3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Pamper time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/25134-pamper-time.html)

ellis 03-04-2003 06:36 PM

Den, you're so lucky... I'm too uptight to read in the tub. I TRY to do it. I get all settled, but then I'm anxious and just want to get the heck into bed to fall asleep. So I'm out before I've read even one page. :rolleyes:
DH and I were just talking about putting a hot tub in the basement. (not seriously, but it WOULD be nice!) I think I'd relax in there. If there was someone around to drag me out when I fell asleep. :D

Did you hear that? Blackbird has similar problems to us! I haven't shaved under my arms in ... oh... 4 years. Now it's become a fashion statement as far as I'm concerned. And the legs get attacked a couple of times a year. But when I lose weight and become a babe, THOSE are going to make a fashion statement, too!!
Blackbird, what a lovely time you must have had with your DD! :yes: I've done that occasionally with my daughter. Sometimes we take photos. (I dunno... just to prove for the future that we DID have quality time together?! :D )

sarajane 03-04-2003 06:55 PM

I did the bubble soak last night. Had to dress rather nice today and the legs HAD to be shaved.

Ellis- I had 14 inches cut off my hair- but I know how much easier the shower is. Check Antique Malls and Flea Markets for the fixtures. If you are willing to clean them you can find good deals.
We had a house with glass door knobs (from the 20's) on every door and I loved them, until I priced new ones due to the knobs stripping, and I 'bout died! I found a lady with a box in her basement. Got them for pennies. They had to soak in windex for days, but they worked.

I bought a "mommy" book and boy am I enjoying reading it!!! My little ones want to read it, but they are old enough to ask what some of the phrases and words mean---- and I am not going there YET!!!

60 days to Quebec!!!!!!!!!

dentrassi 03-04-2003 07:17 PM

I don't shave either!!! NEVER do the underarms any more because I either get ingrown hairs which itch like crazy or the deoderant starts to burn. Once in a while I do the legs, maybe twice a year.

flower 03-06-2003 10:43 AM

Has anyone pampered themselves this week???? I could seriously use a new coat of polish! I painted these nails pink and they are splattered with red dots from painting!!!! It is so Valentines! And it is a green month!!!!! :)

ellis 03-06-2003 11:15 AM

Yeah, I had a bath last night. And I brushed my teeth this morning.
ACTUALLY, I put on lipstick this morning! AND creamed my face. Oh, and I put mascara on my eyebrows. (covered up those white ones) I decided it was time to get out of the house, and I did a big shop for groceries and went to the library, paid off a $55 fine :rolleyes: and got some books out. I'm absolutely exhausted now. Medicine, a book, and a nap for me!

Sojourner 03-06-2003 01:03 PM

HAHAHAHA...

You chickies just kill me! Yes, I'm the one here that showers and shaves everything everyday. :o I'm glad I read this thread because it reminds me that I need to continue pampering myself. Perhaps today I will exfoliate everything in the shower...

We have a hot tub outside on our deck... it is absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend it. There is nothing better than running out there at night in the dead of winter and sliding into 104 F degree bubbling water. Sigh.

flower 03-06-2003 01:34 PM

Sojo-can I come over??? I wish I could have afforded a jucuzzi when we moved in here! I love them!

I am a bath girl. Showers are only for:after gardening, at the beach, at the gym, or after I have sprayed the house for bugs. I would die without a daily bath!!!!!!

Sojourner 03-06-2003 01:46 PM

Well...

We wouldn't have been able to afford it either. When we were searching for our first home we came to this little tiny 100 year old house (only 950 square feet) on the island right next to the lake and a big park. We loved it when we walked inside... lots of woodwork, all hardwood floors, rennovated kitchen, two little bedrooms, a teeny bathroom, tiny yard with beatiful landscaping and gardens and lilac trees, two car garage even. I was all ready to make an offer half way through the house and then we walked out back on the deck and there was the hot tub built right in to the deck underneath this arbor with vines growing all around! Well, then we had to have a serious discussion about whether or not we were buying a house with a hot tub or a hot tub with a really expensive dressing room! Well, the price was definitely right so we went ahead and made an offer. I love this place and am so happy we chose it. I will be very sad if we ever move.

ellis 03-06-2003 02:13 PM

Sojo, your house sounds like a dream! Hmmm, you're not at all a depressed person with a hygiene problem, are you. ;) My depressed artist neighbour and I determine the depth of each other's depression by how clean we are. "Ellis, you washed your hair today! You must be feeling FABULOUS, dahling!" :lol:

dentrassi 03-06-2003 03:54 PM

HEY!! I bathed yesterday, and brought out all the fun "Burt's Bees" samples that my MIL gave me!!! Finally realized it was dumb to save them....better to pamper myself with them!!! (Rosemary shampoo, peppermint soap, carrot facial scrub, orange facial cleaner, coconut foot cream, lemon cuticle rub.......I smelled like an herb shop!!!)

sarajane 03-06-2003 06:05 PM

Hi all - I bought a new bra today!! (Lane Bryant sale!!!) This is a rare thing for me. I wear them until I have to put safety pins in the straps! The one I have on today is missing underwire on one boob! (My mother would die!!!)

I walked past Victoria Secret and saw this gorgeous nightie! It is a beautiful coral color and I will buy it tomorrow when I get paid and hang it up by my bed for inspiration.

I am all for Bert's Bees!

ellis 03-06-2003 06:10 PM

Den, I am so happy for you! I was going to say proud, but that would be a bit condescending, wouldn't it. :lol: What a dream... all that stuff you had!! I love Burt's stuff. I wish I afford to buy it for myself...

Yes, it's stupid to save those things. I do it, too, but I've resolved to stop being ridiculous and just USE them! I just have to think of the two angel soaps in my mother-in-law's bathroom to get me going. They're about 30 years old, dusty and cracked. Disgusting. Use them or throw the damned things out!!

ellis 03-06-2003 06:12 PM

Sarajane... congrats on the new bra! I know that story all too well... :lol:

Sojourner 03-07-2003 01:01 AM

Well...

When I am depressed I mope around until mid-afternoon in my jammies and then finally crawl into the shower at around 3:00. Although if I am really depressed I might skip a day, but I hate feeling stubble on my legs and my hair looks like a rats nest so that isn't too often.

wsw 03-08-2003 11:52 AM

This is a great topic. I am not too good at pampering myself. I'm working on that though. I am most definitely a work in progress. Three years ago, I had a health scare when my doc thought my number would be up within months. I had all these nice candles that I had never even used at that time. Well, I do fire up new candles these days, but pampering myself is still not one of my best events. Let's see, today I will take a long, luxurious bubble bath. My friends are giving me a birthday party tonight (my 50th-Ugh!! birthday was on Tues.) and I will not do any chores or things on my "have to do" list-just relax and enjoy the afternoon and this beautiful sunshine, and of course, my party this evening. Well, take care, all.