Old 05-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #16  
That Girl

S/C/G: 344/341/160

Height: 5'9''

this is something i'm terrified about. I have 2 red bows on the backs of my legs that i fear are going to look horrid once the weight comes off of my legs. my lower back tattoos (there are three....) are going to look weird too, since 2 of the tattoos are words. yikesss. at least my big giant one is on my calf, and my calves are actually pretty muscular, and the ones on my collar bones probably won't get weirded out.
Jenocyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 241/241/112

Height: 5ft 3in

I also worry about this, I have a tattoo on my upper left arm, one on my inner right forearm and one on my chest, I do hope they don't end up looking like the print on a deflated balloon :S Actually, thinking about it I'll ask my buddy, he had a gastric bypass and lost 15 stones (210lbs) I'll ask him if his is OK and let you know
Mrs Meee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #18  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

I have 4 tattoos - between my shoulders, bicep, ankle, and breast.

I have lost and gained ALOT of weight in my adult life, and had 3 kids. The one on my boob is the only one that has changed.

I got it when I was 17. It's a cluster of 3 roses, and it's my smallest one...only about the size of a silver dollar. When I got it is had a circular shape. I am 32 years old now, and it is more like an oval now lol. It looks like it is sliding down my boob at an angle or something. It used to be straight like this - now it's more like \

When I have on a good bra you can't really tell, but the girls just aren't what they used to be

I can't say for sure whether it's just the weight loss and gain, because I've also been pregnant and breastfed several times since then.

If I had to bet on it I'd say that in most areas of your body it won't have that much of an effect, but some parts are just prone to sagging as we age, weight aside. Skin sag is more the issue than weight itself, because it permanently distorts the shape. Gravity is the devil

If you have huge boobs like me, getting a tattoo there just isn't a good idea. It is the only one I regret.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

I have been sooo worried about this too! I have one on my lower back that I was so afraid would look crazy if I lost weight.. Good to know that it shouldn't change! :]]
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #20  
Ninja loss

Height: 5'3 (161cms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Meee View Post
I also worry about this, I have a tattoo on my upper left arm, one on my inner right forearm and one on my chest, I do hope they don't end up looking like the print on a deflated balloon :S Actually, thinking about it I'll ask my buddy, he had a gastric bypass and lost 15 stones (210lbs) I'll ask him if his is OK and let you know

hi what did his look like?

i'm still scared to get any new tattoos.. i guess i can wait..
Catcuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #21  
this is my war baby

I've so far resisted getting any because of this, I don't know what it'd look like if I got it while big, and then lost weight. I have a few planned, and it's so hard not to go for it, but I'm going to wait until I am at least half way there. From reading this it seems like it just depends where they are.

Jen, the bows sound really cute!
miss ann thrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #22  
a work in progress :)

S/C/G: 244/234/140

Height: 5' 7"

Glad others are asking this as well. I'm not worried about the ones I currently have because I've purposefully gotten them on areas that won't really shrink or expand, I have 3(ish lol) one on the inside of my wrist, one on the inside of my forearm by my elbow and all my toes done. I really want to have a chest piece (collar bone area really) that goes down into basically half sleeves. As much as I want them now I'm worried that they'll become distorted as I lose weight. I'm also considering the possibility of a breast lift after I lose all the weight, and wonder how that would effect them. *sigh* guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!
lagorditadecolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #23  
I'm not fat I'm Fluffy

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Height: 5'5"

i have 8. i tried to stay on areas that would stay relativly the same if i lost weight. both wrist, and the area just under the elbow pit (elbow down to wrist) one on small of back and one on shoulders/blades (that badly needs to be touched up so not too worries about it) one on my massive right calf (thanks for the football player legs mom) and one on my right flub which i am hoping that if i do the weight loss correctly will shrink evenly. i am planing to get a chest piece soon but it will be direct.y on my sternum (ouuuuch) and im hoiping the weight change shouldnt affect it that much. i amd a well endowed lady (38/40 DDD) and i think the only morphing should be if i have on a super bra. i plan on having full to half sleeves within the next few years. i would also like to have a few on the front pelvic region but that ares is currently all flubby.
GuardDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #24  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default Sleeves

Hi,

I'm new here (have intro post) and have a large back piece and a half and full sleeve. I was afraid of getting the arm work because of it stretching but so far they look good. My arms are still fat but the tats look fine. I do have some "wingy" areas on upper arms that I'm hoping to tone in order to add more ink (my tats only cover the front of my arms.

I have not attempted any chest or trunk and leg tattoos (other than ankle) because I feel those are the places that are at greatest risk for change with weight loss and/or gain.

Hope to lose another 45 lbs with exercising and have more tattoo plans, so we'll see what happens. : )

Thanks for the thread and hope to get to know you guys!
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote