was just wearing socks! I thought I was just clumbsy cause of my weight but I think I will be clumbsy no matter what my weight should be!
Old 03-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #6  
wsw

flower-liked your sign story! i've had some signs myself not to eat something. i once dropped a pizza on the rug-yes, a whole pizza! of course, no one else could have any of it either (LOL!), but it certainly saved me from eating an unplanned snack. it was good to be reminded of those signs. take care.

wsw
Old 03-18-2003, 06:50 PM   #7  
it's always something

One thing I NEVER do is order any type of takeout if I'm going to eat alone. I'm most well behaved when there are witnesses nearby However, I recently had a craving for pizza from this incredible pizzaria that lasted for a week, but knew no one would share something so sinful with me. So I did it. I ordered the pizza. I went to pick it up, it was late at night and raining. I went back out to my car, and it wouldn't start! I tried for 20 minutes and the damned car just would not start. All I could think about was how I was going to call someone and explain why I was where I was. I ate one slice of the pizza in the car, and took the rest and put it in the garbage can. I then returned to my car and it started right up. Maybe I do believe in signs
Old 03-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

heh heh heh
Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #9  

Signs are everywhere.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:32 AM   #10  
a brave new me...

Wink Yah...

Hey, I've got about 50 flabby signs plastered all over my hips, thighs, butt, tummy, breasts... signs that I don't need to eat THAT and that I need to lose 50 pounds.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:54 AM   #11  
Must Shrink.

Yup ~ I can relate to this thread!

L
Old 03-19-2003, 09:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees signs like this... about a week ago I had the worst craving for garden-herb flavored Triscuits - not a bad snack, but I normally eat the entire box when I get them, lol. I fought it off for a few hours & finally I gave in & drove to the grocery store - and guess what? They were OUT of garden-herb Triscuits! I laughed outloud standing there, I'm sure the people around me thought I was nuts, but I took it as a sign that I shouldn't buy those evil things - and my craving went away right then & there!

Last edited by Lunula; 03-19-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #13  
you can call me flower

Lunula...those triskits are some major problem makers....I can never stop at a serving. They aren't allowed in this house!
Old 03-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #14  
a brave new me...

Oooohhhh... I love triscuits. I always have the low fat version handy as they make great snacks or meals with a little cheese or pb and jelly or just plain. Yum.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #15  

Triscuits...oh yum! I love them. I can easily eat a whole box, so I cannot have them around. Or Wheat Thins, or swiss cheese crackers.

I had a sign like that a few weeks ago (which I think I mentioned already but I am gonna say it again!) when the packet of Cadbury mini eggs I had been saving all for me me me had all this waxy gunk all over the mini eggs and I couldn't eat them after all.

Lidian
Closed Thread