3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Pamper time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/25134-pamper-time.html)

ellis 03-08-2003 12:41 PM

Happy Birthday, wsw!! :gift: :cb: :wave:

RavenToy 03-08-2003 12:51 PM

:hat: :hb: :gift: Happy Birthday wsw!!!

today is shave and nails day. that's my big pamper time. :)

dentrassi 03-08-2003 01:46 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WSW!!! :hb: :jig: :dance: :gift: :dancer: :balloons:

Ellis-One of my Christmas presents!!! My MIL gave me this zippered bag that was crammed full of sample size containers!!! (She is a sweetie.....usually!!)

flower 03-08-2003 02:50 PM

WSW- how was your 50th party? I hope you had fun, and if not, I hope you got great gifts!!!! :)

sarajane 03-08-2003 08:48 PM

I am on a vacation until Wednesday and I am pampering my self by sleeping until 10 every morning!!! I get the kids up and dressed and when the hubby comes in from work he takes them to school. By the time he gets home again, I am fast asleep. I am sure he had hope I would stay awake atleast 1 morning!!!

wsw 03-09-2003 08:02 PM

hello all!

thank you for the birthday wishes, ellis, raventoy, dentrassi, and flower! i appreciate it! i had a wonderful 50th birthday party. i thought it was going to be a small dinner party and instead it turned out to be a large surprise party, which was delightful. one friend came in from out of town. other out of town friends were asked by the hosts to write some bithday thoughts and wishes for me which one host read out loud. i was so touched by everyone's kindness and all the effort it took to pull off this surprise, which had been planned starting over a month ago! it was amazing and i had a great time. surprisingly, 50 is turning out to be pretty good after all. talk about pamper time---i was pampered big time last night at my party and i enjoyed every minute of it. well, thanks for listening. hope you all have a good evening. take care.

wsw

ellis 03-10-2003 07:18 AM

Sarajane, enjoy your vacation, hon! I'm in the same boat. Sort of. It's March break, and I don't have to get up to get the kids off to school. Which means I COULD be sleeping right now, but... what can I say... I'm a morning person! :D

wsw, what a delightful evening you had... I'm so happy for you! We should EACH be proud of our age... whatever it is. Every day gives us a little more experience... a little more wisdom. I feel that every day I'm a little closer to getting to know the real me. And I hope that that "me" is kinder and wiser and more loving and tolerant than the "me" of today. Because that's what I'm looking for. :)

OKAY! So where the **** am I?! Ah! Pamper time! Well, I've got yoga this evening with DD, and we're really looking forward to it. It's bizarre. You sit in a darkened room for an hour and a half performing gentle movements and meditating... if I actually thought about it (which I just DID :lol: ), I'd think, "No way I'm sitting still for that long!!" But it's a total "me time", and I love it.

RavenToy 03-10-2003 09:29 AM

You know, Ellis, the more you talk about yoga, the more I wonder if my daughter and I shouldn't try it. I wonder if I could convince her to go... once.

ellis 03-10-2003 10:09 AM

Raven, I hope you both try it and love it. My daughter is seldom enthusiastic about anything, and it was a real joy to know we'd "hit on something she likes". We've had her in ballet, swimming, skating, baseball, etc. To boost her self-confidence. And while she did EXTREMELY well at everything, she never got excited about any of those programs.
I don't know why she feels differently about Yoga, but I feel it's something that will make her a stronger, more confident woman.

A word of advice if you DO go. I discovered that the worst problem with being an overweight woman is trying desperately not to pass gas during the class. :lol: I'd eaten a fairly heavy meal before I went, and I was VERY uncomfortable. Today I'm going to wait to eat until after the class.
I noticed that one overweight male kept leaving the class last week. I thought maybe he was going to get a drink of water, but now I think he kept leaving the room to let one rip. :D

RavenToy 03-10-2003 11:10 AM

*rofl* thank you for the advance warning. my daughter is somewhat like that, as well. it's difficult to find things she *wants* to do. I'll have to see if there's a class nearby.

mauvaisroux 03-10-2003 07:59 PM

:lol: Ellis you are too funny!

I think I will take a nice bubble bath and paint my toe nails some obnoxious color tonight :)

sarajane 03-10-2003 08:57 PM

HI all!!! I am down to the last day of my vacation and I am seriously considering quitting. I have been able to take care of SO many things this week and I am SO happy. The kiddies were out of school today and the whole family went to the mall. (just hope the hubby can stay awake till 7 a.m.) We had needed to buy new shoes for tennis lessons and spring in general and I had put it off. Quitting the job would be the ultimate pampering! I know I would want to go back to work soon, but I would like to be off for a couple of months.

Well as for pampering today- I will take a bubble bath and put the non frizzy stuff in my hair. I shall watch a "Chick Flick" as well...

Sweet Dreams

dentrassi 03-10-2003 09:01 PM

WSW-Glad to hear your birthday was so nice!!! I think we get BETTER as we get older. I have MUCH more confidence now than I did ten or fifteen years ago!! (And I won't even MENTION what I was like twenty or thirty years ago!!!)

Ellis-I found theat my stomach would get in the way!!!! (You know, I COULD go down further because I ain't feeling a thing, but it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for me to go down further!!!)

ellis 03-10-2003 10:32 PM

Oh my gosh, Den... me too!! There was one move this evening that was totally cutting off all oxygen. The instructor helped me to find a slightly easier position, and I said, "The problem is, I'm too fat!" She very kindly said, "No no!" She's about 5'-2", and weighs about 98 pounds, so I thought it was very generous of her to say so. :lol:

dentrassi 03-11-2003 01:36 PM

HEY!! I'm pampering myself as we speak! I am giving myself a facial from the pack of Burt's Bees samples!!! SMELLS GREAT!